Detox Drinks

Options

Replies

• toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    What are you trying to detox from? You say you think it's working? Can you elaborate? What's it doing for you? How is it working?

Sorry for the long string of questions. I'm very curious about your thinking on this.

No I like the questions, so I'm detoxing just help me feel feel better and I'm using it a lot to hydrate myself, other than the tea in the morning I'm drinking detox water like currently it's lemon mint leaves cucumber and water and I drink 8 oz every night before bed. I've noticed that it's helping me my skin is looking a lot better and I really haven't done anything special for a month-and-a-half but every weigh in I've lost a pound.

I would say with a very educated guess that your skin has nothing to do with the "tea" and everything to do with the water

Agreed! Drinking more water can absolutely make your skin look more plump and radiant.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    jaci66 wrote: »
    So I'm trying a detox diet, every morning I start with a detox tea, and every night before bed I have a detox water. I'm trying a new detox water and tea every week and I really feel like it's working. Does anyone else want to join me on my journey of detox thing?

Nope. They're just a waste of money. If you want to detox, eat right - little to no processed, junk or fast food - and drink plenty of water and get walking.

Fixed...
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Drinking tea in the morning -- some "detox" teas are tasty (and have basically the same ingredients as other teas) and those are great if you enjoy them. They might even result in a lower appetite (coffee does for me a bit), especially if you were eating as a routine and can replace that to some extent as tea. (Sadly, some detox teas are laxatives and I would stay FAR away from those.)

Drinking more water -- I don't understand how this happens, as I've always been someone who drinks water all day long, but some people will not drink much during the day, so it also could be helping with appetite and seems like it's good for you to have more water than you were getting (the skin). Infused waters (which is what you are consuming) are tasty, although they don't "detox" anything.

The current dieting scam about detoxing is awful and I think people no longer understand what the word "detox" means in many cases. They think "detoxing" means helping you go to the bathroom or adding hydration or nutrients or who knows, maybe weight loss.

That said, while what you are doing has 0 to do with detoxing, OP, it sounds like you are doing reasonable, and for you helpful, things, so go for it.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    dfein001 wrote: »
    joemac1988 wrote: »
    leggup wrote: »
    Waste of money. Placebo effect, if that. You won't lose weight (fat). If you lose anything, it will be poop!

Pooping IS kinda fun though...

Not after laxatives.....

Edit....not after laxatives you don't need.

Just have a big tall glass of orange juice after fasting for 24 hours- you will have a very satisfying bowel movement.

Somehow I doubt the "satisfying" part...
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Please tell me. What exact “toxins” are being removed from your body. I would like the names and studies showing pre and post detox toxicity levels in your body. Where’s the proof? Why not call that company and ask them which toxins precisely, they will not have a definitive answer. It’s *kitten*. You’re wasting your money. Count your calories and stop looking for short cuts.
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    still waiting on the list of toxins that OP is detoxifying from....