Were you happy with your shape/size when you hit goal?

Options

Replies

• BeccaLoves2lift
    BeccaLoves2lift Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I'm at my goal weight now but I think I still look fat. I'm sticking with maintenance/recomp for now. I may cut a little more in the spring....
  • MelkaBielka
    MelkaBielka Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I set a goal number when I started this last time (it's the third time for me I have gone up in weight and decided to do something about it over my life), but since trying to actively walk more and get in exercise three times a week, I'm considerably less concerned with the number on the scale. At this point, if I never get there, I'm okay with that. As long as my clothes from when I was my smallest are fitting again, as long as I feel great and feel like I am making progress, the number is becoming less important. Moreso, it's a metric I use now the same way I use body fat and total body water, it's a number and it's useful, but it's not the only metric against which I measure my progress
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Mostly happy. I'm 6# below my original goal and could stay at this weight happily. But I still have pockets of fat inside my knees, on my outer thighs and my arms are saggy at the elbows. I've been weight training since I started 2 years ago, but years of obesity took its toll. I'm going to try and lose maybe 10 more and see if it helps.
  • BNY721
    BNY721 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    @Fursian thank-you! Though I think they are now on their last life.
  • neenaexp
    neenaexp Posts: 38 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Happy!
  • bribucks
    bribucks Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I am currently 1.5 lbs away from goal (so close!) and honestly, not that happy. I am happy with some areas - I’ve lost several inches in my waist. But I carry most of my weight in my darn hips/thighs and it just refuses to budge! I will be doing recomp after I hit goal, so hopefully making the switch to weights will help.
  • dunnyflynn
    dunnyflynn Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am currently 4lbs off my goal weight. I have dropped 2stone 4lbs and I am now the slimmest than I have been in 20 years (pre children). Except for my little mummy tum that I still don't like I am happy with how I look. I actually like looking at my photos again! I having been eating sensibly using mfp and working out for the last 7 months and it has paid off. I am only 5 foot 2 and will be at the top of the BMI scale but I know that is because I have been doing weights as well as cardio and have increased my muscle mass. It has really helped having a PT too. When I get to my goal in a few weeks hopefully with continued exercise as a side a effect a few extra pounds will drop off but hopefully my mum tum will also be as little as possible.
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    hammycakes wrote: »
    Just wondering how many folks reached their weight goal and stayed there (approximately) or did you want to get smaller?

My initial goal was 115 lb (BMI 24, so high end of normal range). I'm there now, aiming to lose probably another ~10 lbs. Still more fat covering my arm muscles and abs than I would like, and still way too much fat on my thighs and calves. I'm not in a rush (I figure the more calories, the more muscle from the weight training anyway).