App for logging calories lost doing weights?

Any app's with a good interface that records calories lost for different weights workouts?

Replies

• irtrail
    irtrail Posts: 18 Member
    So...one foot-pound is 0.33 calories.

A dietary calorie is actually a kilocalorie. Lifting 3000 lbs one foot would almost equal 1Kcal, but not quite. On a solid 60,000 lb total lifted workout, you'd burn just under 20Kcal from lifting.

I am sure there are other metrics, boosted metabolism, protien synthesis, etc that burn calories too, but I cant see that it would be a significant amount.

That's my take on why we don't count calories from lifting from a mechanical engineering perspective.
  • EmmaCaz4
    EmmaCaz4 Posts: 113 Member
    Why do you need an app to calculate cals lost in weight training?
    Just use the weight training exercise data input in the cardio section to give you a basic calorie count if you're wanting it to eat cals back or anything.

Alot of effort for nothing really calculating each exercise... you don't burn a massive amount weight lifting, you only tend to actually perform the exercise for a very short amount of time..
  • ent3rsandman
    ent3rsandman Posts: 170 Member
    Nah not really. Just monitor your weight on a site like Trendweight or using Nsun's TDEE spreadsheet and adjust your intake accordingly.
  • DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    irtrail wrote: »
    So...one foot-pound is 0.33 calories.

A dietary calorie is actually a kilocalorie. Lifting 3000 lbs one foot would almost equal 1Kcal, but not quite. On a solid 60,000 lb total lifted workout, you'd burn just under 20Kcal from lifting.

I am sure there are other metrics, boosted metabolism, protien synthesis, etc that burn calories too, but I cant see that it would be a significant amount.

That's my take on why we don't count calories from lifting from a mechanical engineering perspective.

I like you. I like you a lot.