Fasting and Bodyduilding with God

Options
:D Happy New Year, does anyone have any ideas on how I should fast while still body building. I wanted to do Daniel Fast or liquids only, yet I am on a 6-7 day per week body building cycle until at least March. I workout very heavy sometimes twice per day. Any suggestions?

In Christ,

Tee

Replies

• RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    What benefits do you think the fast is going to give you?
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    Fasting is only one way of becoming more spiritually attuned. You can meditate. You don't need to fast.
  • 357TJ
    357TJ Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am familiar with fasting, it's something I do with my church yearly (not looking for health benefits) I wanted to JOIN my church fast AND maintain my current workout schedule.
  • 357TJ
    Options
    I will try sugar/caffeine maybe
  • 357TJ
    Options
    Thx for the great feedback
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    If you’re going to do it once, it’s not a concern. If you want to fast regularly, I would reassess your plans.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Fasting helps to gain muscles as it increases HGH levels.. if u spend a day in a week on full fasting .. just have green tea & black coffee... and obviously it is great way to communion with GOD

Entire post is subjectively false.

One gains muscles with adequate stress to the muscle, protien and leucine intake, and enough calories for muscle synthesis to take place.

There is no data of a tea, coffee, or a god that made muscles grow otherwise.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    I had to Google what a Daniel Fast was, since it's not my thing.

All I can offer is that Lyle McDonald has authored several protocols involving modified fasting and calorie restriction. In each of those, he includes very specific workout regimens - in which volume and intensity is severely reduced to minimize catabolism and help cope with the lack of nutrients/energy to support a heavy work load.

Food for thought.
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Apparently not. But since the point of a fast is to sacrifice your wants and needs for Him, then maybe you need to decide which is more important. The prayer fast, or improving the Body temple. Either way has it's pros and cons of bringing you closer to the Lord. If the bodybuilding is for health and not pride and vanity, it is probably better to not break the plan, and use that process to worship. If the bodybuilding IS more about vanity and pride, then taking a Fast might be more meaningful. Only you and God can know which option is best for your particular circumstances.
  • 357TJ
    Options
    Ok tjx
  • 357TJ
    Options
    Thx