Big Bouncy Boobs and Group Classes

Options

Replies

• KitchenAbs
    Options
    When I had DD's I wore a sports bra that had padding to keep them in their normal shape instead of a 'hammock' style one where they just sat all flobbalobbly and that did the trick!

Now I'm a C and they don't move at all XD
  • raechellg
    raechellg Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    several months ago i actually found some at walmart.. they had several styles the actually are very supportive and come in bigger cup sizes.. i was looking for a way to help eliminate the bounce factor without breaking the bank at the sporting goods store.. i did have to go with the size bigger around to make sure i got a cup size that would work but they do an amazing job.. talk about regretting it when i forget to change into them before zumba.. danskin i think is the brand..can't remember how it's spelled exactly. but i was shocked to find something at walmart for less than 15 bucks that works.. much better than the 50plus i was gonna have to spend at the sporting goods stores to get something more than a lil piece of material that would never have worked lol
  • gombolyu
    gombolyu Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I am a 34 F, so I know what you meen. I don't go to group classes because of that. When I am at home, I wear 2 bras when I do my exercises, and I even hold my boobs with my hands sometimes.:) There are lots of jogger where I walk with my dog, and I often see runner women without a good sport bra. And I always wonder if they don't feel that?
  • kakiem
    kakiem Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I've lost some of my fullness so I just wear one bra now but in the beginning I was wearing an underwire bra and a sports bra on top. The sports bra kinda squishes them down and keeps them jumping at the same rhythm and the underwire just adds support. :wink:

You actually made me LOL with the "keeps them jumping at the same rhythm".

:laugh:
  • TiffanyAching
    TiffanyAching Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    i'm a GG, i have an underwired Freya Active sports bra and have zero issue with bouncing. i can do 30DS and i run with no boob bother. it's a revelation, because the having of giant boobs was a major contributor to stopping being active in the first place as a self conscious teen, but it doesnt cross my mind now when running etc. if you're still suffering, you've got the wrong bra.
  • 21stcenturyfox
    Options
    I'm a 32DD and know exactly what you are all talking about.. but doubling up on bras can either be effective or even more painful. I tried that and ended up bleeding because the chafing was so bad :(

Shock absorber sounds awesome but has anyone tried moving comfort bras? They have a huge range of styles and have user ratings on the site too but I'm not sure whether to invest just yet :s
  • mickeymygrey
    mickeymygrey Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm a 36F and use a level 4 shock absorber and it holds everything in place with no issues - look at online big boob sites for cheaper offers than in the shop
  • meredith7801
    meredith7801 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I attempted to do the 30 Day Shred, but when it got to the jumping jacks, I gave up.

same here!
  • MizzTatiana
    MizzTatiana Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I've lost some of my fullness so I just wear one bra now but in the beginning I was wearing an underwire bra and a sports bra on top. The sports bra kinda squishes them down and keeps them jumping at the same rhythm and the underwire just adds support. :wink:
    <DD Same thing!
  • fabfindz05
    fabfindz05 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm an H, even after a 30lb weight loss.....
    I used to wear 2-3 bras when I rode horses. I finally found a bra, Wacoal, and I'm down to 1. I wear it when I run and there is still some bounce, but not as bad as before. This bra can be worn like a regular bra or you can cross cross the straps for extra support. Once you criss cross, getting the bra on is VERY tricky. I've learned to do it by myself.

I might look into the Shock Absorber.
  • Howbouto
    Howbouto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    Invest in a good running sport bra. They are expensive but will strap those puppies down lol.
    I recommend:

http://www.movingcomfort.com/Juno/350025,default,pd.html
  • miracole
    miracole Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I've been trying to find a good sports bra. I'm a DDD and when I've worn my regular bra under my sports bra I have some major chaffing (keeps me from working out from it too). Any suggestions for a good sports bra? I've only found 1 I can wear and honestly I can hardly get it off when I'm soaked in sweat. I wish I could find one with a zipper or something.

I have long been a proponent of good sports bras (for my full take on the importance of wearing one, check out my blog) but even more important is to get properly FITTED for a good sports bra. Sometimes your sports bra is a different size than your regular bra; for example, in my regular bras I am usually a 32G, in my sports bras I can be a 34G (for my Freya, which I HIGHLY recommend) and a 2 in my Enell. I run marathons so I definitely get how being well endowed can be a pain in the neck (and back, and chest) but a properly fitted bra is definitely a must! For activities that are intentionally bouncy I recommend a high compression bra. The Enell sports bras have great support and massive amounts of compression, they do up with 12 hook and eye closures and, while you tend to end up with a uni-boob effect, the girls certainly aren't moving around too much. The only downside to the Enell is that if you are doing long distance running they can chafe, but that's what bras like the Freya sports bra and body glide are for!
  • TBoom915
    TBoom915 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I'm an F and I found a great sports bra by Anita on Amazon that keeps me in place...I wear that with a shelf bra compression top and that keeps me in place during High Intensity workouts.
  • KStyleFitness
    KStyleFitness Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I wear 2 sometimes even 3 sports bras! When I get to my low end weight, I will invest in a good support sports bra. I never seem to have a problem with them moving around when I have 3 on. Sometimes, I think 2 will be enough, then BAM, do a few jumps and I have to take it down a notch because it hurts. I'm a DD at my high, and have gotten as low as a C cup before and would like to be there again.
  • sugboog29
    sugboog29 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I'm a G cup and used to wear two bras...but I've found a great sports bra that holds me and comes up high in the front. Love it. I do agree when I see women running without sports bras I just think...man they are going to be sagging big time by the time they get home (especially when I see a busty gal without one...ouch)! Sports bras come in all sizes and prices....they really need to invest!!

:flowerforyou:
  • dfborders
    dfborders Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Bump - Want to check this later - I need to get a good sports bra...
  • mom2handh1975
    mom2handh1975 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the links! I just started exercising, and a friend asked me to go to Zumba with her, but I didn't want to go because of the "bounce". I just bought two bras. Guess I can't use "the girls" as an excuse any more!
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Shock Absorbers are the best! You might want to consider wearing a compression bra or top over the top of it - support only takes you so far but compression means there's less mass out front to move over your ribcage, if you see what I mean.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    raises hand

i wont do jumping jacks in front of anyone because of my awesome titties trying to out jumpingjack me.
  • caroluherek
    caroluherek Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    LOL - Yoovie!

I also have a shock absorber bra and like it alot but I find the Moving Comfort bra's to be more comfortable and also more affordable.

I reduce the impact in group exercise classes instead of jumping jacks do a modified squat stepping out one leg while doing the same arms as everyone else. Jogging on the spot - squat and heel raises. You can pretty much adapt any exercise, the burpees are challenging but just do them slower (even stepping out one leg at a time). I have an awesome instructor that doesn't let me say "I can't" do anything, she says I can do everything I just need to modify to exercise and she's great either before or after class suggesting alternatives/modifications.