PHOTO ONLY SUCCESS STORIES!

Options

Replies

• GoJohnGo71
    GoJohnGo71 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    jenn_boomz wrote: »
    WELP, today was our last workout for Insanity's 60 day original program. My total weight loss is 8 pounds, and my husband slid in at 26 pounds lost.

Biggest physical difference I noticed was strength in my hip flexors and aerobic endurance. My hips are tons stronger. I went for 72 mile bike ride yesterday to the St. Croix River Valley (Afton) and even after climbing hills, averaging 16 mph for the entire ride, I wasn't sore. No knee pain, no back pain, no hip pain. I mean, my muscles are tired, but not in pain. Considering that's the first long ride I've done this year; that's really relieving and good news for me. Especially, considering I've been having a lot of problems with my hips and knees in the past couple of years.

ALL the weight I lost was fat loss. I upped my caloric goal, but worked to make sure my macros were 40% protein, 30% carbs, and 30% fat. We didn't follow a strict diet plan, per se, but we did cut out all alcohol and replaced all sugary snacks like ice cream and cookies with smoothies made with fresh fruit, veggies, unsweetened almond or coconut milk, and protein powders. We also worked towards not having added sugar, though not avoiding sugar in form of things like fruit, honey, and real maple syrup. These weren't hard dietary commitments AT ALL, and I never felt deprived or felt cravings for anything. VERY occasionally we did order pizza, and once, we went out for greasy burgers and fries. All other meals were home-cooked, regular meals. Nothing crazy, or strict in any dietary sense, just good old fashioned food. Meat and potatoes kind of meals. No salads, unless we wanted one, but it was rare. It's almost a sort of anti-diet plan, and we don't have any desire to start eating cookies and ice cream on a nightly basis again.

One thing that did change in my diet is monitoring my macros, as I mentioned above. It was hard at first to hit 40% protein and to keep my carbs under 40. Protein shakes helped. Fat was another thing I really had to concentrate on adding to my daily intake. I started buying full-fat yogurt and nuts to snack on.

My husband is going to continue with Insanity Max 30. I will do a lot of those with him, but I will be focusing on more cycling-specific workouts going into the race season. I'm SO happy to be down to race weight before the season is started. We're probably going to do Insanity Asylum in the fall after I finish cyclocross. I'm looking forward to that. I'm super proud of him. He's never been a workout kinda dude; just a hard working one. I love how into he got, and I love how motivated he is by how good he feels.

I'm not sure if I'm done with alcohol forever, but after taking these months off from it, it's hard to ignore how great I feel without it. Plus, it seems like I have so much more money now. lol I'm to the point I still think about it, but it's easier and easier to be like, "Nah, I'll just crack a la croix." And, when I do, I'm actually thankful it's not a beer. I'm cool with folks drinking around me, and I've received nothing but support and love from my friends, so we'll see. Maybe, I'll have a beer or two again, maybe I won't.

1yxfg5gsya3d.jpeg
    do5qz1xtqi8j.jpeg
    i40v4tyjaq2e.jpeg

Congrats. I'm on a good diet plan right now too. No booze at the moment and I feel great. No fast food either. Saving lots of money as well.
  • codsterlaing95
    codsterlaing95 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    WELP, today was our last workout for Insanity's 60 day original program. My total weight loss is 8 pounds, and my husband slid in at 26 pounds lost.

Biggest physical difference I noticed was strength in my hip flexors and aerobic endurance. My hips are tons stronger. I went for 72 mile bike ride yesterday to the St. Croix River Valley (Afton) and even after climbing hills, averaging 16 mph for the entire ride, I wasn't sore. No knee pain, no back pain, no hip pain. I mean, my muscles are tired, but not in pain. Considering that's the first long ride I've done this year; that's really relieving and good news for me. Especially, considering I've been having a lot of problems with my hips and knees in the past couple of years.

ALL the weight I lost was fat loss. I upped my caloric goal, but worked to make sure my macros were 40% protein, 30% carbs, and 30% fat. We didn't follow a strict diet plan, per se, but we did cut out all alcohol and replaced all sugary snacks like ice cream and cookies with smoothies made with fresh fruit, veggies, unsweetened almond or coconut milk, and protein powders. We also worked towards not having added sugar, though not avoiding sugar in form of things like fruit, honey, and real maple syrup. These weren't hard dietary commitments AT ALL, and I never felt deprived or felt cravings for anything. VERY occasionally we did order pizza, and once, we went out for greasy burgers and fries. All other meals were home-cooked, regular meals. Nothing crazy, or strict in any dietary sense, just good old fashioned food. Meat and potatoes kind of meals. No salads, unless we wanted one, but it was rare. It's almost a sort of anti-diet plan, and we don't have any desire to start eating cookies and ice cream on a nightly basis again.

One thing that did change in my diet is monitoring my macros, as I mentioned above. It was hard at first to hit 40% protein and to keep my carbs under 40. Protein shakes helped. Fat was another thing I really had to concentrate on adding to my daily intake. I started buying full-fat yogurt and nuts to snack on.

My husband is going to continue with Insanity Max 30. I will do a lot of those with him, but I will be focusing on more cycling-specific workouts going into the race season. I'm SO happy to be down to race weight before the season is started. We're probably going to do Insanity Asylum in the fall after I finish cyclocross. I'm looking forward to that. I'm super proud of him. He's never been a workout kinda dude; just a hard working one. I love how into he got, and I love how motivated he is by how good he feels.

I'm not sure if I'm done with alcohol forever, but after taking these months off from it, it's hard to ignore how great I feel without it. Plus, it seems like I have so much more money now. lol I'm to the point I still think about it, but it's easier and easier to be like, "Nah, I'll just crack a la croix." And, when I do, I'm actually thankful it's not a beer. I'm cool with folks drinking around me, and I've received nothing but support and love from my friends, so we'll see. Maybe, I'll have a beer or two again, maybe I won't.

1yxfg5gsya3d.jpeg
    do5qz1xtqi8j.jpeg
    i40v4tyjaq2e.jpeg

Wow good job on the "fat loss" and not "weight loss" like most.
  • jatdh1753
    jatdh1753 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    pnt1zatzzabh.jpeg

Down 34 lbs in 4 months, 48 more to go

You look beautiful in both pictures, but wow, great progress!
  • jeslynn24
    jeslynn24 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    pnt1zatzzabh.jpeg

Down 34 lbs in 4 months, 48 more to go

You look great! Please any advise for this struggling gal right here?
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,109 Member
    Options
    I went for 72 mile bike ride yesterday to the St. Croix River Valley (Afton) and even after climbing hills,

Congratulations on your success! You look amazing! Are you from Minnesota? If so I am from up in Walker. I live on the Paul Bunyan bike trail where it intersects with the heartland trail.

• peternixon12
    peternixon12 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    5087f4a1-3ffe-4101-af64-c89428b380fa.jpg

Absolutely fantastic well done
  • jenn_boomz
    jenn_boomz Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    I went for 72 mile bike ride yesterday to the St. Croix River Valley (Afton) and even after climbing hills,

Congratulations on your success! You look amazing! Are you from Minnesota? If so I am from up in Walker. I live on the Paul Bunyan bike trail where it intersects with the heartland trail.

Thanks! Yep, I live in Minneapolis, though I'm not originally from here. I've been living here for about 14 years. I love those trails! Up there by Walker is a beautiful area.
  • erinraden
    erinraden Posts: 12 Member
    Options

Hi :) thank you! I am 5'3 1/2", 26 years old, picture starting weight of 156 lbs. Current weight of 135. Goal is 125, which is what I was before my pregnancies!

erinraden wrote: »
    lr4vg4cp9f2p.jpeg
    Before

bac6znobmvhx.png
    After

Pretty proud of myself

You look great!! You should be proud! Do you mind sharing your stats?

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,109 Member
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »

Thanks! Yep, I live in Minneapolis, though I'm not originally from here. I've been living here for about 14 years. I love those trails! Up there by Walker is a beautiful area.

I don't want to hijack this thread but I just wanted to add one more thing. I don't know if you have discovered the mountain bike trails. There is a really good one in Elk River and a decent one in St. Cloud. Google mountain bike trails for Minnesota. Very fun for biking as well as walking.
  • Heirgreat
    Heirgreat Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Chel325- wow you must be so proud- congrats!
  • chel325
    chel325 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Heirgreat wrote: »
    Chel325- wow you must be so proud- congrats!

Thank you! It's actually kinda hard for me to see the changes even when I look at pictures. I know logically I'm wearing smaller clothes but the mirror looks the same and I don't trust pictures because of angles and what not.
  • cutecub79
    cutecub79 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Wow, so inspirational! I want to come on here in a few months and do the same.
    Good work everyone!
  • KimATX
    KimATX Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    moya_rargh wrote: »
    PhotoGrid_1393135058385.jpg

Although according to some on here, I still look repugnant due to having big ears.

They sound like asshats.
  • balletap10
    balletap10 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Makoce wrote: »
    2nkjsl5.png
    2v8o5zp.png

5'2 - 168 - 110lbs in less than a year.

Congratulations!!! Your body type reminds me most of mine. I'm trying lose 50 lbs before my October wedding. You are my inspiration to see what my body could look like. Thanks so much for posting!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!