visalus, it works now skinny fiber???

Options

Replies

• lesita75
    lesita75 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    What works for you may not work for others. "Those saying it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those doing it" :) Happy Sunday!

Wow, did they teach you all the trite little sayings at Body by Vi school?? lol

WOW!! mmapags so mature! God still loves you! As we say in the South "Bless your heart"

I've heard that "Bless your Heart" is synonymous with "Go *kitten* yourself". I'm from Philly. We say what we mean.
    Your SN indicates to me that you are a visalus promoter. If you start peddling that *kitten* in the forums and preying on unsuspecting weightloss newbs that don't know better, I will be swift to report you. I hope that's plain enough for you, bless your heart.

It's official.....I have my first girl crush!!! :love: :love:
  • kejurek
    kejurek Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I've got to say I was a little disappointed when reading this forum. I work for Beachbody and am in no way connected with Visalus but I hate to see people attacking others for trying to help on these forums. The question was about a Visalus Product. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. The skinny fiber may be great for some people and not so great for others. END OF STORY. We're all different. To attack someone for trying to help is just ridiculous. We are ALL here to help one another. I've never seen such disrespect on MyFitnessPal in my entire life. I think we all need to sit back and think about why you're here in the first place and what these forums are used for.
  • jonchew
    jonchew Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Not sure about skinny fiber but I lost 33 lbs on Visalus and have kept it off for over a year. Hubby lost 31 lbs.kept it off for over a year. He maintains by having a shake when he feel he needs it. I am wanting to lose more so I do 2 shakes a day, with healthy snacks in between and a great lunch or dinner. My calories is roughly 1200 - 1500 a day. Some days I am not as hungry as other days but I still try to get my calories in.

You could have accomplished the same thing by managing your intake to a healthy calorie deficit wihout a bunch of overpriced proprietary products with vague ingredients. But then of course you wouldn't have such a great testimonial for you prospects and your downlines would you?

HEY... I'm on pretty-much the dame diet plan - except that when I'm hungry, I replace those shakes with something like pumpkin seeds, Greek yogurt or fruit... you know, food? Ask yourself if it's the shake, or your calorie deficit that's allowed you to lose the excess tonnage.

I'm sure that with concentration, exercise and willpower, we can help you shake your shake habit - I'm rooting for ya!!
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    I've got to say I was a little disappointed when reading this forum. I work for Beachbody and am in no way connected with Visalus but I hate to see people attacking others for trying to help on these forums. The question was about a Visalus Product. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. The skinny fiber may be great for some people and not so great for others. END OF STORY. We're all different. To attack someone for trying to help is just ridiculous. We are ALL here to help one another. I've never seen such disrespect on MyFitnessPal in my entire life. I think we all need to sit back and think about why you're here in the first place and what these forums are used for.

Nah, this thread restores my faith in the MFP community.

It's not disrespectful. It's a product. No one has to like it or support it just because you're trying to sell it.

Stop with the "everyone is different" nonsense. Eating healthy food and exercising works for everyone. No one who does that needs magic shakes. They are inferior. Period. Fad diet, overpriced, weight loss SCAM.

What's great about MFP is the site doesn't give free reign to salespeople. The people here really do care about giving good advice and teaching people to lose weight and get in shape the right way. Not helping you make your mortgage payment.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options

Nah, this thread restores my faith in the MFP community.

It's not disrespectful. It's a product. No one has to like it or support it just because you're trying to sell it.

Stop with the "everyone is different" nonsense. Eating healthy food and exercising works for everyone. No one who does that needs magic shakes. They are inferior. Period. Fad diet, overpriced, weight loss SCAM.

What's great about MFP is the site doesn't give free reign to salespeople. The people here really do care about giving good advice and teaching people to lose weight and get in shape the right way. Not helping you make your mortgage payment.

Awesome post Brett!! That's the thing, you Beachbody people and Body by Vi people all talk like you drank the cool aid. You say you want to help people but you can only be succesful by selling products and building a downline. It's about commercial promotion not helping people and that's why it draw such a visceral reaction from may of us. Steve Troutman's posts, as an example, try to help people. The Visalus contingent is trying to pawn off inferior products at a ridiculous price and calls it helping people. You may or may not be able to see that based on the amount of cool aid you've ingested. But that is the fact of the matter.
  • Bakkasan
    Bakkasan Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    We are ALL here to help one another. I've never seen such disrespect on MyFitnessPal in my entire life. I think we all need to sit back and think about why you're here in the first place and what these forums are used for.

You must have never seen a low carb or paleo post before. They turn into a pissing contest over the details of how or why those diets work, whining about how restrictive they feel it is, etc without actually adding anything to the OP's request. EliteWhining™ about crossfit too.

That being said, it is still overpriced just like the rest of Vi's product. I am sure it is fine, and it works, but there are equally effective products out there at less than half the cost.
  • lmbs1966
    lmbs1966 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Ive got to say I was a little disappointed when reading this forum. I work for Beachbody and am in no way connected with Visalus but I hate to see people attacking others for trying to help on these forums. The question was about a Visalus Product. Everyone is disrespect on MyFitnessPal in my entire life. I think we all need to sit back and think about why you're here in the first place and what these forums are used for.'entitled to their own opinions. The skinny fiber may be great for some people and not so great for others. END OF STORY. We're all different. To attack someone for trying to help is just ridiculous. We are ALL here to help one another. I've never seen such
    AMEN
  • Mandarz
    Mandarz Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I havent used skinny fiber.. might be willing to try it if it was cheap enough/free its just a fiber filler.
    I DO USE PGX , my doctor recommended it and it is also a fiber filler ( in an oil base to help keep you feel satieated ) and It does seemt to work for me at least to curb my sugar cravings!
  • musycnlyrics
    musycnlyrics Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    **peeks in**

I use Visalus shakes as breakfast replacements. I do not promote, sell, or beat people over the head with the company jargon... I like the shakes, they keep me in my cal range and help me eat breakfast every day.
    When I have time to cook breakfast, I do. When I dont, I toss the shake mix, banana and almond milk in the blender while I make my childrens oatmeal, etc.

I fully understand that the shakes are super low calorie and if you replace two meals with them, weight loss is almost like a side effect. I also understand that if you depend on the shakes alone, without learning proper nutrition, you will gain weight after you stop them.

I did not fall for a "scam", I actually feel like I made a great move buying the mix. For fifty bucks, I have something that keeps me on plan and curbs my temptation to grab McDonald's for breakfast in the mornings. I wouldn't recommend Visalus to a person who is going to use it solely to lose weight as they are guaranteed to fail. I WOULD recommend it to someone who is like me: knows how to do the right things, just short on time.

I'm not sure why people are so "up-in-arms" about it. I haven't seen a promoter on MFP and everyone seems genuinely interested in sharing their knowledge and helping each other through life experiences.

Did Visalus MAKE me lose weight? No.
    Did it HELP me on my journey? Yes.

You can't toss everyone in the same pot...
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Usually a pusher when they start dragging up old threads.
  • telam1186
    telam1186 Posts: 14
    Options
    I second the motion. Some people are so quick to bash others, it's ridiculous.
  • april1445
    april1445 Posts: 334
    Options
    Maybe it's like PGX? I think there are studies that prove PGX works. Also, I tried Visalus for a while (intolerant to soy I discovered), and it's not that bad. It's easy and not any more expensive than other commercial programs. It wasn't for me, but I can see how it would be good for some.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    On the other hand, there are also some who just want to help newbies so they don't get suckered by worthless diet scams like these. Salespeople peddling diet scams who prey upon other peoples' desperation to lose weight deserve to be "bashed" because they're putting their own profit over other peoples' health.
  • mmapags
    Options
    On the other hand, there are also some who just want to help newbies so they don't get suckered by worthless diet scams like these. Salespeople peddling diet scams who prey upon other peoples' desperation to lose weight deserve to be "bashed" because they're putting their own profit over other peoples' health.

QFT
  • Mischieviousme777
    Mischieviousme777 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    but there are equally effective products out there at less than half the cost.

indeed there are. They're called groceries. You can take the weight off many different ways, but if you want the change to be permanent then you have to change permanently. Are you gonna pop a fiber pill or drink a MR shake for the rest of your life? Or would it be easier and more sustainable to just eat that baked chicken breast with brown rice and steamed veggies?
    Pass me the chicken, please, because I'm playin for keeps!
  • angelacrawley9
    Options
    I can tell you for a fact that Skinny Fiber does work, I have been on it for 6 months, nothing replaces eating healthy and exercise, but for someone like me that has back and leg problems it has been a blessing. It doesn't work overnight, or promise too which is why alot of my friends aren't interesed even though I am down 41 pounds in 6 months. People want a quick fix. This is a supplement that slowly rids your body of toxins. It may not be for everyone, and you can do what one person suggested-go out and buy all the ingredients yourself, but for me it is a easy add on to my hectic life, easy to incorporate into my lifestyle. I love it and at 40 years old and having been in a size 16 since High School, and am now in a size 10 and still losing, I am happy that I found it.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    I can tell you for a fact that Skinny Fiber does work, I have been on it for 6 months, nothing replaces eating healthy and exercise, but for someone like me that has back and leg problems it has been a blessing. It doesn't work overnight, or promise too which is why alot of my friends aren't interesed even though I am down 41 pounds in 6 months. People want a quick fix. This is a supplement that slowly rids your body of toxins. It may not be for everyone, and you can do what one person suggested-go out and buy all the ingredients yourself, but for me it is a easy add on to my hectic life, easy to incorporate into my lifestyle. I love it and at 40 years old and having been in a size 16 since High School, and am now in a size 10 and still losing, I am happy that I found it.
    What toxins? Could you please list which specific toxins "skinny fiber" rids your body of, and the process by which that happens?

Also - joined Jan 13, ticker shows 0 pounds lost, and the user's first and only post extolling the virtues of a particular "supplement". Seems legit.
  • mmapags
    Options
    What toxins? Could you please list which specific toxins "skinny fiber" rids your body of, and the process by which that happens?

Also - joined Jan 13, ticker shows 0 pounds lost, and the user's first and only post extolling the virtues of a particular "supplement". Seems legit.

QFT. Toxins indeed!! lol :laugh: :noway:
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    Vi shakes use Soy which is a cheap protein. If you switched 2 of your daily meals with any protein shake you'd also lose weight. In the end weight loss is calories in vs calories out, and obviously macro's play a part. You have to remember...weight loss is a multi BILLION dollar industry. It is all about marketing and getting someone to buy a product that they do not need. How it works; make the task seem impossible, then show someone how easy it is IF they buy your product.

Put a good protein shake inplace, You can make a nice shake for same calories and half the price and litteraly 30 more grams of protein.

Protein powder + Water + Frozen Fruit = Godly

Eat Chicken Breast, Brown Rice, Veggies, Fruits, stay away from white breads.

There's no miracle to losing weight, it's all about calorie deficit, and you will wanna manage your macro's to maintain muscle mass while you lose the weight, because you won't gain any muscle, you have to have calorie surplus to gain muscle, but if you get enough food in you and do resistance training, you will minimize muscle mass loss.

I have never even heard of this skinny fiber but a little research brings all sorts of red flags.

Its not new and fiber being used to make you feel fuller has been used for decades. Psyllium husk fiber (the same thing used in Metamucil) was all the rage 10-15 years ago, Glucomannon has shown up in a lot of products lately and the next thing you know, they'll be another fiber supplement.

Calories in and calories out. There is no easy or magic fix people.
  • mindylawhead
    mindylawhead Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started using Skinny Fiber last Monday and lost 3 pounds last week. I bought it off of Amazon for 40 bucks. All the pill does is gives you a feeling of being full so I wasn't eating as much. We will see if it keeps working.
This discussion has been closed.