I'm just here for the free food ;)
  • jaden91
    jaden91 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    lol
  • jaden91
    Options
    any tips for gaining weight other than eat more food haha. i need a high calorie lunch meal that dosent take to much effort to make or cost to much lol
  • Valcast4444
    Valcast4444 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    The only thing that has helped me thus far are the ensure plus and boost plus shakes but i drink like 3 a day. I get the generic version at walmart dince its alot cheaper and tastes better imo.
  • jaden91
    Options
    oh yeah nice that will work. thank you :)
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    This thread should help

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10326769/are-you-a-hard-gainer-please-read/p1

As for lunch I usually do a high cal smoothie (chocolate milk, peanut butter, whey, fruit, etc) or you can meal prep pasta, noodles or rice with a cream sauce/coconut milk with meat. Or taco bowls with lots of cheese, guacamole and tortillas on the side. Homemade hamburgers with cheese, avocado, mayo, etc.
  • Davidsdottir
    Davidsdottir Posts: 1,285 Member
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    This thread should help

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10326769/are-you-a-hard-gainer-please-read/p1

As for lunch I usually do a high cal smoothie (chocolate milk, peanut butter, whey, fruit, etc) or you can meal prep pasta, noodles or rice with a cream sauce/coconut milk with meat. Or taco bowls with lots of cheese, guacamole and tortillas on the side. Homemade hamburgers with cheese, avocado, mayo, etc.

Girl, you're making me hungry! Then again, even at 2700 cals, I'm still always hungry LOL
  • Lean59man
    Lean59man Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    jaden91 wrote: »
    any one here trying to gain weight?

Heading of forum category:

"Gaining weight..."
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    This thread should help

Girl, you're making me hungry! Then again, even at 2700 cals, I'm still always hungry LOL

You can definitely make that fit your cals for sure, a little less cheese, guac, use leaner meats, one tortilla, some lettuce wraps, bulk up the taco bowls with veggies. Burgers I use extra lean beef and put BBQ sauce in the mix to make it juicy and tastes awesome.
  • Davidsdottir
    Options
    This thread should help

You can definitely make that fit your cals for sure, a little less cheese, guac, use leaner meats, one tortilla, some lettuce wraps, bulk up the taco bowls with veggies. Burgers I use extra lean beef and put BBQ sauce in the mix to make it juicy and tastes awesome.

Oh, believe me, I do ;)
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    The only thing that has helped me thus far are the ensure plus and boost plus shakes but i drink like 3 a day. I get the generic version at walmart dince its alot cheaper and tastes better imo.

That's a lot of meal supplement shakes; why not just eat food?
  • se015
    se015 Posts: 583 Member
    Options

Not everyone can eat 3-4,000 calories of all food, some people like myself need liquid calories to make it easier to supplement the calories hence the word supplements.
  • se015
    se015 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    jaden91 wrote: »
    any tips for gaining weight other than eat more food haha. i need a high calorie lunch meal that dosent take to much effort to make or cost to much lol

I have difficulties too, like others have said, I use ON Pro Gainer and take a half of a serving twice a day to supplement my food intake for additional calories, I also have a regular Whey protein shake (after work outs, which I recommend to most people here to do), and a Casein shake at night close to bed at least that works for me I know some people don't do well eating before bed, but the Casein is slow digesting protein that will help muscle recovery while you're sleeping. As a food alternative to Casein shakes, Cottage Cheese is perfect too. Peanut Butter is one of my good friends during bulking phases it's got lots of fat, some protein, and a little carbs too. Simply one tbsp. of PB is 95 calories, so 3 tbsp is 285 kcal. At work I don't have time to feast on steak, chicken, and rice and I'm also a bit lazy when it comes to meal prepping so for my work day, I'll make 3 eggs, a PB and J sandwich, bring 2 nature valley protein chewy bars (so good, highly recommend), and a meal shake (Pro gainer). Then I'll come home have a bowl of shredded wheat in whole milk, and then in an hour I'll work out, then have post work out whey shake with a banana that's about 250 kcal right there alone, then feast on dinner with actual food, and later have some more PB and a Casein shake. This is what works for me, not saying this is the best way or good for others. I've struggled to get calories in, as some of us on this thread have discussed amongst ourselves before lol. If you have any other questions feel free to PM me. Good luck! Eat (nutrition), sleep, hydrate! Lifting is 25%, the other 3 are 75%.
  • Wheelhouse15
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Seth1825 wrote: »

Not everyone can eat 3-4,000 calories of all food, some people like myself need liquid calories to make it easier to supplement the calories hence the word supplements.

I don't remember anyone saying she was eating 3K calories but I might have missed that part. You can still do it with out going to meal replacements with smoothies etc. I never found anything below 4K particularly challenging and 3K is pretty normal for me.

Frankly, of all the supplements gainers are probably the biggest rip off.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,977 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    GOMAD.

A gallon of whole milk is about 2300 cals and costs about $3 - less than a latte at Starbucks.

Just drink some throughout the day until you consume the entire jug and you'll gain weight (and fat) quick.
  • Lean59man
    Lean59man Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Tips on gaining weight for the hard gainer?

Junk it up. Lots of whole milk, ice cream, breads, cakes, meat, potatoes, dressings, butter, etc.

If you are really a hard gainer you don't have to watch your diet AT ALL.

You can eat anything and everything and you need to in order to gain weight.

Combine this with a basic full-body bodybuilding routine and you can succeed.

Here's a routine for gaining weight.
    Do it 3 days a week.
    If you are new to training, do only 1 set the first week, add a set each week thereafter until you get 3 sets.
    Add weight whenever you get all 3 sets with the higher reps.
    Don't quit, don't miss workouts, don't miss meals.
    Give it 6 months of hard training and BIG eating.

Warm up with a plank or two.
    Barbell squats 3 work sets of 8-12
    Standing calf raises 3 sets of 12-15
    Bench press 3 work sets of 8-12
    Barbell rows 3 work sets of 8-12
    Standing presses 3 work sets of 8-12
    Barbell curls 3 work sets of 8-12

Then go home and EAT!

EAT a lot even of days you don't train.
  • Davidsdottir
    Options
    sgt1372 wrote: »
    GOMAD.

A gallon of whole milk is about 2300 cals and costs about $3 - less than a latte at Starbucks.

Just drink some throughout the day until you consume the entire jug and you'll gain weight (and fat) quick.

I WISH milk was that cheap where I live!
  • Wheelhouse15
    edited March 2018
    Options
    sgt1372 wrote: »
    GOMAD.

It's pretty expensive in Canada and it works but I would hardly recommend it unless you tolerate milk really well and don't mind the high fat gain, as you mentioned.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Lean59man wrote: »

Junk it up. Lots of whole milk, ice cream, breads, cakes, meat, potatoes, dressings, butter, etc.

Do it 3 days a week.
    If you are new to training, do only 1 set the first week, add a set each week thereafter until you get 3 sets.

Then go home and EAT!

If I allow myself ad libitum access to ALL the foods, I can easily put away 4000-5000 calories/day. I don't care how much I lift, I'd be a fat toad within a month.

You can only gain so much muscle - the rest is going to be fat.

If the intended message is that you can eat whatever you want when bulking, I agree. If the message is that you can eat as much as you want of whatever you want when bulking, I disagree unless the goal includes a lot of fat gain, or unless one is using some pharmaceutical 'assistance'.
  • Davidsdottir
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    Lean59man wrote: »

Do it 3 days a week.

Then go home and EAT!

If I allow myself ad libitum access to ALL the foods, I can easily put away 4000-5000 calories/day. I don't care how much I lift, I'd be a fat toad within a month.

You can only gain so much muscle - the rest is going to be fat.

If the intended message is that you can eat whatever you want when bulking, I agree. If the message is that you can eat as much as you want of whatever you want when bulking, I disagree unless the goal includes a lot of fat gain, or unless one is using some pharmaceutical 'assistance'.

Mmmm... I'd love to eat 5k a day!!!