40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    KrisJ125 wrote: »
    Do I need to start a 50+ thread, or is a 56 year old welcome here?
    I am about 7 lbs down (started at 145), my goal is 125. I have been eating fairly clean for quite a few years, but I have been on-off with fitness and portion control.

I am 56 as well, and they haven't kicked me out. :smile: Welcome!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Showed up for my Wednesday fitness classes and the first one was cancelled. Stayed at the gym and rowed for 35 minutes. The second class was a go, so got another 45 min of good mix of strength and cardio in. :)
    Not a bad day in the end.

@tojo_73 Oh, I feel for you. As @shellyld2016 , it will make home all the more sweeter.

Christmas Bridge party tonight. Not sure I am going to be able to fit a workout in.
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,141 Member
    Options
    Ugh, this morning, loaded up my board and my new paddle and headed to my usual launch location...white caps...now, when are white caps considered "light chop" per the forecast?! So, drove home, and unloaded the board. Wasn't feeling great, and didn't feel like battling the moderate chop, and know better than to go out in those conditions when I'm not feeling like I'm on my game. Bummer, since the forecast for the rest of the week doesn't look good (though if it is far off as today's forecast was...). There is always next week, I guess. :/

Feeling pretty meh today, but at least got my butt outside to do my CHRISTmas decorating, and some light gardening (trimming hedges, spraying for weeds, spraying perimeter of house for bugs). Not a huge calorie burn, but at least it was some activity for a couple of hours. Think my meh feeling is just peri-menopausal hormones kicking up...grrrr. This too shall pass. :confounded:
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "Body Beast Build: Chest/Tris"=Done!
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    I have a scheduled rest day today and I'm enjoying it. Legs were very heavy yesterday.
    This weekend's training will be done in cold and windy conditions. Tomorrow's workout is an 8.5mile tempo run that I expect will be fairly uncomfortable. Sunday will be an easy paced 14 miler...much more fun.

Happy Friday

• Resistive
    Resistive Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I am 45 and cool AF :smiley:

Finding no will power to get to the gym right now, it is damn cold, -32c / -25f

My spin cycle is calling my name, though I can barely hear it with all the clothes hanging on it ;-)
  • shellyld2016
    shellyld2016 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Resistive wrote: »
    I am 45 and cool AF :smiley:

Finding no will power to get to the gym right now, it is damn cold, -32c / -25f

My spin cycle is calling my name, though I can barely hear it with all the clothes hanging on it ;-)

Get it done! We aren't getting any younger here! Lol cold temps stink! Love having my gym in the basement! Legs and bum day done! Now to get in cardio!
  • tojo_73
    tojo_73 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    sdereski wrote: »
    Showed up for my Wednesday fitness classes and the first one was cancelled. Stayed at the gym and rowed for 35 minutes. The second class was a go, so got another 45 min of good mix of strength and cardio in. :)
    Not a bad day in the end.

@tojo_73 Oh, I feel for you. As @shellyld2016 , it will make home all the more sweeter.

Christmas Bridge party tonight. Not sure I am going to be able to fit a workout in.

I'm jealous you have bridge friends. My wife and I play SAYC socially but we haven't found partners yet. We tend to get made fun of by people who don't play. I don't understand how people can love Euchre and not want to play Bridge (adult Euchre :) )

• gam3rguy
    Options
    "Body Beast Build: Legs"=Done!
  • misscagal
    misscagal Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    HIIT class done.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Body Beast Build: Back/Bis"=Done!
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    gam3rguy wrote: »
    "Body Beast Build: Back/Bis"=Done!

@gam3rguy= machine :)
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Body Beast Build: Shoulders"=Done!
  • Samarisa
    Samarisa Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    44 and checking in! Lost well over half my body-weight over the past few years, but always gaining and losing above where I want to be now. Just need to learn mature consistency, I think. That impulse kid in a candy-store nonsense has to go.
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday all. If I believed in a past life, I was definitely a critic of the world's finest dark chocolate. I have tried magnesium, not having any in the house, yet I wake up and the first thing I want is dark chocolate. I could live off of it if I could. Anyways, TRX done. Will take hot barre later. Have a great day kids.
  • jetrok
    jetrok Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    what up
  • jetrok
    jetrok Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    looks cool and will be hitting the gym during lunch....plus im cool..lol