40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• wndlady
    wndlady Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Leaving tomorrow for the in-laws house. Going to some awesomely tempting food (lasagna, seafood) without my normal workouts. Hoping to at least get some walking in or playing with the kids for exercise.
  • jenjenbaker
    jenjenbaker Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Looking for some motivation to get back on track. Had a great start to the year, but have taken some steps back.
  • tojo_73
    tojo_73 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Providence again this morning. Much better than Monday.
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    Reduced volume week this week. Short pool swim on Monday, my first time in the pool in 3 months - Lots of work to do there.

Yesterday's track workout done on the treadmill due to snow cover. 5 rounds of 5 minutes each, getting faster each round, fifth one run at 7:40 pace.

Easy 5 mile recovery paced run tonight.
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "Body Beast Bulk: Arms"=Done!
  • shellyld2016
    shellyld2016 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Still getting over being sick, but much better. Now to get back on track with exercise! Really can't wait to go on vacation in a few days!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Beautiful snowshoe again last night. Am loving the milder weather.
    Got home and baked a batch of cookies. They were not GF, so no worries there for me. :)
    My husband and sons do love them though. Will send some home with my son as his wife and baby are not feeling well.
    Christmas staff lunch today. And to say "good bye" to a couple of employees. One is retiring, the other relocating.

Have a great Thursday! Weekend's almost here! <3
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 1,990 Member
    Options
    Had a lovely 3.9 mile walk along the bay today...weather was a bit cool ~79F with a light breeze. Dreading heading north this weekend to visit family...ah, for so many reasons...but will make the best of it. Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and if you celebrate...Merry CHRISTmas and Happy Hanukkah!!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Body Beast Bulk: Shoulders"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    added tire flips! 41 with NO rest. followed with a bunch of "I don't knows". there's your cardio. the mill of treading be damned! :p
  • bonneycc
    bonneycc Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Elliptical and weights 3 times a week and just started yoga. My goal is the lose 20 more pounds.
  • Djproulx
    Options
    @b3achy - way to tough it out in 79 degree weather! ;)
    @gam3rguy - proving that there's more than one way to skin the cardio cat.

Enjoying the step back in volume this week. 6.5 mile marathon pace run this morning - done.

Easy paced 10 miler on the schedule for tomorrow.
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 1,990 Member
    Options
    Djproulx wrote: »
    @b3achy - way to tough it out in 79 degree weather! ;)
    @gam3rguy - proving that there's more than one way to skin the cardio cat.

Enjoying the step back in volume this week. 6.5 mile marathon pace run this morning - done.

Easy paced 10 miler on the schedule for tomorrow.

Yea, it was brutal, but someone had to do it, especially for all y'all in the frozen tundra up north. I didn't take this picture, but this was essentially my view yesterday during my walk...
    800px-Tampa_Bayshore_Blvd_looking_south01.jpg

Today is gym rat day as I need to get some strength training in since I know I'll miss on Monday as I'm going to be out of town. But pretty happy (since I've been slacking), this is going to be my third day of weights this week. But a bit tough since it's just as pretty out today as it was yesterday, and I'd rather be outside.

Tomorrow I head to the great white north, and I hear it will be in the 80's for Christmas here. Heavy sigh. I hope to at least get some walks in despite the frigid 50F weather where I'm headed ;)
  • tojo_73
    tojo_73 Posts: 213 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Providence (again) this morning. Hoping for some new DVDs this christmas. :)

The rains have returned so dreams of a white Christmas are literally melting away. Hopefully snow on the mountains though.
  • Djproulx
    Options
    Ten miles done this morning in 35 degree temps and a steady rain. Glad its over.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    48 tire flips...NO REST. followed by throwing the slam ball around...until I was "DONE". :p
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Body Beast Bulk: Chest"=Done!
  • Djproulx
    Options
    Rest day today. Merry Christmas to the Cool Kids.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    762q9ilvargm.gif

To all the Cool Kids!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,928 Member
    Options