"Beyond Diet"...have you tried it? Looking for opinions

Options
I found this website called "Beyond Diet" and was wondering if anyone has tried it out. It cost around $50 to join and they give you tips on proper diet and lots of recipes to try out. They advocate "clean eating" and explain how fat burning happens in your body and what foods you have to avoid that hinders fat loss. Just wondering if its worth it or not? Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.

Replies

• mransom1970
    mransom1970 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I am a member, great recipes and information.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,565 Member
    Options
    I hear fad....
  • aprilgicker
    aprilgicker Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Save your money ask your questions here.
  • Katiemarie4488
    Katiemarie4488 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I agree...
    Ask Questions here.

There is no secret to weight loss... be conious of what you eat, record it, and exercise.
    Calories In Vs. Calories out.

If your inerested in eating clean, google "clean eating recipies"
    Start a group on here for clean eaters.

Save your money. You already know what to do!
  • Angelangi
    Angelangi Posts: 35
    Options
    I just looked it up and found this on youtube.. its not so much the vid,, its the comments made after it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxvU578wM5g
  • suztheq
    suztheq Posts: 171
    Options
    Sounds like a great site, though I prefer to do my own research and look for recipes through MFP, etc or modify "normal" recipes. It's free and takes only a little more effort. Why put money in someone else's pocket when you there is a wealth of information out there pro bono? Just a thought... :smile:
  • ellekay22
    ellekay22 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I have the program. It worked for me - for awhile. it's almost like changing religions. I just couldn't keep up with it.
  • kaned_ferret
    kaned_ferret Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    nope, don't see the point in paying out when this site has all the information and tools you need for free!

Plus, just from watching their vid, they're talking about foods you should "never" eat, and foods that will "make you burn fat".

Just the fact that they claim that food choices are way more important than calories in or exercise calories out for weight loss says to me it's advertising, nothing more. There aren't things you have to rule out, there's no price you have to pay to know that eating less, and moving more is the way to lose weight!
  • NathanBanks3
    Options
    It sounds to me that this "Beyond Diet" website is more of what you can get here for FREE! Unless there's some sort of money back guarantee I'd be very hesitant to join. There are many such websites that feed on our overweight problems just to make money. By the way there's also another FREE website called caloriecount.com which I was using in the past until they started spamming my email repeatedly every time someone wrote something. I hope this helps you make a good decision that's right for you.
  • kerry0521
    kerry0521 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I think there is an element of fad and hype to the site...that said, I know people who have used it with success. The recipes my friends have shared with me are all solid, healthy clean foods that anyone would lose weight on if they ate that cleanly on a consistent basis. So the question is do you need to pay to find out what foods to eat. Or do you know this already?

Current research shows that the foods you eat are more important to weight loss than the simple calories in-out formula would lead you to believe, so if you struggle with that aspect then it is important that you get some guidance. Yes calories count, but the first thing you need to do is start eating foods that nourish you and give you energy, then start worrying about calories.
  • Twoboysmom2
    Options
    I don't really think it's a fad, as some people have said, there is some truth that food combinations have an effect on our digestion and metabolism. Calories are important, and so is the quality of food you eat. Is there any other site that you know of that are free and give out some of this information?
  • kaned_ferret
    kaned_ferret Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I don't really think it's a fad, as some people have said, there is some truth that food combinations have an effect on our digestion and metabolism. Calories are important, and so is the quality of food you eat. Is there any other site that you know of that are free and give out some of this information?

You're already here :)

Seriously, the basics are the best, eat less calories, expend more energy. To take that a step further, change the types of food you eat to (more) un-processed foods, and you will find you can eat more whilst still being at a calorie defecit. This change will probably improve you general energy levels as your gut isn't having to work overtime to mulch its way through heavy c**p. You end up feeling fuller for longer, and yet never have to feel that horrible over stuffed, sluggish ickness ever again. The guys here have the best combination of experience and sound knowledge to provide good answers, so stick around, ask what you want to know, and see how you like it.
  • cindy4mica
    cindy4mica Posts: 777 Member
    Options

This^^
  • kerry0521
    kerry0521 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Lol

"Determine Your Metabolism Type

Learning your metabolism type will help you to lose weight in a safe and healthy manner, once and for all, and achieve optimum wellness."

"Ideal Food Ratios

See what percentage of proteins, fats, and carbohydrates are ideal for your Metabolism Type. "

"Glycemic Index Chart

You can help make better dieting strides by leveraging the Glycemic Index Chart to help you make choices on ideal, low-sugar foods. "
  • Riyam
    Riyam Posts: 25
    Options
    Her book doesn't have anything out of the ordinary. All can be found online with more research and one's own trial and error.

Some of her advice seem to be a "copy and paste" from other online articles that I stumble upon sporadically, which are not necessarily backed up by scientific research/journals.

Another way she makes money is by sending annoying emails promoting other Dietitians and Trainers where she swears by their diet plans which is incredibly confusing & annoying to new dieters, because a lot of whom she's promoting contradict her very own diet book.
  • kerryd73
    kerryd73 Posts: 28
    Options
    I just purchased this yesterday. It wouldn't hurt to try it out is my suggestion. I am a little discouraged personally by it because they do not focus on calories in vs. calories out. More, ratios of carbs/proteins/fats per meal. It is very much clean organic eating. I am not agreeing with what they are telling me is my "maintanance" caloric goal (something like in the 3000s) NOT! If you decide to buy it, I am warning you now that they have very clever tactics to get you to spend more so be aware. There are statements such as, "I agree that if I do not choose to purchase this now at a 70% off retail discount, I will never be able to get this nor will it ever be offered to me again". Honestly, I wish I would have done more research here on MFP before I purchased everything there.
  • virtin
    virtin Posts: 8
    Options
    Just curious ACG67, is that really you in the picture ????? If so you should be proud of the way your looking. Does the 67 mean year of birth ? If so, you are smashing for your age, Im the same age and can only PRAY that I would ever look that muscular. Just sayin.
  • MyFeistyEvolution
    MyFeistyEvolution Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options

Agreed. You do not need to pay anyone to learn about weight loss. There is plenty of free information on the internet and on free sites like MFP.

You just have to want it and be willing to dedicate time to planning and making it happen.
  • MyFeistyEvolution
    MyFeistyEvolution Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Just curious ACG67, is that really you in the picture ????? If so you should be proud of the way your looking. Does the 67 mean year of birth ? If so, you are smashing for your age, Im the same age and can only PRAY that I would ever look that muscular. Just sayin.

Ooooh it's him alright...

:love: