App for logging calories lost doing weights?

Options
Any app's with a good interface that records calories lost for different weights workouts?

Replies

• irtrail
    irtrail Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    So...one foot-pound is 0.33 calories.

A dietary calorie is actually a kilocalorie. Lifting 3000 lbs one foot would almost equal 1Kcal, but not quite. On a solid 60,000 lb total lifted workout, you'd burn just under 20Kcal from lifting.

I am sure there are other metrics, boosted metabolism, protien synthesis, etc that burn calories too, but I cant see that it would be a significant amount.

That's my take on why we don't count calories from lifting from a mechanical engineering perspective.
  • EmmaCaz4
    EmmaCaz4 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Why do you need an app to calculate cals lost in weight training?
    Just use the weight training exercise data input in the cardio section to give you a basic calorie count if you're wanting it to eat cals back or anything.

Alot of effort for nothing really calculating each exercise... you don't burn a massive amount weight lifting, you only tend to actually perform the exercise for a very short amount of time..
  • ent3rsandman
    ent3rsandman Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Nah not really. Just monitor your weight on a site like Trendweight or using Nsun's TDEE spreadsheet and adjust your intake accordingly.
  • DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    Options
    irtrail wrote: »
    So...one foot-pound is 0.33 calories.

A dietary calorie is actually a kilocalorie. Lifting 3000 lbs one foot would almost equal 1Kcal, but not quite. On a solid 60,000 lb total lifted workout, you'd burn just under 20Kcal from lifting.

I am sure there are other metrics, boosted metabolism, protien synthesis, etc that burn calories too, but I cant see that it would be a significant amount.

That's my take on why we don't count calories from lifting from a mechanical engineering perspective.

I like you. I like you a lot.