Do you include/count calories from fruits &a veggies?

Options

Replies

• seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Try to forget about Weight Watchers points all together. This is a whole different method of calculation.

I log all fruit and most vegetables, like others have said, in time you become more comfortable with it. I'll never log a leaf of lettuce and slice of tomato on a sandwich. I'll always log the cup of frozen chopped spinach in my homemade quesadilla, and any oil used to cook it, if applicable.

• hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    For the most part yes. I wont log a slice of tomato and lettuce on my burger for example. I don't log thr small handful of lettuce I put on my tacos. Etc. it's negligible. But in general yes you should log your fruits and vegetables.
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    Start counting them, and depending on the numbers apply common sense to see if you should continue counting them.

On average I eat a big chunk of my daily calories in the form of fruit and veg. So it makes sense to count them.
  • JRSINAZ
    JRSINAZ Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I count everything except maybe 100 grams of lettuce haha. A piece of fruit like a pear, banana or peach can be 100 calories. It adds up. Still a much better choice than a starchy food.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I eyeball my veg (save for the starchy ones) but I still track them. Not only for day to day calories, but also so I know what the heck I ate on a given day. I recently went back through my diary at a time when I was most successful, so I could remind myself what I was doing right. If I'd not logged my veggies etc, it would have been a patchier diary to review.
  • theabsentmindednurse
    Options
    I am a vegetarian.
    Everything is counted.'
    I put my regular salads and soups in my recipes so i know the exact calories and log it that way.
    Much quicker and easier than logging every individual item.

And as others have mentioned. Calories are calories. :)
  • karahm78
    karahm78 Posts: 505 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I log them and if home ill weigh (yes even salad using the bowl/Tare/repeat method. In addition to calories I also track my fiber so I like to include fruit and veg.

I used to be a huge WW fan but the free fruit and veg sabotages and no longer meets my goals. My dad is currently making bowls of nice cream out of bananas using this Yonanna machine that people in his group told him about (ZERO POINT!!) Of course his losing has stalled :-/
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    I find that I may not always weigh out or log vegetables I grab to snack on like a handful of cherry tomatoes or a chunk of English cucumber sliced, but I also don't eat either in large enough quantities to really make much of an impact. The 15-30 calories I didn't log probably got burned off by slicing the vegetables. If I'm doing a salad from a recipe, I'll weigh everything out, though.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    I eyeball low cal veggies. I weigh fruit and higher cal veggies. It all gets logged :smile:
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    Fruit yes, veggies usually no. It's not worth the effort to log 7 calories of spinach (which is a whole salad's worth).

I count everything. It really isn't much effort to click a box next to an item when selecting the foods that made up a meal.