NBA anyone? Who's your team?

Options
ninerbuff
ninerbuff Posts: 48,521 Member
SF Bay Area sports fan so for me it's the Golden State WARRIORS!!! Go Dubs!!! Trounced the Clippers yesterday!!!!!

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
IDEA Fitness member
Kickboxing Certified Instructor
Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

Replies

• DWhy5
    DWhy5 Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Thunder up, bruh. I actually blog about OKC, but I love the NBA in general. Warriors look goooooood.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    I like OKC. As long as it isn't the Lakers or any team Lebron is on. Not that I don't like Lebron, but lots of people's expectation is that once he joins their team, they will end up being the champions.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    I like OKC. As long as it isn't the Lakers or any team Lebron is on. Not that I don't like Lebron, but lots of people's expectation is that once he joins their team, they will end up being the champions.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

Nah my bulls will take them this year. Derrick better stay healthy. He is like the RGIII of basketball.
  • DWhy5
    Options
    Raps, Bulls, and Warriors... I can live with that so far. As long as we don't have any Mavs, Cavs, or LA teams show up :wink:
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    DWhy5 wrote: »
    Raps, Bulls, and Warriors... I can live with that so far. As long as we don't have any Mavs, Cavs, or LA teams show up :wink:

I also been a Dirk fan. Steve nash should have never left the MAVS. They used to be my team. Kryie is a former Duke and I am a Duke fan. LA well Kobe some argue he is the greatest player.

• Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    Memphis Grizzlies, of course. OKC is probably my second (which is odd considering), followed by the Spurs.

Excluding the Grizzlies (5-0!!!!!), I tend to like individual players more than teams, I think!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    LA well Kobe some argue he is the greatest player.
    Naw, Kareem Abdul Jabbar has him outscored and played better defense. I don't think Kobe's even in the top 10 all time. Jordan, Russell, Magic, Bird, Chamberlain, Duncan, Shaq, James, and Olajuwon have higher statis based careers.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• headofphat
    headofphat Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Hawks. We suck!
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    OKC Thunder! We are plagued right now with injuries though so this season isn't looking to good. Will it be enough to get Brooks out? I hope so.
  • patrickblo13
    patrickblo13 Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    The NBA sucks! They are all self centered *kitten*. College basketball is much more fun to watch and is more of a team sport. Half the time NBA players are walking the court, I hate seeing millions of dollars wasted on someone giving 50%
  • DWhy5
    Options
    lol...........
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    LA well Kobe some argue he is the greatest player.
    Naw, Kareem Abdul Jabbar has him outscored and played better defense. I don't think Kobe's even in the top 10 all time. Jordan, Russell, Magic, Bird, Chamberlain, Duncan, Shaq, James, and Olajuwon have higher statis based careers.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

I remember seeing a poll of if you were down by one with final seconds in the game who would you have shot the last shot. The choices were Jordan, James, or Bryant. Guess the order of it.
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    The NBA sucks! They are all self centered *kitten*. College basketball is much more fun to watch and is more of a team sport. Half the time NBA players are walking the court, I hate seeing millions of dollars wasted on someone giving 50%

The butthurt smells very strong.

• drangonfly2323
    drangonfly2323 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Cleveland Cavs. Although I might be the only person not happy that James came back. Of course I hope he does well because the Cavs are my team and I want them to win but I would have loved seeing them win one without him.
  • patrickblo13
    patrickblo13 Posts: 831 Member
    Options

It's not butthurt its my opinion. I used love watching the NBA back in the day with Jordan, Magic and all of the legends. The league has changed a lot and its not entertaining to watch.

College basketball on the other hand is very entertaining. While not all of the players have the skill to make it to the NBA those kids are out there giving 110% every night. That's entertaining.
  • tedrickp
    tedrickp Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options

College basketball is pretty much unwatcheable until tournament time. You complain about NBA players walking the court (as if) and then support college basketball, in which many teams literally just stand around for the first 15 seconds of the laughably long 35 second shot clock.

Raptors fan here. #wethenorth
  • yopeeps025
    Options

It's not butthurt its my opinion. I used love watching the NBA back in the day with Jordan, Magic and all of the legends. The league has changed a lot and its not entertaining to watch.

College basketball on the other hand is very entertaining. While not all of the players have the skill to make it to the NBA those kids are out there giving 110% every night. That's entertaining.

Most college dreams are to make it the the NBA so yeah there giving there hearts out on the court. I will say the season lacks entertainment but come NBA playoff time those games are very emotional and entertaining.

• melmelw80
    melmelw80 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    OKC Thunder all day! Thunder Up!
    (even though we are all injured and broken right now) :-(
  • Medivh73
    Medivh73 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Da Bulls