Slim4Life

Options
My wife's niece is on slim4life and she has shared the information with my wife so now she is doing it too. She told me she does not plan to buy anything from slim4life but she is going to try and follow their directions to see if it will help her lose weight. Since it isn't costing us anything I guess there isn't much harm in giving it a shot but I really don't know anything about it. I assume anyone who tries to sell weight loss is just scamming people.

Is Slim4Life a scam? Does it have any merit? I doubt I would be able to convince her to do anything other than she wants to anyways but I feel I should at least ask about it. I will admit she has been doing this a couple of weeks and so far she is losing weight. What do all of you think?

Personally I am just sticking with exercise and calorie deficit. This is entirely about her. I wish she would just listen to me and try it my way but that is a separate conversation.

Replies

• Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    I would call it the starve and eat bland food diet. :tongue: Big props to anyway who could suffer through it for a few months, much less "4Life". I've tried similar diets and failed miserably, especially back in he '90's when the "low fat, salt free rice cake diets" were in vogue. An example day: Breakfast: 1/2 cup of oatmeal with no sugar or milk or salt, and half a grapefruit, lunch: unsalted beef consommé and 1/2 a can of tuna on one slice of dry bread with hideous low fat margarine and a cup of tea, supper: 1/4 cup brown rice and a miniscule chicken breast with broccoli. 10 grapes for dessert. Yummy. SO SO glad that I learned better. Eat whatever you want at a healthy and sustainable deficit. That's it.
  • soldier4242
    soldier4242 Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    So the diet isn't necessarily going to be unhealthy for her it is just going to be bland and therefor difficult to stick with? Well then I guess I will just not say anything. If she loses weight in a healthy way then I can't really fault her for choosing to eat bland food when she does it.
  • sassafrascas
    sassafrascas Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    No its not unhealthy, they also do try and push a bunch of supplements carb blockers and junk like that. My sister in law did it before her wedding and lost weight. but I think she gained some back after she got off there supplements and such.
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    Yes, not unhealthy, per se, except that low fat margarine that they're suggesting. Gross. Might be kind of dangerous for the people around them though. It's one of those "hangry" diets.
  • soldier4242
    soldier4242 Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    I have already made my position very clear. She does not get to take out the frustration caused by her restrictive diet choices on me. She is allowed to talk to the cats about her troubles provided she uses a happy tone of voice.