What are your short term/long term goals?

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,843 Member
    Options
    jlklem wrote: »
    Ride my bike 400 miles in 24 hours...

Do you have an event in mind?
  • Okiludy
    Okiludy Posts: 558 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Short term: Run a few cycles of prioritizing standing overhead press and see if I can get it to 225+

Long term: Pull 6 plates and hit 1200 total by January. Edit: oh and press my body weight.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Short term I have 2 30k trail races to train for in the next 3 months.

Long term, just keep improving
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,977 Member
    Options
    I have already achieved all of my weight loss, BF and strength goals at 156# down from 196#, less than 10% BF (based on hydro) and strength at 98-99% as compared w/others my age/weight (based on the Strength Levels database).

So, my short and long term goals are the same: just maintain these achievements accomplished over the past 22 months by continuing to control my diet and exercising and lifting appropriately to do do.
  • fitblonde88
    fitblonde88 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I want to be able to run 30 minutes without stopping! And eventually complete a 10k
  • DamienAngelica
    DamienAngelica Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Short-term: Continue my strength training routine and my yoga practice.
    Long-term: A squat booty and the ability to do Kurmasana (tortoise pose).
  • genchiyu
    genchiyu Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Short term: fix my bed every morning, focus on breathing while doing cardio
    Long term: lose 40 lbs to get to 110
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Short Term Goals - get up to 250 Heavy KB Swings (for me heavy for now is 25 kg/53 lbs) along with my harder rowing/lifting days. When I say "heavy" lifting, with rowing that's not much to some -- mostly dumbbell work, KB work and loads of pushups. Also for short term, break 39 minutes on the 10K row in a C2. Also, break 19:00 on the 5K.

Long Term Goals - Break 15K meters in an hour rowing, be able to hold 200 Watts for an hour plus (kind of like the runner version of holding sub 6 miles for an hour). Place top five at the Crash-Bs in Boston (the Boston Marathon of Indoor Rowing) for my age group at 55. Perhaps do World's too the same year, shooting for top 10 in my age group. If I rowed this year (at the Crash-Bs), I would have placed 8th out of around 30 or so, I think, so I have some work to do. At World's, I would have barely been in the top half so more work to do there for sure!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

My yoga instructor just showed us this the other day. I was in AWE!
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    Short term goal- to be better today than I was two days ago.
    Long term- to be better next year than I am now.
  • DamienAngelica
    Options

My yoga instructor just showed us this the other day. I was in AWE!

I can imagine! It's such an amazing pose. I've never seen it in person, sadly, only in videos.
  • sgt1372
    Options
    Just looked at a pic of the Tortoise Pose.

LOL!

Should call it the Pretzel Pose. Only women pictured doing it. A few men maybe could but they'd be the rare exception.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    sgt1372 wrote: »

LOL!

Should call it the Pretzel Pose. Only women pictured doing it. A few men maybe could but they'd be the rare exception.

Doesn't look that hard
  • sgt1372
    edited March 2018
    Options

LOL!

Should call it the Pretzel Pose. Only zwomen pictured doing it. A few men maybe could but they'd be the rare exception.

Doesn't look that hard

Seriously?

This is what it looks like:

https://i.vimeocdn.com/video/495528014.jpg?mw=700&mh=395

If you can do that, post a pic of yourself doing it and we'll all applaud you. :)

• MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    Short term, I've got my first Road Marathon at the beginning of June. It's going to be marathon #14 for me, but first road. So my main objective is to finish that. I've got a trail marathon two weeks later so need to be fit for that.

Medium term I've got my eye on a 50 miler. I've got a couple in mind that I'd like to try; Liverpool to Manchester

Longer term I'd like to do the South Downs Way, the CCC and the TDS
  • NadNight
    NadNight Posts: 794 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I'm working towards being able to run a 5K without stopping by the end of the year. I'm also aiming to reduce the added sugar in my diet and try more new sports or fitness activities where I can to mix it up and keep things interesting.

Longer term I'd like to be able to do a 10K or even half marathon. I was up in the Highlands recently to hike and we were based in Fort William and there was an event going to called 'Runduro' which is like an 21K endurance running race (hence the name) but in different terrains round Nevis Range. It looks really cool and I'd love to be fit enough to do it. It's also in February so I need to get acclimatised to running in minus degrees!
  • DamienAngelica
    edited March 2018
    Options

LOL!

Doesn't look that hard

For those curious about the pose:
    qd5ial5b3xda.jpg

I can rest my head on the floor in a wide-legged forward fold, but it's that's very flat back and shoulders/chest on the floor that will take some time to work up to.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,843 Member
    Options
    Djproulx wrote: »

LOL!

Doesn't look that hard

For those curious about the pose:
    qd5ial5b3xda.jpg

I can rest my head on the floor in a wide-legged forward fold, but it's that's very flat back and shoulders/chest on the floor that will take some time to work up to.

I suffered both a lower back and a rotator cuff injury just looking at that picture....

Me too!!

I can absolutely guarantee that I will never ever do that ... not without surgery or serious injury.

I'd be happy to be able to lean forward and get my outstretched fingers somewhere in the vicinity of my ankles. I'll never touch my toes either, but reaching beyond mid-shin might be nice.