HappyGrape Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Can a 38 year old join you?

:smile:
    please
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    Good to see the cool kid regulars are back out in force today.

@tojo_73 Sounds like a fun day skiing. Been awhile since we had a family ski trp. Id be sore after a day on the slopes.

Survived a swim test today. 20 min warm ups, then 400yd test, 2 min rest, then 200 yd test, then recover. As I expected, I've lost some swim speed, but I lived through it.

On a related note, replaced my old Polar M400 with a Garmin 920XT this week. WOW. The thing is slick. It counts strokes, laps, time, etc. in both pool and open water swimming, and of course does all the bike, run and heart rate functions well. After the swim, I walked into the house and it picked up the wifi signal and uploaded my swim workout automatically. Its synced to both MFP and my Training Peaks account. Incredible what these devices can do.

Now I just need one that will do the swimming for me and I'll be all set. ;)

• b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 1,989 Member
    Options
    One more awesome day on the water today! Sunny and 80F, though a bit windy with some more than 'light chop' as forecasted (still say white caps means at least 'moderate chop'). Only did a little over an hour for 2.52 miles, but it was still a nice day. Know tomorrow is going to be cooler and windy and Saturday isn't looking much better, so I'm expecting them to be gym days.
  • misscagal
    misscagal Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Strength training and relaxed 3km done
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    TRX done. Have a great day everyone.
  • b3achy
    Options
    Yippie, got to the gym late, but at least I got there! Did some rowing for cardio, but still need some more miles in prep for a challenge, which I hope to get done at home later tonight. Got my usual strength training circuit in and done in record time...which all bets are off for next week after New Year's Day. Came home and had to wet vac the drip pan of my A/C unit to get it working again - it is on the ceiling of my garage, so a bit of ladder climbing, but got that done in record time too. Now to knock out some work and hope to get my planks and some more miles on my glider tonight after a few hours of work. Hope everyone is having a great Friday and has a wonderful New Year's Weekend!
  • gricks559
    gricks559 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    shakybabe wrote: »
    I can't remember if Ijoined if as there's so many posts on the last thread to work through!

But I'm 42, mostly clean eating (does chocolate count?) ?.. I try and only have chocolate 'cravings week' and rest of month am very healthy and low carb!

I might be going through peri-menopause, I'm experiencing some problems with my monthly cycle..been late, early, short, too often etc! ..... Weight loss is slow but it's happening in spurts.. some weeks nothing others 2-3lbs + water off from TOTM. I'm trying to lose 5lb a month and get to under 10st before end of February ..will be the first time in about 15 yrs I've been that weight!

Is anyone else trying to get back to weight they were when they were younger? ..it's still middle of my healthy range for my height but not sure how much age should come into it and whether I'll be able to stay at that weight easily. ( was aiming for 9st 3 which wii fit says I should be.. To finish the game)

I am having the same issue I don't see my post. If you figure it out please let me know gricks559
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "Body Beast Bulk: Chest"=Done!
  • misscagal
    misscagal Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    HIIT class done - he threw in extra abs just we'd end 2016 well. Russian twists with varying weight Medicine balls - just shredded the abs. Will truly enjoy wine and peppercorn steak tonight :)
  • b3achy
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Well, all I got done on the final day of 2016 was some long overdue planks. Still wasn't as many as I wanted, but it is what it is. At least I have a Manatee Paddle later today (1/1) to look forward to...should be fun!

:star: Happy New Year!! :star:
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "Body Beast Bulk: Legs"=Done!
  • MJFSH
    MJFSH Posts: 7,252 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year, Fittest Coolest kids on the block!

Friday: Shortcut to Size: Shoulders, Traps and Calves
    Saturday: Legs and Abs done!

today? resting the sore muscles and maybe a little yoga