40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Replies

• Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Tuesdays are double session days. This morning did strength work with my trainer. This evening's track workout got changed to a treadmill run due to heavy rain. Did a 5 mile negative split run, some stretching and foam rolling then called it a night.
  • shellyld2016
    shellyld2016 Posts: 288 Member
    Back to weights for me today! Have a great day everyone!
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    "Body Beast Build: Back/Bis"=Done!
  • Djproulx
    gojaqs wrote: »
    Yesterday I went to my first bicycle training class. We use our own bikes and the routine is computerized. The season started six weeks ago and I had to jump in. 600 calories, and I almost threw up. :# Can't wait until next week. lol

So did you put your bikes on power based trainers and follow a course shown on a large screen? There's something highly motivating (and painful) about seeing everyone's power numbers (watts/rpm/etc) projected on the screen and trying to keep up. As a result, vomit sometimes happens. :)
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,094 Member
    Had a nice paddle yesterday. First tried out my new race board for just a few minutes. Going to be a good board to grow into since it's more board than I'm used to handling (felt a little like the Titanic compared to my short boards). It's the board in my avatar picture. After I went for a short paddle on my SUP surf board ~2.5 miles in just under an hour (strong wind from the south). Just nice to get back on the water after a couple of weeks of being cooped up due to not feeling great.

Today was gym day. Got my weights in, as well as that dastardly stair master (there is a stair challenge in one of my groups). Had to do some short intervals on the stair master, but finished my challenge with 2000 steps/stairs done between Monday and Today.

Tomorrow looks promising for a nice slow long paddle on one of my short boards (don't get the race board until Monday).

Hope everyone is having a great week!
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Still over 40. Can't seem to shake it.
  • Djproulx
    Timshel_ wrote: »

No worries there. Your fifties will make most "forties issues" irrelevant ;)

• rfamjardine
    rfamjardine Posts: 9 Member
    Hi all hope you all had a great day !!!!
  • MJFSH
    MJFSH Posts: 7,252 Member
    shortcut to size: Back, Biceps and Abs done
  • shellyld2016
    Shoulders and chest today! Done!
  • narak_lol
    narak_lol Posts: 855 Member
    An hour of weight training done!
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    "Body Beast Build: Shoulders"=Done! 4 hours 15 minutes of vacation left. :(
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member

You will shake it soon enough. Then in what feels like about two days you will be staring at 60.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 12,096 Member
    Waiting to board plane to Phoenix. Weather isn't going to be all that warm! Sure, decent walking weather, but certainly not pool weather. :(
  • shellyld2016
    Anyone here got your December goals in mind?
    I plan to be 5 lbs more down, switch up the cardio with step aerobics/ elliptical, and stay on point with my macros. Also looking to fine tune my weightlifting routine better. Need a workable plan for exercising during vacation at the end of the month. That will be tough! I won't have access to a gym or equipment! Ugh! I'm spoiled. Need to make a list of body weight exercises I can do to stay halfway on track! We will at least do a lot of walking.
  • burnfatty17
    burnfatty17 Posts: 89 Member
    Please add me
  • Djproulx

You will shake it soon enough. Then in what feels like about two days you will be staring at 60.

@allenpriest So true! I just realized that this summer I'll be racing in the men's 60-64 age group. How the heck did that happen?