Ultimate weight loss calculator

Options
Hey! I'm an amateur programmer and I made a huge calculator that figures out everything from your current BMR to your predicted weight loss over a period of time. I hope that it will be a useful resource, and would love to get some feedback on it if you have a few minutes. You can check it out here: http://www.weightloss-calculator.net

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Nice!

But can you make it with metric values too? My world is measured in centimeters and kilos :tongue:
  • LeslieTSUK
    LeslieTSUK Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    thats actually really good
    very well done
  • thump418
    thump418 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    nice job
  • 141622mfp
    141622mfp Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Awesome, thanks for checking it out! I am still trying to figure out the best way to give a metric conversion option, but it is on my to-do list. Are there any other features/calculations that you'd find useful?
  • DoingitWell
    DoingitWell Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Just added his to my favorite... thanks. great job too!!
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    Options
    That's great! I loved seeing how much I could lose at my current calorie goals. If I stick to it, I will be at my goal weight in 6 months! Very motivating. :)
  • 141622mfp
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone! I'm really glad you're finding it useful. I'll be working on the metric conversion soon as I can, please let me know if there are other features you'd like to see.
  • Kotuliak
    Kotuliak Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Nice. Thanks.
  • maasha81
    maasha81 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Great tool ... I like the zig zag feature.
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    Options
    I like it! But my Zig-Zag feature comes up blank. :)
  • 141622mfp
    Options
    To calculate the zig zag, make sure you have entered your Intended Calorie Intake Per Day in the Weight Loss Goals section at the top.

Or it could be that I have just been making a couple of changes under the hood, so just try again :)
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    That's pretty damn good, great job, thanks!
  • watchhillgirl
    watchhillgirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    This is really great! It gives you something to strive for. Thank you for showing us this!
  • abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    Good stuff you created!
    Considerable / feasible having BF goal as a variable to weight goal?
  • abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    ... Or just deduct the variance to your current weight and there you go, problem solved I guess...
  • maoribadger
    maoribadger Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    This is fab. Shows that I should be on course to lose the weight in the time frame I am using
  • Emiliebeauchamp
    Emiliebeauchamp Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    That's pretty awesome! I could reach my ultimate goal in time for my cousin's wedding. Woohoo!
  • jbse26
    jbse26 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Thanks. only addition i would like (other than metric for us Europeans) is to be able to tell it a goal weight, how many calories i intend to eat and it to predict a date when i am likely to reach that goal. Really like having all things in one place, and the Zig zag is very useful.Some people would like to vary that for 5:2 IF perhap? (ie two days at 600 cals).Anyway, hope thoughts are useful to you and i will be using this!:happy:
  • AislingHunter
    AislingHunter Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    That's brilliant, thanks for sharing it :flowerforyou:
  • Go_Mizzou99
    Go_Mizzou99 Posts: 2,628 Member
    Options
    I can reach goal by just going on Naked and Afraid...58 calories per day for 21 days lol.

Nice program.

Bookmarked - will share!