Pregnant and not eating. NEED SUPPORT.

Options
13»

Replies

• maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Glad you did better today. I also remembered that I drank hot chocolate every day during my pregnancies. I splurged on really good quality hot chocolate mix (Penzey Spices, Ghiradeli, etc.) and organic milk. MMMMmmmmmmm............
  • msacurrie
    msacurrie Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Def. talk to your doctor - also keep track of what you are eating here on MFP to encourage you to take in some more - remember, you are putting both your health and your baby's health in danger if you aren't following your doctors orders. Hope everything improves soon :)
  • PaleoRDH
    PaleoRDH Posts: 266
    Options
    I also had a hard time eating early on in my pregnancy and lost weight the first maybe 5 months. The doctor told me it was normal to lose weight in the beginning and have trouble with that due to nausea and morning sickness, etc. But then for my last trimester she told me I really needed to put some weight on for the health of the baby............. she told me to get milkshakes and just try to get calories any way I could. ---- I gained 40 pounds in that last trimester, and unfortunately he was not a 35 pound baby. I took the weight off in about 6 months following my c-section......... moral of the story is that, it happens. Just try your best to get calories any way you can, you're baby is forming in there and needs food.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Try a hazelwood necklace as a natrual way to change your mood!! The hazelwood necklace is at your local health store, tell them about your symptoms and they will help you!!

Hazelwood? I thought that was for heart disease and maple was for moods.
  • sissidevore
    sissidevore Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    you can add me for support, i am pregnant as well, but i need to lose weight! :) i am considered obese, so i can support you through those crazy pregnancy hormones . this is my third child , so i know its stressfull.
  • Borzon
    Borzon Posts: 1
    Options
    Your body is going to need nutrients so your not so tired all the time. Are you talking with your hubby while he is away??
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Try a hazelwood necklace as a natrual way to change your mood!! The hazelwood necklace is at your local health store, tell them about your symptoms and they will help you!!

tumblr_m6ur5dqCCm1rtznyyo1_400.jpg

As I would suggest to anyone having trouble eating enough, get some peanut butter in you! High calorie foods are your friend.
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options

No, no. Cannibis is for moods. Maple is for syrup. Hazelwood is for witches.
  • ReneeCK
    ReneeCK Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your pregnancy! :flowerforyou:

The advice on smoothies, shakes, and Ensure sound like a good start! Be sure to keep your appointments for your mental health, too! Just remember, a fetus will take all of YOUR nutrients to survive... and you definitely will want to have your teeth still for when your husband comes back home :wink:

Good luck and keep us updated! We want to see pictures of a beautiful Mommy and a healthy baby in the future!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options

No, no. Cannibis is for moods. Maple is for syrup. Hazelwood is for witches.

I always get those confused. This is why I lost my licence to practise weird and ineffective medicine.
  • Suzannejl
    Suzannejl Posts: 212
    Options
    I hear you. My husband deployed for the gulf war right after we got married. We now have 3 kids, and he wasn't even there for the brith of #3.

Make a lunch bunch or play group with other moms/friends. You will eat more when your happily around friends and not alone.

I lived on choclate milk shakes! In fact I would take my prenatals at bedtime w a chocolate milkshake. They settled better on my stomach that way. Adding protein powder is a great idea too! As well as smoothies, etc.

My great PG trick was to keep water bottles frozen in the freezer. Sipping on the ice water kept my stomach calmer, and soothes nausea, even if it's mentally induced.

I also kept teddy grahms around, every where.

Frozen cokes are nice treats too.

I lost weight w all mine, gained back in mid tri, lost again in 3rd. Now at perimenepausal(SP?) it's back! LOL Don't concentrate on your weight #, concentrate on being healthy.

Go for nice walks outside! The fresh air and sunshine keeps the depression at bay too.

Keep busy and out of the house. Keep your mind preoccupied.

Forgot how old your first one is. don't know if they're old enough for calendar, or having a couple of something to count out/off. The internet has lots of great ideas for "counting off the days" for kids.

Use your phone, computer, and call call call your friends and family.

Read some great novels, get lost in another world.

If you want to friend me please do.

You will get through this and someday you will get to hang it over your hubby's head and tease him publicly at parties about it! ;-)
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Want me to threaten to call your mom? Or child services?
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone.

About a week and a half ago, my husband left to start Army Basic Combat Training. Today is the first day that I don't feel like a complete wreck emotionally (I think normally I'd be able to suck it up a little better, but I'm 17 weeks pregnant and HORMONAL!!!). Unfortunately, I have been struggling with my eating since his departure as well, and have lost 2 pounds in one week. I can't be taking in much more than 500 calories a day, which is ABSOLUTELY ridiculous. And I mean, OBVIOUSLY I'm going to take up the issue with my Doctor at my next prenatal appointment-which is on Friday, but aside from that, I'm just looking for supportive people who wouldn't mind being friends, thus forcing me to hold myself accountable for my actions a little more. I'm DEFINTIELY not on here to diet. Just to hopefully help me get an insight into how much I'm actually eating, and then slowly improving that for my health.

A couple things: I've been through the "I'm so depressed I can't eat" thing a couple times and after about two weeks, I got my appetite back. Being pregnant, yours will probably come back with a vengeance pretty soon.

The second is that when I was pregnant, I had horrible, awful morning sickness. I gained 10 pounds in month one and the the MS started and I dropped 20 and didn't put it back on until starting in month 7. I got to the point where I stopped eating for a while because I couldn't keep anything down. Your doc will probably check your urine for ketones and if they are not present, you're fine.

You do need to start eating again, but it's doubtful you've done serious harm in 10 days. It WILL pass!

Feel better and maybe call up some friends and get out of the house to get your mind off your husband's deployment.