Post your "mummy tummy" before/after! I need encouragement

Options
Happymom83
Happymom83 Posts: 405 Member
I'm close to my first goal weight...We will see how I feel when I get there...But I still have quite a bit of "loose" skin, ugly stretch marks, etc...Im hoping some ladies will share their "before/after" mummy tummy pics! I know not to expect "perfection" (in societies eyes)...But I'm hoping for my tummy to be better than it is lol :laugh:

Replies

• jardimgirl
    jardimgirl Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    im in the same boat! in for pics too!
  • louisegibbs85
    louisegibbs85 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    <--- my profile picture, me after my second child, the top pics are not even me at my biggest they were after losing at least 2stone. I always put on 5stone whilst pregnant .. Can't even blame cravings because I craved ice haha just greedy.
  • ChrysalisCove
    ChrysalisCove Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Once you get to your goal, give your body a week or two at maintenance / TDEE to allow it to adjust to the fat loss. Drink LOTS of water & don't push too hard - basically just let your body focus on recomposition!
  • jardimgirl
    Options
    <--- my profile picture, me after my second child, the top pics are not even me at my biggest they were after losing at least 2stone. I always put on 5stone whilst pregnant .. Can't even blame cravings because I craved ice haha just greedy.

amazing!! what have you done that has helped?
  • louisegibbs85
    louisegibbs85 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I just mainly do cardio. Started by walking, then using my air walker machine then joined a zumba then a bums,legs,tums class .... Just slowly worked up to adding new things as my stamina increased. Did 30 day shred for about 8 days but stopped, it came off far easier after my first baby just walking and doing the same eexercise DVD.... I was only 21 then tho lol My belly is usually first to go tho .... I'm all hips,thighs n *kitten* haha
  • Happymom83
    Options
    I just mainly do cardio. Started by walking, then using my air walker machine then joined a zumba then a bums,legs,tums class .... Just slowly worked up to adding new things as my stamina increased. Did 30 day shred for about 8 days but stopped, it came off far easier after my first baby just walking and doing the same eexercise DVD.... I was only 21 then tho lol My belly is usually first to go tho .... I'm all hips,thighs n *kitten* haha

You have a very beautiful tummy :) Awesome job!
  • marieamethyst
    marieamethyst Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I'm still a work in progress (about 20 more lbs to get to goal weight), but I can show you the difference that 50 days and less than 10 lbs can make!

On my due date back in May - 179 lbs, up from 165 when I got pregnant (I didn't take any photos before I started back then, opps):

duedate.png

On Jan. 13th, going into "Phase Two" by ramping up the exercise and staying consistent with logging (145.8 lbs / 7 months postpartum):

001.png

Today/March 5th (139.2 lbs / 9 months postpartum):

002.png

There is always hope, just keep working at it and remember the big picture! :flowerforyou:
  • Happymom83
    Options
    Awesome job :)
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    I don't think I have any befores (avoided cameras like the plague) but feel free to creep my pics for the during and afters.
  • jeskuhsmeekers
    jeskuhsmeekers Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jehavin
    jehavin Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I'm not to my six pack yet, lol, but this is the difference between about 2 years, pregnancy with baby #5, 48lbs, heavy lifting, cardio 4-5 times a week and staying in a calorie deficit =) I'm still nursing a 10 month old, so hopefully the part around my lower tattoo will whittle more when I am done. I will obviously never wear a bikini---my tattoo is a memorial tattoo I don't wish to put on display plus my stretch marks/loose skin---but I did hear a great saying, though, yesterday that comforted me: "A young woman said to her mom, "Mom, you should get a tattoo of each of your kids names." The mom relied, "I already have those; they're called stretch marks." (giggle)
    Ribbetcollageabs.jpg
  • jardimgirl
    Options
    I'm still a work in progress (about 20 more lbs to get to goal weight), but I can show you the difference that 50 days and less than 10 lbs can make!

On my due date back in May - 179 lbs, up from 165 when I got pregnant (I didn't take any photos before I started back then, opps):

duedate.png

On Jan. 13th, going into "Phase Two" by ramping up the exercise and staying consistent with logging (145.8 lbs / 7 months postpartum):

001.png

Today/March 5th (139.2 lbs / 9 months postpartum):

002.png

There is always hope, just keep working at it and remember the big picture! :flowerforyou:

Great job! What exercises have you been doing?
  • Happymom83
    Options
    I'm not to my six pack yet, lol, but this is the difference between about 2 years, pregnancy with baby #5, 48lbs, heavy lifting, cardio 4-5 times a week and staying in a calorie deficit =) I'm still nursing a 10 month old, so hopefully the part around my lower tattoo will whittle more when I am done. I will obviously never wear a bikini---my tattoo is a memorial tattoo I don't wish to put on display plus my stretch marks/loose skin---but I did hear a great saying, though, yesterday that comforted me: "A young woman said to her mom, "Mom, you should get a tattoo of each of your kids names." The mom relied, "I already have those; they're called stretch marks." (giggle)
    Ribbetcollageabs.jpg

Amazing! Thank you <3
  • jonilynn70
    jonilynn70 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • Happymom83
    Options
    OK...So I'll post a side pic...Not quite ready for a frontal view just yet...So many stretch marks...and a belly button that is nothing to be desired after 4 pregnancies, and 2 surgeries....lol.....:ohwell:

This is me at 193, "spilling" out of size LARGE:embarassed:

004_zps37504bfe.jpg

This is me at 153.6 in a size MEDIUM:smile:

IMG_20140305_105315_zps0dbbd167.jpg

EDIT~ Also went from a 40DD bra...to a 36C!
  • jehavin
    Options
    Great progress!!!! You will be where you want in no time, but, yes, the stretch marks and minimal loose skin will follow =/ Focus on lifting, which will tone your arms and legs and your belly will tone itself up with them! I can't tell you how much stronger my core feels just b/c I can now *lift* heavy everyday items properly due to strength training---we're talking dog food bags, squirming children, etc, that I can feel my core engaged on. When mommy feels strong, the superficial marks don't matter!
  • Happymom83
    Options
    Great progress!!!! You will be where you want in no time, but, yes, the stretch marks and minimal loose skin will follow =/ Focus on lifting, which will tone your arms and legs and your belly will tone itself up with them! I can't tell you how much stronger my core feels just b/c I can now *lift* heavy everyday items properly due to strength training---we're talking dog food bags, squirming children, etc, that I can feel my core engaged on. When mommy feels strong, the superficial marks don't matter!

Thank you for this! Lifting is my next goal, along with using my recumbent bike again :)
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to pop in and say good job to the ladies in here!

Don't forget to eat plenty of protein (I try to get 100 g/day). And remember: Abs are made in the kitchen! :smile:
  • jehavin
    Options
    Just wanted to pop in and say good job to the ladies in here!

Don't forget to eat plenty of protein (I try to get 100 g/day). And remember: Abs are made in the kitchen! :smile:

I totally agree with your advice! I saw the greatest fat loss in my stomach when I got my diet on lockdown during this last cut. The first half I did mod carb/lowfat/high protein and the second half I did high fat/low carb/mod protein.. I had success with both sets of macros as long as I had the 20%deficit tight and the right amount of protein!
  • marieamethyst
    marieamethyst Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Great job! What exercises have you been doing?

Thank you! :blushing: I responded to your PM!

OP - you look fantastic! Along with the other mommies!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!