Best exercises for the arms?

Options

Replies

• iPlatano
    iPlatano Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I see the biggest different in my arms, I like doing seated Incline dumbbell bicep curls, it really gives a good stretch in the bicep. Ido 3x8 usually. alternating dumbbell curls, hammer curls, cable curls, barbell curls.

For triceps I do tricep rope pushdowns, skull crushers, close grip bench press, tricep kickbacks, and tricep extensions but I like to switch everything up each workout I do. Idk if this will help, I'm young and no expert but hope this gives you some ideas.

This!
  • aarondnguyen
    aarondnguyen Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Any routine will generally work, provided it has high intensity and you're going the full range of motion (i.e. standing bicep curls without using your back for momentum to get the weight up).

You'll only see noticeable gains if your diet is consistent and on point.
  • shane_tac1
    shane_tac1 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I just mixed my arm workout up last week and did tri sets. Amazing pump!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    Close Grip Bench Press, Weighted Chins, Rows, Barbell Curls, Dips, Skullcrushers. Pretty much all you need.

i don't know ..i always thought this was a good one:

angelfitness_zps5d39e6d4.gif?t=1397102571
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Some of it is genetics but I can get really huge arms just with the accessories of weighted dips & tri extensions.

I prefer tri extensions over skulls because of tendon issues which will effect my elbows. Either one you should really use dumbbells as it is more natural than any straight/curl bar. Pull ups help too, just not as much.

As mentioned previously, use good form and if you use high intensity to any exercise with a surplus in your diet and you can get jacked if you are in the 8-12 rep range. The weight isn't as nearly as important as the using strict form.
  • actioncomics1
    Options
    i dont think i can say what the best exercises for arms is cos they might ban me for rude language :grumble:
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Close Grip Bench Press, Weighted Chins, Rows, Barbell Curls, Dips, Skullcrushers. Pretty much all you need.

Is she purposely trying to look stupid or does she simply not know what she is doing?

That's the thing that baffles me. I can never tell if media representations are straight-up "idealized" ridiculous images or a spoof of the "ideal."

Poe's Law, I guess.

And why is one handle curved?
  • Ashes_To_Beast
    Ashes_To_Beast Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, you might have seen my post about the Protein shakes!

Ok, so I've been working out now for maybe 8 months and I have seen decent gains everywhere, (Chest,Back,Shoulders,Legs,Abdominals) etc.

The only place where it seems to be hard to add mass to is my arms. They definitely have got stronger but not so much mass if that makes sense? Should I keep doing compound exercises but add some Isolation reps just targeting triceps and biceps? Or do you know any exercises which are the best that bulk the arms and how many sets/reps of it?

Thanks for your help, cheers!:smile:

I'm finally braking thru a "Plateau" with my arms, here's what's working for me...
    Do isolation exercises like basic curls, tricep extensions, preacher curls, etc...
    When you do your curls, make sure to have a very slow negative(at least 3sec), when you hit the bottom of your of your curl, flex your tricep for a full stretch on the bicep. Same goes for Tricep exer., flex the bicep at the end of the rep.

Never have a weight you have to swing to bring up, focus on your form and do drop sets if you have to.
  • mctrader07
    mctrader07 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    for me my arms have always come easy for me, but I remember a friend from school of mine from years ago he could not get his arms the way he wanted them. but his legs were great.
  • mctrader07
    Options

Is she purposely trying to look stupid or does she simply not know what she is doing?
    this is why I keep my tv watching to the minimum
    That's the thing that baffles me. I can never tell if media representations are straight-up "idealized" ridiculous images or a spoof of the "ideal."

Poe's Law, I guess.

• mctrader07
    Options
    Tip:

for the arms it consist of two secrets.
    one: isolation (isolation the arms during workout, do not work your shoulders, back etc..
    two: free weights (do not use machines) using dumbells work out your muscles as well has forces you to balance to maintain the weight
  • sixpacklady
    sixpacklady Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    @bulk@@"
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    This is all you need to know

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzxRhtZLItY
  • mctrader07
    Options
    this is interesting. I posted on this section two days ago. now its missing?
  • Allen305
    Allen305 Posts: 1
    Options
    Change whatever you normally do. The more you continue to do the same workouts its like your arms pretty much become immune to it and you will hardly see any results. The more you confuse the muscle the more youll see results. I change my exercise every 2 weeks and within those 2 weeks I play with the order I do them in. Good workouts for arms at least some of my favorites is wide grip curls with the barbell really good for thickening your bicep super setting preacher curls with hammers (dumbbells). Just do your research I cant tell you what exercises are best for you everyone is different my best advice is to find what works best for you. And another tip.... Your form... some people dont realize how important that is. 1 rep right is better than 10 reps wrong.
  • TaninaFit
    TaninaFit Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    steve_mfp wrote: »
    dude-doing-bicep-curls-with-a-cat.gif
    Anyone got a cat I can borrow?
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options

one of her arms is longer than the other one so she needs more distance? :tongue:

to the op: i guess i don't know for sure what actually did what lifting has done to my arms, but i do know two things: that's the only part of me any other woman has been openly impressed by. and i know i'm a little bit beast on the overhead press. it's my happy-place lift.

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options

one of her arms is longer than the other one so she needs more distance? :tongue:

to the op: i guess i don't know for sure what actually did what lifting has done to my arms, but i do know two things: that's the only part of me any other woman has been openly impressed by. and i know i'm a little bit beast on the overhead press. it's my happy-place lift.

FYI, OP hasn't been around for almost 4 years. :p
  • charlieaulert
    charlieaulert Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Usually arms are the easier to bulk up, for me at least anyway!

I vary it up, do whatever I fancy. Dumbbell curls, plenty of tricep rope exercises. You'll work your arms on rows a lot too!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    zombie thread!