"Beyond Diet"...have you tried it? Looking for opinions

Options

Replies

• xiofett
    xiofett Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Call me cynical, but this thread seems to have become a shill party.

Consider me in the "why pay for what you can get for free here and with a few simple google searches" crowd. Unless you *like* giving your money away, in which case I'll aggregate some google searches, point to a few youtube videos and only charge you $19.99. ;)
  • Tiffanie0407
    Options
    I say save your money my mom tried weight watchers and hated it!Google for free internet has everything you need to know! Eat less burn more its not what u eat its how much you eat,
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options

Consider me in the "why pay for what you can get for free here and with a few simple google searches" crowd. Unless you *like* giving your money away, in which case I'll aggregate some google searches, point to a few youtube videos and only charge you $19.99. ;)

Shill party is right. So many 1 post adherents. I hear they have "coaches" too.
    Do it here for free. Spend your money on healthy food or a new amusement.
    MFP has great FREE tools and lots of knowledgeable people around who aren't charging to help you.
  • sgerstbacher
    Options
    sounds like a lot of Paleo elements in this diet
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options

Shill party is right. So many 1 post adherents. I hear they have "coaches" too.
    Do it here for free. Spend your money on healthy food or a new amusement.
    MFP has great FREE tools and lots of knowledgeable people around who aren't charging to help you.

This^ Strange how many people only have one post(this one) to their name on here and ALL are "interested" in Beyond Diet...
  • blbrandstatter
    blbrandstatter Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    i'm a member and love it. the way i see it is that all of the information, that i could easily waste days looking for, is in one place. i like the program itself and it outlines in easy terms, what i need to do to maintain my weight...it's a more comprehensive site that myfitnesspal, but there are a lot of similarities.
  • barrettrod
    Options
    I think Beyond Diet is worth it for a few reasons: 1. If you are still trying, you haven't been able to succeed on your own; 2. She provides a list of what you can eat so you can limit yourself to a nutritious diet; 3. She provides a daily log of what you are eating so you can track it. Furthermore, it's not expensive and it's an investment in yourself and well-being. As someone else noted, it is up to you though. If you don't stick to the plan, you won't succeed. Best of luck!
  • tdelam
    tdelam Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Personally, I wouldn't take anyone with 1 post seriously.

I am wondering about this program as well. I am not wondering about just this program but anything. I need a way to consistently make meals and lunches and such as I am getting real tired of eating the same things over and over because I know they're healthy, I need recipes! lists! i dunno, something!
  • marsha3x
    marsha3x Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    It's true about the information Beyond Diet gives you, all that info is free and accessible if you know where to look for it and who to talk to. What you're paying for with the membership to Beyond Diet is the "legwork". They give you meal plans, research of lists of food not to eat, lists of food TO eat, and etc. It's like Weight Watchers, all this stuff is common sense, but people go to Weight Watchers and pay XX of dollars every week to get weighted, go to a meeting, and absorb in all the info Weight Watchers has collected/created over all these years. - That's not really a "scam" it just depends on whether or not you have the time and effort to put into researching all this info on your own and creating your menu plan for yourself vs. buying a menu plan someone else already made.
  • marsha3x
    marsha3x Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    tdelam - I think the first statement in your comment was kinda rude. I wouldn't take anyone who is RUDE too seriously.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    tdelam - I think the first statement in your comment was kinda rude. I wouldn't take anyone who is RUDE too seriously.

Actually, I know what they are trying to say. In this post and others you get a LOT of single post, just joined, no photo answers. Many times they come across as people who are pushing or selling a specific diet or product. I too often ignore them because they scream spam. You would be different in the fact that, while you are new, you have a profile and picture.

Take the poster right before theirs. Signed up and the SAME day posted on here about how awesome the diet is. No picture, no profile information, and this is their only post. Hard to take something like that seriously.
  • I agree. It's 10% exercise and 90% food. It is also eating whole foods and eating and exercising as well as resting (sleep) at the right times. That said, we are an overworked nation and that is why we are overweight.
    We really should be spending less time working and more time interacting socially and enjoying the world. Stress causes weight gain and disease!
  • footiechick82
    footiechick82 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    The list below of the 5 foods to never eat may surprise you if you’re on a fast weight loss diet.
    1. Orange juice – contains very high sugar content which will disrupt your body’s blood sugar and insulin levels.
    2.Artificial sweeteners – cause weight gain as they are perceived as a toxin to the body.
    3.Whole wheat bread – wheat products have been shown to quickly turn into sugar in the body.
    4.Fake butters – are made from unhealthy, unnatural ingredients perceived as toxins in the body.
    5.Soy products – have been shown to disrupt hormone levels and negatively affect the thyroid.

I'm thinking of joining, not that I have a lot of weight to drop, but ideas for recipes and someone to ask questions to... might help.
  • veryfiery
    Options
    I watched the video on their site and here is the info in a nutshell to help guide you...and everyone is right you don't need to pay for information but if you feel the tool will be useful and motivating to you then do it!

Bad food
    • Sugar is bad!!!
    • Orange juice
    • Whole wheat bread
    • Low cal dressing
    • Granola
    • Cereal
    • Crackers
    • Artificial sweeteners
    • High fructose corn syrup
    • Processed soy products

Bad Fats:
    • Hydrogenated oil
    • Substitute Fake butter
    • Margarine
    • Canola and vegetable oil

Good food

Good carbs
    • Sprouted grain bread made with rice or spelt
    • Quinoa
    • Millet
    • Sweet potatoes
    • Fruit and vegetables

Good Fats:
    • Butter
    • Coconut oil
    • Eggs
    • Olive oil
    • Avocado
    • Raw nuts
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options

I'm thinking of joining, not that I have a lot of weight to drop, but ideas for recipes and someone to ask questions to... might help.

You can get that here for free so why pay?
  • ppalaka
    Options
    I joined the "Beyond Diet" and found it very helpful. She does advocate all organic food and it can be very expensive. I found many recipes that were good. It seems pretty difficult or even impossible to followt 100% but it gives many ideas on how to eat healthy. I think it was worth the money.
  • way2silly
    way2silly Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    First I apologize to anyone that might be upset by me commenting as a first timer. I'm not here to encourage anyone to use any particular program.

I've been reading through the posts here and I see several people saying that the only way to lose weight is to count your calories and burn more than you eat. Can someone explain why they think that is the only way to lose weight?

1.) You cannot possibly be healthy without some consideration to the types of foods you eat.
    2.) High calorie foods would restrict a person to much smaller portions per day than healthier lower calorie food would.

If I decided to eat Twinkies until I reached my caloric quota and then did my exercise, surely that sugar high would not be a decent way to lose weight (if it worked.) How about Alcohol? I could chose to drink 4 glasses of Sangria tonight and skip dinner. That alcohol and sugar high is certainly not good for my liver.

I do make note of the graph that is included on MyFitnessPal each day that breaks down the types of calories I consume each day. I do believe it's important to have a balanced diet.

I think we all need to understand that some dieters need more support, encouragement, ideas recipes or help. For some would make a new program easier to follow if things were spelled out without the time spent searching the web. Lazy? Busy? Maybe. Everyone is different, their needs are different and no one diet is right for everyone.
  • Mherald1
    Options
    It's a combination of eating healthy and exercising. Like my Doctor told me "You can eat all the healthy food you want, but if there isn't a deficit of calories, you won't lose weight."
  • jcots
    jcots Posts: 1
    Options
    No fried foods? Yeah, I can still be healthy without the diet. Health has much more involved than just by what you eat. Genetics, exercise, getting enough rest, predisposition to not getting disease, environment, and mental health are just some of the others. If a diet forbade me from eating food that I actually enjoy eating, then I'd resent that diet. And resent doesn't bring me any happiness, which happens to be another healthy marker.
  • danceyb
    danceyb Posts: 1
    Options
    I think the recipes are good because they really take out the sugar and gluten. The ingredients to buy for them I found to be extremely expensive in these hard times. One loaf of sprout grain bread was 4.50 and Walnut butter was 12.00. Almond flour was 6.50 I like the recipes but I cant afford them.