visalus, it works now skinny fiber???

Options
bjs06
bjs06 Posts: 316 Member
My facebook went crazy with Visalus then, It works Body Wraps and now Im seeing something about Skinny Fiber? Before I start telling people off about how stupid they are for falling into these fad diet traps - can someone update me on skinny fiber? What is it? Have you tried it? Does it work? Typical results? Any information. I looked up reviews but of course its all reviews by the brand itself or people who sell it...typical. Thanks guys!

Ps. its cool if you have a good review! im not knocking it yet.. i just know how the other fad diets work which is that they dont..at least not long term! just looking for some info! i write a blog and mention a lot about my feelings on fad diets and i will prob get some questions from people on what i think of the product. i want to be well educated! :) thanks!!

Replies

• bjs06
    Options
    no one? really? boooo!
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Lollercoaster, $90 for about 60g of bulk fiber?

labelSmallNew.jpg
  • melbaby925
    melbaby925 Posts: 613
    Options
    $$$90! Why wouldn't you just fill up on miracle noodles or cardboard for that matter? Both are cheaper.

No way am I touching that one...but thanks for posting - I hadn't heard of it and now I'll stay clear!

$90...*shakes head while walking away*

Edit: corrected my sunday lazy spelling
  • desert_rhino
    desert_rhino Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Buy a bulk package of psyllium husk powder and mix a large spoonful of it in water or juice. If you use a tart cherry juice or something similar, you'll get basically the same benefits for a hell of a lot less money. Fiber is fiber.
  • bjs06
    Options
    I don't want to try the product. I eat enough fibre and don't need a supplment i just want to know if anyone has tried it. Basically I want the go ahead to start telling people who ask me not to use it.
  • mrsloganlife
    mrsloganlife Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Haven't heard of Skinny Fiber, tried ViSalus for about 8 weeks until I got lactose intolerant (and now just thinking about it makes my stomach cringe), but I tend to avoid those plans. I lost about a pounds a week with ViSalus, but gained it right back after I quit. Blech.

Although ViSalus keeps sending me stuff...how many times do I have to call and tell them I want nothing to do with their product?
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Judging from the ingredients it's just a marketing ploy for people to buy INSANELY overpriced fiber. -_- good god, someone get these people some Metamucil,
  • bjs06
    Options
    hahahah rainbowbow - thats exactly what i said! i wrote a status earlier on my facebook with a list of fibre-rich foods and told everyone to save their time and money and just put those foods into their meals. what a crock of **** eh??

yeh, visalus is bull**** as well. clearly turning two of your meals into 200 calorie smoothies is going to make you loose weight. but its not gonna keep it off. so many people were pushing that on my fb. now none of them do it anymore and they are at square one. healthy food and exercise is apparently rocket science.
  • dcooperp
    Options
    Not sure about skinny fiber but I lost 33 lbs on Visalus and have kept it off for over a year. Hubby lost 31 lbs.kept it off for over a year. He maintains by having a shake when he feel he needs it. I am wanting to lose more so I do 2 shakes a day, with healthy snacks in between and a great lunch or dinner. My calories is roughly 1200 - 1500 a day. Some days I am not as hungry as other days but I still try to get my calories in.
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    With a name like skinny fiber, it's bound to b̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶g̶i̶m̶m̶i̶c̶k̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶r̶o̶b̶ ̶i̶d̶i̶o̶t̶s̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶i̶r̶ ̶m̶o̶n̶e̶y̶ work!
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Why don't I come up with this stuff??? smh.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    Why don't I come up with this stuff??? smh.
    because you have scruples?
  • dcooperp
    Options
    What works for you may not work for others. "Those saying it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those doing it" :) Happy Sunday!
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    What works for you may not work for others. "Those saying it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those doing it" :) Happy Sunday!

Wow, did they teach you all the trite little sayings at Body by Vi school?? lol
  • dcooperp
    Options

WOW!! mmapags so mature! God still loves you! As we say in the South "Bless your heart"
  • Sweetsugar0424
    Sweetsugar0424 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried visalus and refuse to, haven't heard of skinny fiber, but as others have said, fiber is fiber, plain and simple and I'd rather have it in food.

As for 'it works', my mom just told me about this one the other day and said she saw someone get a wrap done and actually saw the skin tighten up a bit from it. Of course it's not a miracle fix, but something I'm tempted to treat myself to when I get to my goal weight. We'll see...
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    ...Your SN indicates to me that you are a visalus promoter. If you start peddling that *kitten* in the forums and preying on unsuspecting weightloss newbs that don't know better, I will be swift to report you. I hope that's plain enough for you, bless your heart.
    I think I love you. :bigsmile:
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    ...Your SN indicates to me that you are a visalus promoter. If you start peddling that *kitten* in the forums and preying on unsuspecting weightloss newbs that don't know better, I will be swift to report you. I hope that's plain enough for you, bless your heart.

Back off she's mine. *nod*
  • dcooperp
    Options

WOW!! mmapags so mature! God still loves you! As we say in the South "Bless your heart"

I've heard that "Bless your Heart" is synonymous with "Go *kitten* yourself". I'm from Philly. We say what we mean.
    Your SN indicates to me that you are a visalus promoter. If you start peddling that *kitten* in the forums and preying on unsuspecting weightloss newbs that don't know better, I will be swift to report you. I hope that's plain enough for you, bless your heart.

MoreBean your commit is so far from the truth. "Bless your heart" is a phrase used to excuse themselves for speaking ill of someone else...at least that's what I use it for. As for as peddling - you will see from my previous postings I have only shared my experiences. It does not matter to me what any one does to meet their health goals. Just trying to help. I see some people are not open to what others think. So I gracefully bow out of this forum. If it makes you feel better....YOU WIN :)
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options

You might have to fight me for her.

:love:
This discussion has been closed.