40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,026 Member
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving to all in the US! Happy Thankful Thursday to all the Cool Kids...
    287224-Thankful-Thursday.jpg
  • MJFSH
    MJFSH Posts: 7,252 Member
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving cool kids!

Shortcut to Size: Shoulders, Traps, Calves done!
  • ronjsteele1
    ronjsteele1 Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Started my Thanksgiving morning by discovering I'd lost a pound. :-) My goal is to make it through the holiday with at least *some* loss - even if it's ounces. Back to lifting on Monday (my thigh muscle seems healed). Not sure about treadmill as my PF is still really bad. I'll see.
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "P90X2 X2 Recovery + Mobility"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "P90X2 P.A.P. Lower"=Done!
  • vikishick
    vikishick Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I like to think that I'm cool. I'm 40+ and appreciate discussing things with people of maturity and similar issues as me. Please add me to the group :)
  • tojo_73
    tojo_73 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    A half hearted mix of heavy weights while watching "the crash reel" on Netflix :)

Up to 3min on planks
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,946 Member
    Options
    sdereski wrote: »

Girls weekend coming up. So shopping, wine & dine time. Just hope I get enough steps in shopping. ;)

I have a girls' weekend next weekend....no shopping on the agenda, but I do want to control my eating.

I am just now starting into the "swing" of my calorie-restriction and it would be GREAT if I can stay strong until Xmas....and then begin January perhaps 7- or 8- lbs lighter (than I have been since tumor).

I lifted yesterday. I lift tonight. Cardio tomorrow. ZOOM!
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    Welcome new Cool Kids @cottonanddust and @vickishick.

With my kids home to visit this week, I've skipped workouts on two of the last three days. It has been a fun break and time well spent. Now its back to focused training. Tomorrow morning will be a 7 mile run at marathon pace, followed on Sunday by an easy paced 14 mile run.

I'm really trying to follow my coach's instructions to stay laser focused on keeping my heart rate in the prescribed zones during training. Later this week, we'll do a threshold test on the bike trainer to define my functional threshold power for biking. That will give us a stake in the ground by which to measure cycling fitness improvements made during the winter.

Enjoy the holiday weekend, Cool Ones.
  • misscagal
    misscagal Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Count me in. 41 father of 3. Own a manufacturing company and wife has cancer. She's 38. So to cope on my end, I ate alllllll my feelings and gained 48 pounds over the 3 years she's been sick. But I'm no good to anyone if I cannot be of healthy mind, body, and spirit. Also, my first is in junior high now so you'd think I be drinking now but alas. I'm also an ex- 2 pack a day smoker, 18 years free, cold turkey.
    Welcome! Hope your wife is now well and glad to see you are looking after you as well! Can relate to drinking (DS is in process of getting drivers license and mom has been picked as the victim, I mean teacher haha) Also quit cold turkey almost 21 years ago so totally get it as was a pack and a half a day smoker :p
  • MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
    Options
    misscagal wrote: »
    Count me in. 41 father of 3. Own a manufacturing company and wife has cancer. She's 38. So to cope on my end, I ate alllllll my feelings and gained 48 pounds over the 3 years she's been sick. But I'm no good to anyone if I cannot be of healthy mind, body, and spirit. Also, my first is in junior high now so you'd think I be drinking now but alas. I'm also an ex- 2 pack a day smoker, 18 years free, cold turkey.
    Welcome! :p

Me too. I started smoking in my early 20s for a few years, quit; started again in my 30s, quit & finally started back three years ago while caring for my biological father. I quit again & have been free for about a year now. I miss it; not the yucky smell or the outrageous money spent, but those first couple, first thing in the morning with a piping hot cup of coffee . . .

I swear cigarettes are the most addictive drug on the planet!
  • misscagal
    Options
    I still occasionally dream about smoking! just underlines the power of addiction even after all these years
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "P90X2 P.A.P. Upper"=Done!
  • misscagal
    Options
    HIIT class done
  • 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Usual workouts here, trying to change my eating habits to drop a few pounds. Mostly trying to limit carbs and avoid then on non workout days. I've been making and eating protein bites for my sweet treat in the evening. Bad time of year to engage a personal dietician/trainer. From Oct-Jan there is thanksgiving, Halloween, my birthday, hubbys birthday, Christmas and New year's! So far I've weathered 2 thanksgiving dinners, the kids with of Halloween candy, my birthday and one Christmas party. Going out drinking and dancing tonight (first time in a year!), next weekend is hubbys birthday and his work kids xmas party, weekend following is my work dinner party (open bar, awesome food). My will power usually consists of keeping stuff out of the house, I'm not so good at dating no when it's all there in front of me!

Seemed to have pulled my hip flexor too, think I did it weeks ago, thought it was improving and I've over stretched/used it in today's class and last night.
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,026 Member
    Options
    Hey Cool Kids! Well, I was a slug yesterday, but did a focused workout session today since I was feeling much better than I have been in the past couple of weeks. Had to do a Rockettes workout for a challenge for another group. Did some other stretching, planks, kettlebell, and my glider too. Don't think I over did it, but now I'm feeling like yuck again (chills and stomach ache)...maybe I'll take a nap, though I've got a ton of things I need to get done.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend! Hoping to get out and get the Christmas decorations put up tomorrow after church. We'll see how I'm feeling.
  • MJFSH
    MJFSH Posts: 7,252 Member
    Options
    Shortcut to size: legs and abs
    And
    Chisel: Total body done! Now, I can barely walk