Carb suggestions

Options

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    B&J ice cream !
    how are blowies going to help in this situation?
  • KaduParga
    KaduParga Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    KaduParga wrote: »
    usmcmp wrote: »
    My suggestion...eat them. But seriously, with that many calories how easy do you find it to hit your carb totals?

If it's easy you can eat whatever you want, if it's hard stick to the calorific foods (many good suggestions already) such as

White bread and pastas
    white rice
    ice cream
    fruit juices
    chocolate

Oh, and don't discount the sour patch kids and other gummies for workout energy if you need it. It breaks down very quickly to glucose and is a great for fueling workouts.

If you are using a carb powder from the supplement stores ditch that and go for dextrose monohydrate, aka d-glucose, at your bulk store for a lot less money. It's usually sold as corn sugar. It's also available for next to nothing at wine kit stores.

I am trying eat as clean as possible. Thank you for you tips. It will be helpful

Why are you trying to eat 4,000 clean calories? You don't get extra credit for exceeding your vitamin and mineral needs. Fat gains are relative to your surplus, not how clean you eat.
    My suggestion...eat them. But seriously, with that many calories how easy do you find it to hit your carb totals?

If it's easy you can eat whatever you want, if it's hard stick to the calorific foods (many good suggestions already) such as

White bread and pastas
    white rice
    ice cream
    fruit juices
    chocolate

Oh, and don't discount the sour patch kids and other gummies for workout energy if you need it. It breaks down very quickly to glucose and is a great for fueling workouts.

If you are using a carb powder from the supplement stores ditch that and go for dextrose monohydrate, aka d-glucose, at your bulk store for a lot less money. It's usually sold as corn sugar. It's also available for next to nothing at wine kit stores.

I am trying eat as clean as possible. Thank you for you tips. It will be helpful

Why are you trying to eat 4,000 clean calories? You don't get extra credit for exceeding your vitamin and mineral needs. Fat gains are relative to your surplus, not how clean you eat.

White bread and pastas
    white rice
    ice cream
    fruit juices
    chocolate

Because I want avoid chemicals and artificials.
    If you have the time to make some high carb sweets like cake, that would help in avoiding foods with artificial ingredients.

White bread and pastas
    white rice
    ice cream
    fruit juices
    chocolate

White bread and pastas
    white rice
    ice cream
    fruit juices
    chocolate

White bread and pastas
    white rice
    ice cream
    fruit juices
    chocolate

If you have the time to make some high carb sweets like cake, that would help in avoiding foods with artificial ingredients.

That is a good a idea.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options

White bread and pastas
    white rice
    ice cream
    fruit juices
    chocolate

White bread and pastas
    white rice
    ice cream
    fruit juices
    chocolate

White bread and pastas
    white rice
    ice cream
    fruit juices
    chocolate

Absolutely everything you eat is a chemical. Everything. As for artificial ingredients, go actually look at what they are and what they do. The majority are not remotely harmful and present in tiny doses. Seek to learn and not feed into the fear mongering orthorexics and holistic quacks push.

White bread and pastas
    white rice
    ice cream
    fruit juices
    chocolate

White bread and pastas
    white rice
    ice cream
    fruit juices
    chocolate

White bread and pastas
    white rice
    ice cream
    fruit juices
    chocolate

Absolutely everything you eat is a chemical. Everything. As for artificial ingredients, go actually look at what they are and what they do. The majority are not remotely harmful and present in tiny doses. Seek to learn and not feed into the fear mongering orthorexics and holistic quacks push.

No. Almost all what I eat is organic. So I keep trying avoid chemicals.

Do you drink water?
  • se015
    se015 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    What suggestions do you have for carbs? I am eating 4000-4500 kcal daily and about 500g-550g of carbs. I eat much food as I can but sometimes is hard to reach because I don’t have so much time to eating. I drink pos workout apple juice and acai juice.
    I am not worried about gain some fat now.
    My weight is 220lb and I want to get back to my 235-240lb

I honestly don't know how you can get in 4,000-4,500 calories a day I have so much difficulty getting in 3,500 it's actually painful for me lol. I use a mass gainer to help with calories in liquid form, I know mass gainers have a bad rep, but I pick some that are low in sugar and high in protein and complex carbs.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options

White bread and pastas
    white rice
    ice cream
    fruit juices
    chocolate

White bread and pastas
    white rice
    ice cream
    fruit juices
    chocolate

White bread and pastas
    white rice
    ice cream
    fruit juices
    chocolate

White bread and pastas
    white rice
    ice cream
    fruit juices
    chocolate

White bread and pastas
    white rice
    ice cream
    fruit juices
    chocolate

White bread and pastas
    white rice
    ice cream
    fruit juices
    chocolate

I think you kinda missed the point.

They always do because brain brainwashing is chemical free.
  • Davidsdottir
    Davidsdottir Posts: 1,285 Member
    Options
    Seth1825 wrote: »
    What suggestions do you have for carbs? I am eating 4000-4500 kcal daily and about 500g-550g of carbs. I eat much food as I can but sometimes is hard to reach because I don’t have so much time to eating. I drink pos workout apple juice and acai juice.

I honestly don't know how you can get in 4,000-4,500 calories a day I have so much difficulty getting in 3,500 it's actually painful for me lol. I use a mass gainer to help with calories in liquid form, I know mass gainers have a bad rep, but I pick some that are low in sugar and high in protein and complex carbs.

For real? I had 3500 cals yesterday and could've easily kept going LOL
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    edited February 2018
    Options

I am pretty sure i had a 3500 calorie dinner.. Flemming's lamb chops, sliced steak with rosota, half of loaf of bread with butter, half a loaded baked potato and some carrot cake. And then came home and had some gummy bears, lol.
  • se015
    Options

haha not me! I wish!
  • se015
    Options
    psuLemon wrote: »

I am pretty sure i had a 3500 calorie dinner.. Flemming's lamb chops, sliced steak with rosota, half of loaf of bread with butter, half a loaded baked potato and some carrot cake. And then came home and had some gummy bears, lol.

All of that sounds so good! However, my stomach would explode lol
  • ForecasterJason
    ForecasterJason Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options

All of that sounds so good! However, my stomach would explode lol
    Lol, mine would too.

• Cassie7136
    Cassie7136 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    One word...cereal.
  • KaduParga
    Options

White bread and pastas
    white rice
    ice cream
    fruit juices
    chocolate

White bread and pastas
    white rice
    ice cream
    fruit juices
    chocolate

White bread and pastas
    white rice
    ice cream
    fruit juices
    chocolate

White bread and pastas
    white rice
    ice cream
    fruit juices
    chocolate

White bread and pastas
    white rice
    ice cream
    fruit juices
    chocolate

White bread and pastas
    white rice
    ice cream
    fruit juices
    chocolate

Do you drink water?

White bread and pastas
    white rice
    ice cream
    fruit juices
    chocolate

White bread and pastas
    white rice
    ice cream
    fruit juices
    chocolate

White bread and pastas
    white rice
    ice cream
    fruit juices
    chocolate

White bread and pastas
    white rice
    ice cream
    fruit juices
    chocolate

White bread and pastas
    white rice
    ice cream
    fruit juices
    chocolate

White bread and pastas
    white rice
    ice cream
    fruit juices
    chocolate

Do you drink water?

Yes I do!

I am having a lot of pasta, banana, chicken, ground beef, eggs, bread, rice, apple juice, granola, oat meal.

I got 15lb in 6 weeks.
    It is hard but it’s worth
  • Treece68
    Treece68 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Make mashed potatoes with butter cream and cheese
  • Davidsdottir
    Davidsdottir Posts: 1,285 Member
    Options

White bread and pastas
    white rice
    ice cream
    fruit juices
    chocolate

White bread and pastas
    white rice
    ice cream
    fruit juices
    chocolate

White bread and pastas
    white rice
    ice cream
    fruit juices
    chocolate

White bread and pastas
    white rice
    ice cream
    fruit juices
    chocolate

White bread and pastas
    white rice
    ice cream
    fruit juices
    chocolate

White bread and pastas
    white rice
    ice cream
    fruit juices
    chocolate

Do you drink water?

White bread and pastas
    white rice
    ice cream
    fruit juices
    chocolate

White bread and pastas
    white rice
    ice cream
    fruit juices
    chocolate

White bread and pastas
    white rice
    ice cream
    fruit juices
    chocolate

White bread and pastas
    white rice
    ice cream
    fruit juices
    chocolate

White bread and pastas
    white rice
    ice cream
    fruit juices
    chocolate

White bread and pastas
    white rice
    ice cream
    fruit juices
    chocolate

Do you drink water?

Yes I do!

I am having a lot of pasta, banana, chicken, ground beef, eggs, bread, rice, apple juice, granola, oat meal.

I got 15lb in 6 weeks.
    It is hard but it’s worth

Why are you gaining 15 lbs in 6 weeks?!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options

Maybe he wants to gain a lot of fat?
  • KaduParga
    Options

Maybe he wants to gain a lot of fat?

My weight was 235lb with bf 7% a year ago. Now I am 230lb bf 14%. I gain some fat but not a lot.