5'8" Ladies what are your goals?

Options
My goal is to get down to 120 lbs by the end of the summer and to ge tmore self control when it comes to food :)

Replies

• brandyk77
    brandyk77 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    120? Wow. I can tell you if I weighed 120, I would be about 5% body fat - and probably dead.

I would suggest that you get your body fat % measured by a professional and see what you truly are working with.
  • SaraBunny592
    Options
    Im at 125 right now and im not dead, or sick, or anything of the sort. Thank you for the concern though.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and my original goal was 130 lbs. I'm pretty much there give or take a lb or two. Now that doesn't really matter. What I see in the mirror and my fitness goals are what matters.
  • brandyk77
    brandyk77 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I must have quite a bit more muscle than you then :)
    you never know with some people!
  • katiegregory23
    katiegregory23 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and I'm currently at 178. My goal is between 150-155, and toned (I'm not all that concerned about the number, just feeling good in my clothes again). That being said, I have a large frame (size 11 feet and man hands) so anything less than 150 I start to look a little strange, and I have to obsess over it to maintain. I say go with a weight you feel comfortable at, but make sure you are feeling healthy!
  • danithegirl89
    danithegirl89 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I'm currently at 154 ish. My goal is 135... I think. I have no idea how I will look haha. I have a medium frame. :)
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    120? Wow. I can tell you if I weighed 120, I would be about 5% body fat - and probably dead.

I would suggest that you get your body fat % measured by a professional and see what you truly are working with.

I'm not 5'8 (5'10 though, close enough) and I can tell you it all depends on your frame. Judging from the OP's pictures she has a very small frame (lucky :tongue: ) which is why 120 lbs can be completely healthy for her. You might have a much larger frame, so 120 lbs would be very unhealthy for you. I personally have a super wideset frame (good ol' baby birthin' hips) so the one time I dropped below 150 lbs, I looked emaciated. But my former coworker (who is the same height as me) weighed 138 and looked fantastic.

Remember, everyone's frame is different.
  • danithegirl89
    danithegirl89 Posts: 203 Member
    Options

I'm not 5'8 (5'10 though, close enough) and I can tell you it all depends on your frame. Judging from the OP's pictures she has a very small frame (lucky :tongue: ) which is why 120 lbs can be completely healthy for her. You might have a much larger frame, so 120 lbs would be very unhealthy for you. I personally have a super wideset frame (good ol' baby birthin' hips) so the one time I dropped below 150 lbs, I looked emaciated. But my former coworker (who is the same height as me) weighed 138 and looked fantastic.

^^^^^ Word :)
  • lauleipop
    lauleipop Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I'm in a different camp, apparently. I'm 5'9", and my goal is 19 - 22% body fat and 180 lbs. I currently weigh 180lbs and have 26% body fat.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options

^^^^^ Word :)

^^^^^ To ya motha. :D
  • SaraBunny592
    Options
    My frame isnt very big but its not tiny either im kinda in the middle. But from my pics I dont think 120 would be too small?
  • lauleipop
    Options
    My frame isnt very big but its not tiny either im kinda in the middle. But from my pics I dont think 120 would be too small?

I think you'd be fine at 120.
  • NoxDineen
    NoxDineen Posts: 497 Member
    Options

I'm 118 lbs at 5'8" and I'm around 20% body fat. My goal is to drop that to 17% or so and pick up muscle and flexibility, get some visible abs and expand from running 4-5k on my runs to double that.

Oh, and be able to bang out a couple sets of really perfect full push-ups. I still suck at push-ups. :(

Weight wise I feel like I'm fine where I am, and I'm okay with going up a bit if that's the cost of adding muscle.
  • redhousecat
    redhousecat Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    wow, I think I have a different build. If I weighed anything less than 130, my body would look like a crack *kitten*. I keep mine around 140-145, but I have a very muscular build.
  • HIITMe
    HIITMe Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Im 5'8" and 130 is my goal....Im pear shaped... last time I was 130 lbs I wore a 32B bra and size 10 jeans...
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9.. I met my goal of 150, but I'm looking to maybe get down to 140 and drop a bit more body fat.

I currently sit around 20% body fat and want to be around 15-18% body fat.
  • lauleipop
    Options
    Im 5'8" and 130 is my goal....Im pear shaped... last time I was 130 lbs I wore a 32B bra and size 10 jeans...

Body composition is so interesting. At 180lbs, I wear a 34C and a size 10 jeans. Strange.
  • bookyeti
    bookyeti Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Slightly over 5'8", hourglass, 38DD, large frame (6.55" wrist measurement).
    I'm currently in a regular size 16. My goal is to fit comfortably into a size 14, and improve my endurance and overall health.

The differing weights for women of the same height go to show how relative the number on the scale is. We're all so different - frame, body shape, composition. It's another reason why I don't give a lot of heed to weight (and certainly don't compare with others), and go more by how I feel and look, and how my clothing fits.
  • ewhitehurst1
    ewhitehurst1 Posts: 178
    Options
    wow, I think I have a different build. If I weighed anything less than 130, my body would look like a crack *kitten*. I keep mine around 140-145, but I have a very muscular build.

^^^This! Plus my fiance says I'm the first girl he's dated that has curves and he can't keep his hand off my T&A!!! My goal is 145, which is what I weighed when we started dating 5 years ago.
  • AmeChops
    AmeChops Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" with a small frame (5.25" wrists) and I currently weigh 155lbs and still feel quite overweight - I'm aiming for 130lbs