How often should you go to the gym?

Options
2»

Replies

• Will2DoIt81
    Will2DoIt81 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Different routines are going to call for different amounts of days 3-5 days. Don’t get caught up on what days to workout as much as getting all the days in for the “week” (just be sure to rest at least a day before starting the next week. Try to get 3 or 4 routines. Do each routine for 6 weeks and go to the next one.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    NadNight wrote: »
    I swim 2 or 3 times a week but have a gym membership and want to use the weights there. Currently I'm very eager and look forward to going (I hope this attitude will last!) but I'm unsure how long to rest in between sessions to ensure my muscles recover. I've been going every 2 to 3 days but don't know if this is correct and don't want to over do it

For one, I would recommend following an established program...it will tell you how many days to go, what exercises to do on a given day, etc.

Full body programs IMO are best for beginners and appropriate for most people in general outside of body building...full body programs are typically 3x per week on non consecutive days.

Splits are typically 4+ days per week. IMO, the volume is inappropriate for a beginner.