40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Hey all - another Salmon derby in the books!
    Had a great time out on the water with my hubby. The waters were pretty rough and by Sunday, really rough. We came off early as it was just getting too wild. Wind blew my hat right off my head - it was gone! Goodbye Johnny Reid! Thought it would bring me luck. LOL.

Here are a couple pictures from the water. Anyone know how to load a video?

07rp67anmtts.jpg

g7122jj21mfr.jpg

• allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Beeps2011 wrote: »
    dawnie, in Canada, we use "autumn" and "fall" interchangeably.

gam3rguy....always nice to see that men who lift can eat. As a female lifter, I don't get very much food, at all (b/c I want to keep fat % down). :(

It's a lifting day! BOOM!

So up there after the week of autumn or fall - which follows the week of summer after the week of spring - do you call all the rest just winter??? ;)
  • Curiousgeorgianna
    Curiousgeorgianna Posts: 187 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Happy Tuesday Cool Kids,
    I'm off on a work-related road trip to Sacramento tomorrow. Should find some warmth there. It hasn't climbed out of the 60s here in awhile. Continues to be smokey and overcast.
    I road my bike yesterday, and it didn't hurt my neck to badly, so that's a good sign. Today I did a brisk walk to the bus instead of ride again. I don't want to take chances of messing it up, so will ease back into the bike commuting more next week when I'm back.
    Larro, that chocolate looked so good. I can't believe you didn't have a second helping! I like the idea of growing bags in a pool!
    Glaciergirl, I hope the hunting is good for you! We're struggling to find a new place to hunt. The public lands are vacant of deer and pigs.
    Sdereski, it does seem like the last salmon derby just happened! Looks like it was fun. How many/how big? I'd like to hear more about Isagenix. It looks pretty pricey. Worth it?
    G3G, rock on!
    AP, I love state fairs. I've only been once, and unfortunately it won't be happening when I'm there this week. They are definitely a fun place to watch folks, not to mention pick up a set of ginsu knives!
    Furballs, that sounds like a busy morning. Hope the back quiets down.
    Beeps, it looks like your back in the groove! BOOM!
    As for my fall plans, it's 1. get back to 3x per week bicycle commute; 2. keep getting to the gym at least 3x per week. That plus the weekend warrior antics. This is my big push to get to goal before my late November 5-0 birthday.

• rune1990
    rune1990 Posts: 543 Member
    Options

So up there after the week of autumn or fall - which follows the week of summer after the week of spring - do you call all the rest just winter??? ;)

Close, but we usually find more interesting things to call it then 'just' winter :)
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,928 Member
    Options
    allenpriest....around here, there are only 2 seasons: winter and construction.

:)
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    sdereski - beautiful photos!! look at all the water!!

curiousgeorg - having the big 5-0 on the horizon IS very motivating!! (Mine is a couple years away, but close enough that I am really, really working to be MY BEST SELF at that time!)

Turning 40 really did bring my fitness plans into focus....I have always been a fitness buff, but by 40, I was cardio-ed out and I also wanted to regulate my diet in a more intentional way.
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Good Evening Cool Kids.

We had the Blountstown City elections here at the Civic Center today, so Margie is here trying to ride herd on two new guys on the Canvasing Board. It was a really low turn out, so they should be done soon.

I worked on my new no-till soil mix today. It is mushroom mulch, peat moss, cow manure, two kinds of potting soil {I got a deal at Big Lots}, lava rocks, lime, blood meal, bone meal, worm castings and coffee grounds. It is supposed to sit for 21 days, but I had cucumbers that were starting to vine {inside, under the lights}, so it was transplant them now or never.

xuftxghqv3q2.jpg

Not sure when or how I did it, but I tweaked my knee today. I did climb in and out of the back of the truck a lot. Also on my hands and knees moving plants around under the lights. I find I spend almost as much time tending those plants as my outside garden. Now if I could just learn to do the outside one first when it was still cool.

CG, the guys who had the Chocolate event brought us a heaping to-go container the next day, so I have been nibbling all along.

Sdereski, if you have your video loaded to You Tube, just copy and paste the address. Nice pictures. How many fish did you guys catch.

Beeps, my fall plans are to garden less.

Welcome to the new guys and hello to everyone else. You guys have a good one,

Larro
  • jsfamily14
    jsfamily14 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new to posting..
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    larrodarro wrote: »
    Beeps, my fall plans are to garden less.

Larro

ha ha ha ha ha

Funniest thing, ever!

I will miss your photos.....I don't ever garden, myself, so I cannot really do less than zero.

• gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    Chest & Tris DONE!
  • sdereski
    Options
    Hi all,
    We caught one small lake trout. It weighed in at 4.55lbs. We had several releases, but nothing stuck!

Got my workout in yesterday - lots of strength, which I like. It was cool outside, but the rain stopped and it was okay to workout outside. My PT said she can see an improvement in us. :D
    Okay, hope the video works. Don't get sea sick. LOL.

https://youtu.be/ai_2GfNxA3o
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Lifting is done.

I am putting on a dress today. Heels. Make-up (believe me, this is HARD to do with only one good eye...). And off to 3 x meetings. No, it won't lead to any immediate work, but it IS the "start" of fall-networking.

BOOM!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    LEGS. DONE. TOAST!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I walked this morning for 35 minutes.

I am going walking with a gf after work.

And then I think I will drag hubby out for an evening walk.

The weather is TOO GOOD TO WASTE.

ZOOM!
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    Beeps2011 wrote: »

The weather is TOO GOOD TO WASTE.

ZOOM!

It was in the 60's here the last two mornings. Chilly.

• 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Feels like fall is on its way here. Suppose to warm up next week though.

Managed to get a workout in so that's two Kickboxing class and one kettlebell class this week. Took last night off since I couldn't get there for 5pm. Have my stuff packed for class tomorrow night but not holding my breath since it's really hard to get to 5pm class on Fridays.

Glad everyone is being some kind of movement in.

Beeps I agree that we shouldn't waste this weather (assuming it warms up).
  • nailgirl70
    nailgirl70 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I'm looking forward to the ceremony weather here in Florida. A break from the humidity would be great.

• gam3rguy
    Options
    Back & Bis DONE! blowin' off work today and goin' tubing! BOOYAH!
  • sdereski
    Options
    Strength workout done yesterday! Started planning our Muddy Moose 5km challenge which takes place in 2 weeks! Should be fun - there are 6 of us going. We just need to work on our moose call - never mind the running. :D

10lbs down as of this morning! YES! or "BOOM" as Beeps would say. :)
  • 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    sdereski, congrats!! The Muddy Moose sounds interesting. I've thought the Tough Mudder would be fun to do if I had a group to do it with, but I don't know many people who do it well enough to shoe horn myself in their group!

I did an awesome kickboxing workout last night, knees dripping in sweat (as was the rest of me). Felt absolutely fine. Woke up this morning and my back is killing me! I think it's the intercostal muscles in my ribs (I've had trouble since I injured the ligaments into the AC joint in the collarbone and then popped a rib out). I've taken an advil and tylenol and it's still killing. Trying to stretch but nothing is really helping. So tired of this!