Were you happy with your shape/size when you hit goal?

Options
Just wondering how many folks reached their weight goal and stayed there (approximately) or did you want to get smaller?

Replies

• sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    I was happy when I got to goal as that meant I had lost the fat I had kept hold of for 20 years but I was also disappointed that I didn't look a bit better.
    So nibbled off a few extra pounds in a series of steps of slow loss, then maintenance and re-assessment over an extended period of time.
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    I was indeed very happy. Heck, once I reached a number in the top of the BMI range for my height, I was happy then too. I just wanted to be a little slimmer and settled for a ~20 BMI.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I didn't have a particular number as a goal. From an aesthetics standpoint, I went to maintenance when I was about 15% BF give or take as I'm lean, but not super lean and I look healthy and fit. Weight training was pretty instrumental in giving me the physique I was going for...I thought I was going to have to lose quite a bit more weight than I actually did to get the physique I was looking for...had I not lifted I would have never achieved the physique I was looking for regardless of how much weight I lost.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    Happy. :)
  • hammycakes
    hammycakes Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    thanks for all the input- I have been lifting around 5 years now (on and off, a bit less since I have been finishing school the past 2 years), but wasn't able to figure out the diet part until recently. I'll be interested to see what's under there! Aiming for the high end of my BMI at 140 lbs but it seems crazy since that's close to how much my 17 year old weighs and we are the same height.
  • rachelspears94
    rachelspears94 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I was not happy when I reached my goal. I am now working on toning the rough areas
  • AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I was happy, had been at this weight years ago and remembered how well it fit me.
  • ccsernica
    ccsernica Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    General shape and size? Yes. Loose skin around my middle? Not so much.
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    I was pretty happy. I picked a realistic target and felt great to get there. I got a little lower too which was nice, it gave me a little window to play with.