How to drop a little belly fat so abs show?

Options

Replies

• MommaKit79
    MommaKit79 Posts: 852
    Options
    My husband does a LOT at work and I know he has got some major muscles under all his "insulation." I was told that he needs to eat at a deficit, up his protein, and focus more on cardio to lose the "insulation" over top of it.

GOOD LUCK and keep working...they'll show soon enough and then WATCH OUT!! :)
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    dead lifts and squats. lots of them. lift heavy. and time.
  • blonde71
    blonde71 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Good food, exercise, both cardio and strength, and time. Sorry :p

^^^^^This. I feel sorry for guys as they have to get their body fat a lot lower than women to see their abs. Also, genetics comes into play as you may see abs at a higher body fat than others.
  • chickentunashake
    chickentunashake Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    You can't target areas to lose fat from sadly. Switch your diet up to a leangains or keto and stay hydrated. There's no tips, just a good diet.

Absolutely right. You have to drop bf all over, and eat low carb high protein, hat will get you the definition you desire
  • ilovemybuggy
    ilovemybuggy Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
  • Angie__1MR
    Angie__1MR Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    If you don't already, eat clean!
  • kristymcgee
    Options
    My trainer said to cut carbs and you will see more definition. I am not near a 6 pack, but i see what he is talking about. Carbs=bloat for me at least.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    There is no secret, it's all about consistency and patience.

Burn the fat - eat right to lose weight, lift heavy with high protein intake to keep the muscle, be patient.
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    A plan that involves calorie restriction and resistance training. Stick to the plan and be patient.
  • PinkEnvyx
    PinkEnvyx Posts: 172
    Options
    My personal experience with my body was my abs show some at 20% body fat but not all unless I am 18% or below body fat percentage.
  • microwoman999
    microwoman999 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • Angie__1MR
    Angie__1MR Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    There is no secret, it's all about consistency and patience.

Burn the fat - eat right to lose weight, lift heavy with high protein intake to keep the muscle, be patient.

I can hear your head banging now :) Torture, I tell you!!!
  • MonkeyBars
    MonkeyBars Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    your diet & full body exercises that utilise as many muscles throughout your body as possible.
    I eat lots of fat & protein & try to reduce carbs.
  • oneworkoutatatime
    Options
    I'm in the same boat....
  • jshort152
    Options
    Less calories in more calories used. Dieting is the only way to really get that 6 pack, and you don't need to be a crazy 7% body fat to see them, most people see them around 13% or lower, obviously the lower the bf% the more visible, but just diet more, there is no way to specifically target fat, hope this helps!

Jesse Short
    ISSA Certified Personal Trainer
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    Eat a calorie deficit.
  • PhilyPhresh
    PhilyPhresh Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    heavy back squats :drinker:
  • mollyanne01
    mollyanne01 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Abs are made in the kitchen.
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    All of you people that keep saying Squats, Deads, etc....yes but if his diet sucks...he won't get anywhere.

Calorie deficit is priority.
  • cPT_Helice
    cPT_Helice Posts: 403
    Options
    You can't out-train a bad diet. Period!