How do you measure your water?

Options
This is a pretty basic question, but I am wondering what other MFP'ers do. I am used to measuring my water in ounces, or liters. Since the water is counted on MFP as glasses and I am drinking out of bottles, I have been counting a bottle as a glass. But I think that's wrong because a glass of water would be eight ounces, and my water bottles are 23 ounces -- so would I count that instead as three glasses? Just curious what you guys do! I've been told I need to drink more water, and thought that I did, too, but maybe I have just been shorting myself when I log??

Thanks!

Lucy :)

Replies

• Yooperm35
    Yooperm35 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I drink water out of a 20oz bottle and count each bottle as 2 glasses. I try for 6 bottles/day or 120oz and count them as 12 glasses
  • maureendonahue
    maureendonahue Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    23 ounces is pretty darn close to 3 glasses! I count the ounces and convert to glasses with 1 glass being 8 ounces. I think you may have been shorting yourself there!

Good luck on your journey!
  • Bridge_CG
    Bridge_CG Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I like to measure my water in liters. 4 glasses to a liter, plus it makes drinking 12 glasses or a gallon easier for me.
  • Kym1610
    Kym1610 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I consider 250-300ml a glass. So if I drink at 750ml bottle that is 3 glasses. If I drink at 600ml bottle that is 2 glasses and 1litre I count as 4 glasses. Hope this helps
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    I use a 20 ounce bottle as well and count it was 2 1/2 cups. you are definitely cutting yourself short!
  • ninjakitty419
    ninjakitty419 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I count 8 ounces as a glass, so my 24 ounce bottle of water would be 3 glasses.
  • frugalmomsrock
    Options
    I drink four 20 oz. water bottles at the gym, and then I have a one liter (33.x oz) bottle I fill up and drink from which is basically four glasses. So I go by 80 oz=10, and each time I fill up my liter is 4. Today I'm sitting at 22 glasses so far. lol I've filled my liter three times. It's almost gone again, and I still need to do my 30DS.
  • DancingYogini
    Options
    I have a Starbuck's insulated cup that is 16 ounces (it is a Venti size). So I try and drink at least 5 of those per day to equal about 10 glasses of water or 80 ounces.
  • Ashonym
    Ashonym Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I bought a $6.00 water bottle for the occasion. It's 230 ml in a glass I hear and the bottle is 700something so roughly three glasses. So I just try to have three of my bottles each day. :) I generally can only manage 1-2 though. :P
  • jbinga
    jbinga Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    My camelbak bottle is 24 oz and I count it as 3 glasses. It even has little lines on the side at 8 oz, 16 oz, and 24 oz so every time I drink to one of those lines I count it as one glass.

By the way, I'm obsessed with my Camelbak water bottles. If you need a good bottle, I HIGHLY recommend it. I think they make me drink more water.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    I have a 32oz water bottle that counts as 4 glasses to me. I drink at least 2 refills of it a day.
  • mmstgr
    mmstgr Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    yeah, it says cup, not glass.
    i measure mine in cups. i have a 1L bottle i fill up each time and log that as 4cups each time.
  • bluebird321
    bluebird321 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I have a 40 oz bottle I take with me everywhere (including the yoga room). I go by how many times i've filled it up.
  • tcpowell25
    tcpowell25 Posts: 292
    Options
    it would be 3 glasses.
  • Nikkiairforcewife
    Nikkiairforcewife Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I use a 16 oz. jar that was originally from pasta sauce. I fill it to the top and drink as much as I can. When it's empty, I add 2 cups to my food diary and refill it. I try to drink 12+ glasses a day.
  • YogiGirlLucy
    Options
    My camelbak bottle is 24 oz and I count it as 3 glasses. It even has little lines on the side at 8 oz, 16 oz, and 24 oz so every time I drink to one of those lines I count it as one glass.

By the way, I'm obsessed with my Camelbak water bottles. If you need a good bottle, I HIGHLY recommend it. I think they make me drink more water.
    Thanks! Camelbaks ARE awesome! We use them when hiking!
  • YogiGirlLucy
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone! Yep, I have totally been jipping myself! lol .... at least now my cups of water on my food log will be overflowing! :)
  • LadyOfOceanBreeze
    LadyOfOceanBreeze Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    :smile: I have a 1/2 gallon jug that I drink as well as I add my allotment of 5-7, 16 oz stainless steel bottles...

or, I carry my gallon jug and off I go! yes! I drink at least one gallon every day:glasses:

best wishes to your health:drinker:
  • JDRBT
    JDRBT Posts: 264 Member
    Options

I second that! I have a Camelbak water bottle I refill all day. I count it as 3 glasses as well, and it's 24 oz. There is something just... FUN about drinking out of those bottles! Reminds me of when I was a kid and used to bite my straws. :)
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I drink out of an 1-liter bottle, so that's 4 glasses per bottle. I try to drink 3 bottles a day.