Why I left Weight Watchers new "Freestyle" Program

Options

Replies

• wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    (am I the only one who wishes for the ability to bitchslap someone through the TV every time she shows up onscreen?)

I don't like the Oprah Weight Watchers commercials they annoy me like just about every other commercial. But I really have no desire to *kitten* slap her.... "Mute button " is about as strong a reaction you'll get from me

• 1houndgal
    1houndgal Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking of quitting. I've been struggling since the start of Freestyle. I really don't understand why they would change a program that was working for so many people to a program that I just found out only had 152 participants in the study. I started WW April 1, 2017. I've lost ~70lbs since then. This is the longest I've ever given any type of weight loss effort. I go to meetings and love the accountability. However, I hate Freestyle.

I still weigh 275lbs, so I have a long way to go and I've really amped my workouts (HITT/strength training 4-5x a week). I knew the right amount of points to eat to make sure I was properly fueled and now I don't. I'm sitting here thinking of all the ways I should play with my points but then it starts to make me angry. I'm paying $44 a month because I thought points were easier than counting calories but now when I have to decided how many points I should eat this day and if I should eat more or less and ugh. I got little commentary on my frustrations on Connect and at meetings they just keep telling you to try until you find something that works. The meetings are also starting to annoy me because anytime we get started talking about things to help us mentally to lose weight, it just quickly turns into how to use the instant pot and air fryer. I didn't come here for that. Sorry to vent. Just extremely frustrated and I don't want to lose my momentum.

I loved the momentum program. Had to quit WW when WW started the "free food" scam.
  • Kst76
    Kst76 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I cant open link...:
    Is cheese and wine in that list?
  • io8785a
    io8785a Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy I found this post! Dropping from 30 points to 23 points had my anxiety spiking. I'm so happy I'm back on MFP. And saving $20/month is another added. Onus.
  • gibbsgirl76693
    gibbsgirl76693 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Xkmaf2018X wrote: »
    I also left WW's a few weeks back as I was always hungry and one day out of curiosity I worked out the calories of what I'd eaten...I was on 23 SP per day and despite one day going "Over" my daily SP by 6 I had actually only eaten 903 calories which I felt was my time to say goodbye....This was on a day too where I had worked out for one hour so going over by 6 sp but actually only having 903 calories was so not healthy....Then I was told Fitpoints weren't there to eat...

I gave up in the end.

This is exactly why I came back to MFP. I lost about 17lbs on smart points and kind of fell off the wagon when freestyle rolled out. The other day I tracked on here what I had tracked on WW, and even though I was over in points, I still had like 400+ calories left on here. So, giving MFP another try!
  • goodreadsgal
    goodreadsgal Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I too came back to MFP from WW the new program is horrible. I wonder if they will admit it? It became too restrictive. Unless you want to live on chicken breast. Ground turkey or plain ff Greek yogurt this program will never fly
  • healthy2700mfp
    healthy2700mfp Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I left last week even though I had 3 weeks left on my term I couldn’t take all the talk about their products in their meetings full of chemicals and people buying them and wondering why they were not losing weight.

I was undereating by 300 calories and my weight loss was only 1/4 lb
  • Meggie43
    Meggie43 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Im completely confused but I agree . I just joined for 3 months but Im over my points by 11 in the morning lol. Im not over my calories on mfp. Its because Im allowed 24 points a day and my coffee from Tims is 12 points lol...but only 195 calories. Help lol lol
  • healthy2700mfp
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    I left last week even though I had 3 weeks left on my term I couldn’t take all the talk about their products in their meetings full of chemicals and people buying them and wondering why they were not losing weight.

I was undereating by 300 calories and my weight loss was only 1/4 lb

Eating those "chemical" ladened products aren't the reason those people weren't losing weight.

• healthy2700mfp
    Options
    People tend to overeat these foods because they are not satisfying thus over eating consuming too many calories
  • JaxxieKat
    JaxxieKat Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I loved Points Plus. I lost my first 50lbs doing that program. Then they changed to Smart Points, or something like that, and started pushing protein and raised the point values of more carb dense foods. Being vegan that meant that my tofu was l lower in points, but a sweet potato would take up nearly a fourth of my day's points.

I also hated the online community once Points Plus was phased out. Lots of lifetimers talking down to other members about the point values of overnight oats or mejool dates.