P90X3 - Who's with me?!

Options
So I finished T25 a few months back and was extremely happy with my results. I had an "accountability" thread going that I logged each day and I want to continue that through my journey with P90X3. I feel it was a huge help for me and it was great getting all of the encouragement and encouraging others!. So tomorrow will be my official Day 1 of the program.

Who's with me? Anyone else stating tomorrow (or anytime) and want to join in to keep each other motivated? I look forward to another great program and can only hope for similar results to T25 as I was very happy with that.

Let's do this!! :happy:

Replies

• faithfirst
    faithfirst Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Im starting my second month of the first p90X tomorrow.... absolutely love it! Im in for support :-)
  • stangirl1995
    stangirl1995 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I just started on Thursday because I ate way too much over Christmas LOL. I think you will get even better results with P90X3. Most of the people I have talked to have done T25 also including myself. Everyday with P90X3 so far feels like a totally different workout. I even like yoga and I usually get bored with yoga!
  • mumx5
    mumx5 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I'm also planning on starting tomorrow.

FR sent!
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Planning on starting that in 4-5 weeks after I wrap up insanity. Friend request sent:)
  • sweetpickles6
    sweetpickles6 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm finishing up my 2nd week of PX3 tomorrow! It's been an amazing experience so far and I'll agree every workout has been completely different from the previous day. I can't imagine getting bored. I've already started to see some results.

FR sent
  • Butrovich
    Butrovich Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I've been looking all over MFP for an active* P90X3 group to join for support. I am on Day 5 and am not disappointed with any of the workouts so far.

Mike
  • Just_Scott
    Just_Scott Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Tammy_Christopher
    Tammy_Christopher Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Awesome to see so many others are starting or already started. I am so excited to start this and look forward to supporting everyone else along the way also :)
  • Just_Scott
    Just_Scott Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    Has anybody placed the calories per workout in the MFP system yet? Feel free since I'll need it :)
  • Butrovich
    Options
    Has anybody placed the calories per workout in the MFP system yet? Feel free since I'll need it :)

Not sure how accurate this is, but my heart rate monitor indicated I burned the following:

Total Synergistics - 436
    Agility X - 602
    The Challenge - 390
    CVX - 520
    Warrior - 475

Hope this helps.

Completed the Warrior this afternoon. The workout incorporates a lot of cardio mixed with pushups and core work. I always love pushups, so that was a bonus for me, even if I am still a little sore from the Challenge workout. The cardio portion involved a lot of leg work, which I had to ease into since my hamstrings are still a little sore from Agility X. I don’t know why this is so, but my hamstrings take forEVER to heal! Maybe I need to use the foam roller more often or immediately after a leg workout. Either way, my hamstrings are my slowest muscles to heal.

Mike
  • faithfirst
    faithfirst Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Thanks Mike! Very helpful :-).... looking forward to this group!
  • Tammy_Christopher
    Tammy_Christopher Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    So today was Week 1 Day 1 for me, Total Synergistics. I have to say coming from T25 I am used to a quicker pace and not all those little breaks. I know this are to log your numbers but I feel like I'm losing workout time while they are all logging. That being said with the weights and all the focused moves I have no doubt that I will feel it later :) So for the others that have started already, are there other faster paced or more cardio focused workouts in the program? Overall I enjoyed the workout, except those boat crunch things haha. I am thankful for the upper body strength that I built up with T25 as I think it will help me with this program. Hope everyone has a great day!!

PS - Does Tony always talk that much?!
  • Butrovich
    Options
    So for the others that have started already, are there other faster paced or more cardio focused workouts in the program?

Absolutely. You will find if there are weights involved you will need that short break to write down how you did. This helps you next time when you are wondering what weight to choose and whether or not to bump it up a few pounds. Workouts like Agility X and CVX are more cardio and less breaks.
    Yeah, although it is not as bad as his P90X DVDs. His pterodactyl impersonations annoy me to no end.

Mike
  • fourfiftythree
    fourfiftythree Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    So today was Week 1 Day 1 for me, Total Synergistics. I have to say coming from T25 I am used to a quicker pace and not all those little breaks. I know this are to log your numbers but I feel like I'm losing workout time while they are all logging. That being said with the weights and all the focused moves I have no doubt that I will feel it later :) So for the others that have started already, are there other faster paced or more cardio focused workouts in the program? Overall I enjoyed the workout, except those boat crunch things haha. I am thankful for the upper body strength that I built up with T25 as I think it will help me with this program. Hope everyone has a great day!!

I run in place or do skaters whenever there is downtime.

I just finished P90X and did day 2 of P90X3 yesterday. Agility X... holy cow. That was a good workout.
  • dsimmons107
    dsimmons107 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I have not gotten my P90X3 yet. It should have been here but BB has sent it to me a second time. Just finished T25 and starting it again. I am also doing P90X2 currently. Please add me.
  • mitchellkd
    mitchellkd Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Just finished the fit test. Starting on the 1st with a bunch of people! Super excited.
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Hi Tammy! I'd LOVE to join you now but I had some major surgery on the 17th & I will be a "good" girl & listen to the Dr's as to when I can workout intensely again! I got the X3 for myself for Christmas & am jacked to start. I want to do this program & drop the very last 10 pounds! I will follow the thread & read all the heads up so I can spare myself any problems. To bad Tony has to yack so much, I was hesitant to order this cuz in the first series he about drove me nuts with his talking & him thinking he's funny!I wish you successful goals!!!!
  • fitaholic718
    fitaholic718 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Starting p90x pylometrics today
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    Count me in. I love X3 and so far have loved the ones I previewed. CVX was a nice weighted cardio routine. Choose your weight carefully cuz you use it the entire routine and it gets heavy.
    I'm on vacation until the 6th so I'm targeting that as day 1 but I'm itching to start.
  • powerpuffgirl66
    powerpuffgirl66 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I would love to join! I plan to start Jan. 6, after the holidays are done and I'm actually home!

I'm half-a$$ing T25 right now. I did Alpha for a few weeks, now I'm doing random Beta workouts. I'm too antsy to actually complete T25 and want to start p90x3. I prefer strength training over cardio. I already tried The Warrior workout. It wasn't too bad. Can't do a single pull-up though.