premade Cauliflower pizza crusts?

Options
amunet07
amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
Does anyone know if premade cauliflower crusts or whole pizzas are available in stores? If so where?

I'm craving pizza something aweful today

Replies

• GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    If you want pizza go get real pizza don't bastardize pizza or cauliflower in the process
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Only one thing could be worse than cauliflower crust pizza... freezer-section cauliflower crust pizza.
  • the_arghbowl
    the_arghbowl Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    No such thing. That would constitute cauliflower pie as pizza is fundamentally based upon dough.

Do yourself a favor and have real pizza, please.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif
  • highcarbveganzombie
    highcarbveganzombie Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Not as far as I know. If you're craving pizza, just get real pizza and make it fit into your day or make English muffin pizzas! I do it when I'm craving pizza but can't afford the calories. English muffin toasted, a little sauce, whatever toppings you like (I'm all about onions and pineapple) and a little cheese. Stick in a toaster over/regular oven and you are good to go! :D
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    IXUO5zJ.gif
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I don't think it's sold.

Some suggestions for quick home pizzas:

- Use a tortilla, put the toppings on, bake or broil, and then roll it up into a pizza roll!
    - Order a thin crust pizza to minimize the calories a bit
    - Make mini pizza on whole wheat English muffins
    - Maybe you could do something on a bed of spinach and make like.. a pizza spinach salad (use feta, tomatoes, grilled chicken and pizza sauce).
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Just make your own crust and spread it really thin.
  • numinousnymph
    numinousnymph Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    If you want pizza go get real pizza don't bastardize pizza or cauliflower in the process

cauliflower crust is a common option for people who want/need gluten-free. i'm sure it's not bad, either. google search for images of them. they look good to me!
  • MaggieGirl135
    MaggieGirl135 Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    Dear Op, I read the heading of your post and I thought that this would be a good thing to know. Then I read all of the other posts! lol My husband is gluten free (necessity, not a choice) and I am determined to make him a GF homemade pizza, but still need to buy 2 oddball ingredients (potato starch and tapioca starch---who knew they even existed?). So, I thought maybe a cauliflower crust would be a temporary stand-in. Guess I was wrong, per the other posters. I know that mashed cauliflower does a fairly good job as mashed potatoes, so I was game. Also, FYI, I am aware that some pizza restaurants do make GF pizzas and we have purchased them. My husband doesn't complain, but I think the crusts look lame!
  • SheGlows
    SheGlows Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Well, damn, am I the only one that likes cauliflower pizza? I haven't had "real" pizza since 8th grade due to allergies. I'm having spaghetti squash pizza crust tonight, it's perf :love:
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    ^^^
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Just get a nonstick Silpat lay out pepperoni, brush on pizza sauce, sprinkle cheese and toppings, broil. Eat with fork
  • amunet07
    Options
    Dear Op, I read the heading of your post and I thought that this would be a good thing to know. Then I read all of the other posts! lol My husband is gluten free (necessity, not a choice) and I am determined to make him a GF homemade pizza, but still need to buy 2 oddball ingredients (potato starch and tapioca starch---who knew they even existed?). So, I thought maybe a cauliflower crust would be a temporary stand-in. Guess I was wrong, per the other posters. I know that mashed cauliflower does a fairly good job as mashed potatoes, so I was game. Also, FYI, I am aware that some pizza restaurants do make GF pizzas and we have purchased them. My husband doesn't complain, but I think the crusts look lame!

Here is one of the receipes I've seen for it: http://www.realfoodrn.com/personal-pan-cauliflower-crust-pizzas/
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Udi's (and other Gluten Free places) make them.
    Udi's will ship them to your door for a price:
    https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=Udi's+Gluten+Free+Foods+Three+Cheese+Pizza

If you like cooking, you can make several for yourself each weekend, freeze, and have them ready to bake with toppings during the week.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
  • amunet07
    Options
    Udi's (and other Gluten Free places) make them.
    Udi's will ship them to your door for a price:
    https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=Udi's+Gluten+Free+Foods+Three+Cheese+Pizza

If you like cooking, you can make several for yourself each weekend, freeze, and have them ready to bake with toppings during the week.

Thank you! :)
  • amunet07
    Options
    another recipe

www.thelondoner.me/2013/09/carb-free-pizza.html