Tall Women? Show me your pictures!

Options
Sie_Con
Sie_Con Posts: 101 Member
Hello all,
I've been at this healthy lifestyle thing for just over a month and I've lost 13 pounds. I am eating about 1600-1800 calories per day and going to the gym 3x weekly, doing cardio and strength training. I am 5 11", started in the 290's and now I'm in the 280's. I definitely feel a little stronger, but I don't see any difference on my body or in my clothing. I think my goal is about 180 because I want to be healthy but don't really care about looking skinny, and I tend to have a large build. I'm having trouble picturing what weight loss looks like on us tall women.

If you are 5 9" or over and have lost weight, could you please show me pictures? I really want to gauge what your success looks like and get some more inspiration!! Any tips for me It's a bit discouraging because I know it'll take a while on my tall/large frame to see any difference or change clothing sizes.

Thanks!!

Replies

• kbbeale
    kbbeale Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Girl, I could have written your post. I get so frustrated and unmotivated because of the clothing thing. I have friends who fart and their 2 sizes smaller and having to buy new clothes. I'll lose 30lbs and my fat clothes still fit. Ugh.

Im over 6' tall and Im about 260, and I have the large build that you mentioned too. Feel free to friend me if you'd like and we can talk eachother through this!!! :) I certainly can relate to ya!

kristen
  • Luckee_me
    Luckee_me Posts: 1,426 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Hang in there, one day you'll turn around and your pants will be falling up.
    I'm 5'10 and I feel your pain.
    Feel free to check my pics on my page
    Good luck to you.
  • tabithalobster
    tabithalobster Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'2", started at 260+ and have lost abput 29lb. I dropped a jeans size and a bra size (20 to 18 and 40K to 38J UK sizings, not sure what thay would be in US) but tbh I don't SEE any difference yet. I've a way to go, aiming for about 170lb, and am expecting to start seeing the results with the next 20lb. Even at my skinniest, as an 18 to 20 year old (and I was really skinny), I wore a 12-14. I think any less than that, at my height, will look a bit ridiculous.
  • CyclingChick1971
    CyclingChick1971 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    .... I have friends who fart and their 2 sizes smaller and having to buy new clothes.....

Love this, and I could have written it :o)

I am 5'8" and aiming to get back into a size 12 as I was always happy with that size rather than aiming for a particular weight
  • marjushkamarusya
    Options
    I'm 5'9-175! Ca see my pics and add me if you want too! Always nice to have a new friend
  • RachelAngel01
    RachelAngel01 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I don't have pics, but I just want to say I feel your pain on the clothes. I've lost over 25 pounds and STILL wear the same size in everything. Except my bra. Yay. I lost a whole cup size.

Although yesterday I put on a pair of jeans I hadn't tried on in a while that used to be snug, but they went right on with no stretching, so that's something, right?
  • Sie_Con
    Options
    I'm 5'9-175! Ca see my pics and add me if you want too! Always nice to have a new friend

Oh my god you look amazing!! This is why I want to be around 180 hahah. What pants size do you wear if you don't mind me asking?
  • ketowerdefense
    ketowerdefense Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and have been mostly counting calories, I haven't been able to get as much exercise as I would like, due to my job and commute. I started MFP April 2, 2014 at 260lbs and today weighed in at 231.8.

I was wearing a size 18 in jeans, and now I'm comfortable in a 16. I've bought a pair of size 14s that I can get into, but not without unflattering muffin top action. I'm hoping these will be my go-to jeans in another six weeks or so.

My UGW is 169, and I wear a 36J bra - no changes on that front so far.
  • CanadaChick74
    CanadaChick74 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 9". I still have to add photos, but I wanted to mention that (for me at least) being tall means you can carry weight better. You could be heavier and it wasn't as noticeable. I think the same goes for weight loss. Because there is more of you than, say, a shorter woman the weight is more spread out and it can sometimes take longer for a loss to be noticeable. That's my opinion :)
  • jh270593
    jh270593 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft9 21 yrs old
    SW - 190 pounds
    CW - 140 pounds
    GW- 135 pounds

[img]http://i939.photobucket.com/albums/ad237/Jos1993/Mobile Uploads/20140704_122037-1_zpse4ceca20.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://i939.photobucket.com/albums/ad237/Jos1993/Mobile Uploads/20140704_122022_zps84449df6.jpg[/img]

I still want to lose the podge around my belly area but really happy with where I am so far!

I was a uk 14/16 I'm now a uk 8/10 but went from 36C to 34B :-(
  • agent99oz
    agent99oz Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I am 5'10 and 73kgs in my profile - I am around the 79kg mark at the moment - trying to get the last 6 off - will be posting a 100day picture in 3 days so look out

Feel free to add me - being tall is totally different we carry our weight differently - takes a long time with long limbs to get definition etc etc

Cheers
    D
  • Sie_Con
    Options
    thanks for all the replies! It certainly does take more for tall ladies to notice a difference. But it's good that we can "Get away with" more weight too hahah. Like at my height, being 200 lbs wouldn't look "Fat" I don't think
  • Luckee_me
    Luckee_me Posts: 1,426 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 9". I still have to add photos, but I wanted to mention that (for me at least) being tall means you can carry weight better. You could be heavier and it wasn't as noticeable. I think the same goes for weight loss. Because there is more of you than, say, a shorter woman the weight is more spread out and it can sometimes take longer for a loss to be noticeable. That's my opinion :)

This. ^^
    Good luck ladies.
    I'd love some tall friends with open diaries.
    Just tell me where you saw me.
  • swsays
    swsays Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I can relate. I am 5' 11.5" and started at 250+. It took 30# for people to notice and for me to *finally* drop a pants size - from a US20 to a US18 or in some cases a 16 and I got rid of all my 20s. What I love is that the weight came off my upper body first, so I am down from an XXL top to a L and down a bra size too (from 40DD to 38D)! I will say though that it feels like the next change might come sooner - the "new" pants are already starting to feel loose!
  • KDiddy27
    KDiddy27 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    thanks for all the replies! It certainly does take more for tall ladies to notice a difference. But it's good that we can "Get away with" more weight too hahah. Like at my height, being 200 lbs wouldn't look "Fat" I don't think

I lost weight about 10 years ago and got to around 185 and looked pretty great. (I'm 5'10" and also have a larger frame.) I still technically had weight to lose, but I felt good and looked great at that weight.
  • devonbaumann1987
    devonbaumann1987 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am 6'1" and currently weigh ~227 lbs. I started MFP at around 250 lbs in January and was wearing VERY tight size 18 jeans and XXL tops. Now I wear snug, not too tight size 16 jeans and XL tops. I have a set of progress pictures in my profile.

The lowest weight I have had in my adult life is around 200 lbs. Then I wore size 14 and some size 12 jeans. I was beginning to fit into L tops. I did not feel very chubby at around 200 lbs, and I had visible collarbones and was beginning to get hip-bone definition.

Between 220 lbs and 230 lbs I feel okay and think I look okay, so I tend to develop complacency regarding my weight. Right now, I'm trying to get motivated again. I would really like to see myself at 180- 185 lbs.

Good to hear from other tall women. Nothing against shorter women, but I can't even talk them about weight/size expectations. :smile:
  • Bexchubb
    Bexchubb Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I have spoken about this before too- Im a typical tall pear shape, so I have lost almost all of my weight off my boobs and middle, but am still wearing my fat jeans. Gah. Im only halfway through my journey, but stats are:
    5ft 10-11in
    SW 19st
    CW 15st 7lb
    GW 11-12st (depending entirely on how I feel when I hit it, lol).
    Apologies, I don know how to resize pics.

Me at SW
    2qj9h1h.jpg
    Me now
    e7h1uf.jpg
  • Chelsarrr
    Chelsarrr Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    http://www.mybodygallery.com/

This website is awesome, you can put in height, weight, pant size, body shape (or just one!) and browse the photos! It really helped me.
  • kateauch
    kateauch Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I'm a work in progress, but hopefully this helps!

Height: 5'11"

SW: 260ish? (Avoided the scale like a plague)
    CW: 216.8 as of this morning!

FA8159FF-3F68-44EA-AE3E-8493105E2A00-3075-000004FE444784FA_zps9a052957.jpg24DFC288-1222-43E1-BA10-49A21050D7AB_zpszkl6fjaw.jpg

Also, there's a tall ladies group specifically for us amazons! Check it out- http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/126-tall-women
  • RachelSteeners
    RachelSteeners Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 11"... There's one full body photo on my page from my Dietbet weigh in :D
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!