40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• GlacierGirl907
    GlacierGirl907 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Been very busy with hunting season going on so haven't logged for a bit but I went up it weights so def getting stronger and have lost 2 more pounds. Just keep keepin on enjoy your weekend.
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    LEGS. DONE!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,993 Member
    Options
    Cardio done. ZOOM!

Yes, I have designed my "Fall Back Challenge". Ten weeks. All doable. Eye surgery is sept 4....so, good to concentrate on fatloss since weightlifting will be spotty (again). BOOM!
  • 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Well it was a bike ride, kettlebell and Kickboxing kind of morning here. Think I twisted my back earlier this week song the see saw rows in kettlebell. Have to be more careful with my form. No idea what we're doing today but we have a friend's kids bday party later.

Larro you are so much more ambitious in the garden then I. We really didn't do anything with ours at all and the weeds and mint took over, plus we had little rain last month and no one watered it.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    back & bis DONE!
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Went to the state fair yesterday. Walked for miles and miles. Saw lots of interesting people. If you think you are weird go to one of these and look around. :)
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    Went to the state fair yesterday. Walked for miles and miles. Saw lots of interesting people. If you think you are weird go to one of these and look around. :)

Walmart is right up there too. I went to get some kiddie swimming pools today, and saw my share of folks with character to spare. Also saw a classmate and my cousins who live just up the road. I go weeks without seeing them, but go to Walmart and run into them.

I picked up six pools for $30.00 along with a few of their reusable shopping bags at $.50 each. The bags will soon be full of no-till soil and little tomato and pepper plants, sitting in an inch of water in the pools. I'll post pictures when I get them going.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    Shoulders & Abs...DONE!
  • dawniemate
    dawniemate Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Hi guys I'm 47 year old mum of three strapping sons and the most beautiful granddaughter. I've lost 2 stone since January 2015 and am on the last 10lb which won't shift! I've just had shoulder surgery so it's taking a while to get back into running, reading these posts are inspirational. I'm in the UK so the weather's not great but still go out everyday before work. Keep up the good work! !!☺
  • moya_bleh
    moya_bleh Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Rest day for me. Ugh, getting withdrawal symptoms already! @dawniemate I'm in the UK too, did you get that thunderous downpour on Saturday evening?
  • dawniemate
    Options
    Yep....It was fantastic to watch but not great for the guttering lol...
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Lifting done! BOOM!

walking done! ZOOM!
  • Marinemomm
    Marinemomm Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hi gang! Just starting out on this journey! Loved reading all the posts on here!
  • rune1990
    rune1990 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I read this thread all the time but don't post :) However, I'm feeling super energetic after riding the exercise bike. I could use that all day cause its so quiet but DANG i get a sore butt!!! 30 min and I had to stop lol.

Is that just me?
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Welcome to the newbies....

And, all you 40+ veterans, what special fitness plans do you have for the fall?!?!

Let's share here and cheer each other on!
  • dawniemate
    Options
    Beeps2011 wrote: »

And, all you 40+ veterans, what special fitness plans do you have for the fall?!?!

My fitness plans are small run, 3miles each day except weekend! ! Not much change really, need to do a bit of lifting but my shoulder is still healing after surgery. .. any ideas would be appreciated just to mix it up.a bit !! Seems funny it being called the fall, in UK it's called autumn, have great days guys. :smile:
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    no lifting today. took a bit of a more out of the way path to work today. still got here on time. crap. :(

z9hlzmk66fxd.png
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    Beeps2011 wrote: »

autumn/winter=pick up heavy things and EAT!! I'm also doing a Spartan stadium sprint in November. there is a training for it this Saturday at same stadium. :)

• Beeps2011
    Options
    dawnie, in Canada, we use "autumn" and "fall" interchangeably.

gam3rguy....always nice to see that men who lift can eat. As a female lifter, I don't get very much food, at all (b/c I want to keep fat % down). :(

It's a lifting day! BOOM!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    :o:D:D