Ultimate weight loss calculator

Options

Replies

• GeekdGirl
    GeekdGirl Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Very neat!

I've found a "Clear" button that clears all fields to be helpful on these kinds of calculators. Good job :happy:
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Love it! Thanks!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Well done. imho, the zig zag will need some tweaking, but otherwise, it's simple, and does exactly what it needs to do.
  • oremus1
    oremus1 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    very nice - so easy to use too!
  • Melanie858
    Melanie858 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    This is great, thanks!
  • icrushit
    icrushit Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Nice little calculator, although know its still a work in progress a little, I liked what I saw.

I would perhaps suggest a section where you can enter your build, and perhaps a rough level of your own musculature too, as these factors are often two main things that undo the utility of BMI quite quickly I've found. However including both, allows for you to get a BMI/ expected weight range that makes sense.

Good work, and glad I checked it out. Keep it up :)
  • hupsii
    hupsii Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Excellent ! Look forward to the metric version !!! Thank you so much :-) The difference between sedentary and lightly active is amazing in terms of calories. What would you define sedentary ? I have a desk job, sitting more than 8 hrs a day plus must commute by car as I have to take the highway but I try to walk at my lunchbreak for 15 mins and I go to the gym 2 - 3 times a week - I guess that's pretty sedentary, no ?
  • drewmmm
    drewmmm Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Nice!
  • ivygirl1937
    ivygirl1937 Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    This...is seriously awesome. This might be my new favorite thing. Although I second the question about the difference between sedentary and lightly active. I work at a desk too and commute by car but I work out most evenings. Would that count as sedentary or lightly active?
  • thinkpositive92
    thinkpositive92 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Omg you genius! THANK YOU!!
  • LuckyShimmer
    LuckyShimmer Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    This is awesome! :D
  • 141622mfp
    141622mfp Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone for your feedback! I hope to have time to do some more work on this in the next few days. My to-do list is now:

Metric version!

5:2 Diet calculator (i.e. with 5 high cal and 2 low cal days, for a specified average calorie intake)

A function that will enable you to put in a goal weight (or your desired weight loss in lbs) and your intended daily calorie intake, show you how many days it will take to reach your goal

Some kind of frame size modifier for the ideal weight section - so you could choose large, medium or small frame size, and it would give you a more accurate ideal weight estimate

Descriptions of the activity level options, to make it cleared what category (sedentary, lightly active, etc etc) you best fit in.

EDIT: A 'clear' button to delete all input to start over.

I also added share buttons for Facebook, twitter and google+, so if you find it useful you can share it easily (which would be great for me, so I can get more feedback)

Thanks again everyone!

P.S.
    @hupsii, I'd say that's lightly active rather than sedentary, but I'm gonna do some research and put some descriptions in there to make it easier.

@sabine_stroeh, what could i do to make the zig-zag better?
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    This is pretty cool but I tend to throw away anything about body mass index, That is what lifting weights does for years and years. A lot of people I notice with high lean body mass tend to be on the upper healthy weight range or overweight.
  • independant2406
    independant2406 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    This is great. Thanks for sharing!!
  • maroonmango211
    maroonmango211 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing, simple and easy to use I like the prediction on what results would be if sticking to the same intake as well as the calculation for what intake should be to reach goal (IMO the predicted weight in ***blank*** amount of days is much more accurate than MFP's currently is). I as well don't take very much stock in BMI anymore, working more with body fat % but its still a good number to know.
  • persistentsoul
    persistentsoul Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Nice, I like it :happy:
  • hupsii
    hupsii Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone for your feedback! I hope to have time to do some more work on this in the next few days. My to-do list is now:

Metric version!

5:2 Diet calculator (i.e. with 5 high cal and 2 low cal days, for a specified average calorie intake)

A function that will enable you to put in a goal weight (or your desired weight loss in lbs) and your intended daily calorie intake, show you how many days it will take to reach your goal

Some kind of frame size modifier for the ideal weight section - so you could choose large, medium or small frame size, and it would give you a more accurate ideal weight estimate

Descriptions of the activity level options, to make it cleared what category (sedentary, lightly active, etc etc) you best fit in.

EDIT: A 'clear' button to delete all input to start over.

I also added share buttons for Facebook, twitter and google+, so if you find it useful you can share it easily (which would be great for me, so I can get more feedback)

Thanks again everyone!

P.S.
    @hupsii, I'd say that's lightly active rather than sedentary, but I'm gonna do some research and put some descriptions in there to make it easier.

@sabine_stroeh, what could i do to make the zig-zag better?

Thank you !:flowerforyou:
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    Awesome. I will want to look closer at home
  • DMRinehardt
    Options
    For the most part, I think this is an excellent tool.....:bigsmile:

That being said, 128 has never in my experience been the standard weight for 64"....120 has been. Also, someone with a small frame should weigh less than one with a large frame at the same height. Can you adjust for this? :flowerforyou:

For me, I was at my best shape at 115. That is low for some folks, but when measured against 128, there is a 13 lb -> 2 to 3 size in clothing - difference. :frown:
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    It's cool, but I don't know...

I have a bit of an issue with it saying that my ideal weight at 5"4 is 128 pounds. That looks really thin on me, is nearly impossible for me to maintain and I doesn't take muscle mass into account....