40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    Loss is stalled. :/

Mine too, but I'm actually at my original goal weight, so I guess you could call it maintenance.
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "Body Beast Build: Legs"=Done!
  • Sassia
    Sassia Posts: 460 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Fed up of work. I want Christmas holidays to start... I'm not off work until Wednesday. If anyone needs me I'll be over there in the miserable corner!

I walked to work today because I knew I wasn't going to be in the mood for actually exercising!

Oh and what I came on here for was to say I can't add people from my phone but happy for others to add me
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Morning kids, Barre/Ballet done. Congrats Allen on starting your own thing. I wish the best for you. Have a great day everyone.
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Cool Kids. It is cold. Damn cold! We got a good dumping of snow yesterday and then temps plummeted. Last night, although it was freezing, it was too beautiful a night not to get out snowshoeing. So, did 70 minutes of snowshoeing with a full moon and snow laden trees. It was wonderful!

@allenpriest - congratulations on quitting your job! It's important that one recognizes what it is they have to do for themselves. Work / life balance is key. In the end, if you haven't got your health, what the heck was it all for? At 55, you still have many good years left. Enjoy them. :)

welcome new cool kids.
  • MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
    Options
    Quit my job yesterday. I've been working like crazy for a month getting ready to do just that. As a licensed professional I am moving my practice from the firm where I was and am starting my own thing. For now I am going to work from home.
    So I have not had much workout time for several weeks although I did 8 miles Saturday in the woods with my backpack for weight.
    I get an hour + of commute time back. I never thought at 55 I'd be doing this but I know it is what I need to be doing right now.

May 2017 bring you health, happiness & SUCCESS!

• nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,101 Member
    Options
    I don't hit 40 until next summer, so I guess I'll check back in at that time! lol
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    @B3achy - keep those warm weather reports coming. Enjoy reading them as we endure winter.
    @allenpriest - congrats on your decision. Best wishes for 2017.

Treadmill run today, rest day tomorrow, then two long runs in foul weather this weekend. The joys of winter run training! Will soon change from 5 runs to 4/week, so we can add in a second bike workout weekly.

I'm also fresh out of excuses with my coach, so I'll be restarting pool swims. My hope is that by starting now I won't die when the formal swim clinic starts in January. ;)

Hello and welcome to all the New Cool Ones.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,942 Member
    Options
    Quit my job yesterday. I've been working like crazy for a month getting ready to do just that. As a licensed professional I am moving my practice from the firm where I was and am starting my own thing. For now I am going to work from home.
    So I have not had much workout time for several weeks although I did 8 miles Saturday in the woods with my backpack for weight.
    I get an hour + of commute time back. I never thought at 55 I'd be doing this but I know it is what I need to be doing right now.

ilove that you quit!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,942 Member
    Options
    Just working out, these days. And maintaining. I will start losing poundage (again!) in the new year. BOoM!
  • Misnomer971
    Misnomer971 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Quit my job yesterday.
    Wow! Congratulations!! I'm lucky enough to be in a field where I could become a consultant, but at the moment I'm way too lazy to work for myself. :)

• misscagal
    misscagal Posts: 195 Member
    Options

Best wishes for starting out on your own!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Body Beast Build: Back/Bis"=Done!
  • wndlady
    wndlady Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    This looks like a motivating place to be :). I am a 42 yo homeschooling mom of 5 (high school down to pre-school) with all that entails. Started Taekwondo with my older children 3 years ago for stress and fitness and am currently up to a blue belt. I have lost 10 of the 25 pounds I need to lose, but need to be more consistent with calories and possibly add in some workouts on the days I don't have tkd.
  • misscagal
    misscagal Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    5km done
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Body Beast Build: Shoulders"=Done!