Why I left Weight Watchers new "Freestyle" Program

Options
1121314151618»

Replies

• ata1anta
    ata1anta Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm a dual MFP and WW person. I did awesome on Smart Points, lost 50 lb in my first 6 mos. Then came Freestyle and I freestyled myself to a stall. A year later and I've only lost another 30 lbs (I know, I know). I signed up with MFP end of September when a fitness coach suggested I should probably add more protein to my diet. I needed the stats to track my macros and see where I was.

Since then, I've upped my protein intake (a regular snack is now 3oz FF yogurt and a scoop of protein powder - it makes a paste about the consistency of cookie dough. I don't like protein shakes) and can see better where the points/calories are going.

I don't plan on leaving WW, I really like the leader and the group I'm in. They're really welcoming and make a point of trying to make new people welcome. A very large gentleman joined and we all welcomed him. Our leader doesn't talk about recipes or cooking methods (she doesn't cook) so we focus on other things. I like the accountability of someone ELSE recording my weight (though I do have a bluetooth scale at home that links to MFP so "technically" I can have accountability there) and the "rah rah" when a milestone is hit.

My BF does most of the cooking and after listening to me say how many points thus and so is, talks about food in points terms.

158755561.png
  • WillowRunning
    WillowRunning Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    So far today I've eaten over 300 calories in "free foods." And it's only lunchtime. Yeah, I don't see this working out very well.

Exactly what I found! While I ate what WW was telling me were "zero point foods" and I ate things like brown rice, a ton of fruit, corn, peas, etc., I wasn't losing any weight. When I switched to MFP and started looking at the calorie counts and skipping a lot of the "zeros" and replacing them with protein, I started dropping pounds.
  • dgrano55
    dgrano55 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I lost 35 lbs on weight watchers 4 years ago but unfortunately the weight crept back on so decided to join WW again. I do not like freestyle and I have gained 2 lbs in 2 weeks. I only joined the online for 3 months and I will not be renewing.
  • coolcoolman1980
    coolcoolman1980 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I have done WW recently too & I do lose on it but I find it too restricting .. they say you can eat what you like & use the points .. but I always end up back on MFP . My only danger with mfp is that bad foods creep back in because I can eat them as part of calories ... really trying to eat more fruit & have more sensible dinners though.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    What are these "bad" foods you speak of?
  • Alliesmom08
    Alliesmom08 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just know I ate some normal Yoplait Light Strawberry yogurt for the first time in awhile. On WW I would eat fat free plain yogurt and sweeten it myself to save points. I haven’t had flavored yogurt in forever.