Why does it say 0 lbs lost...

Options
When I pull my profile up online, it says that I've lost 0 lbs. but on my MFP app it says that I've lost almost 12! I'm confused! Help!

Replies

• ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    You might need to change your starting weight. My app says I've only lost 20lbs, but website says 27-something. This doesn't really bother me though since... well, I know that I've lost weight lol.
  • wmander1
    wmander1 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Totally understand! Congrats on your loss! Just wanted to know if I was having a disconnect somewhere! :smile:
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    It could be a weird connection issue. IF changing your starting weight doesn't do it, try syncing your phone and see if that affects your desktop readings.
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    I had an issue with the Android app not synchronizing with the Web version.
    I stumbled on this fix a couple of weeks ago and the two versions synched.
    On the Web version, navigate to APPS > Tickers > Update your weight data.
    Change starting weight to a different value, click Save Changes.
    Change starting weight again to the correct one, click Save Changes.
  • scotts87
    scotts87 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I also want to see my actual weight loss reflected appropriately, not a big fat zero. I'm proud of the 6 lbs I've lost in the last couple weeks, and I want to see it on my profile darnit!

I tried what CyberTone suggested, but for some reason when you click on "Tickers" under apps, it just takes you to the main home profile page. No way to update weight via this ticker. I even tried a different browser, thinking maybe it was my Firefox, but the same thing happens in Chrome. Its almost like the link is broken.

Oh well, if anyone else has a fix on this, I'd really appreciate hearing what it is.
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    scotts87 wrote: »
    I also want to see my actual weight loss reflected appropriately, not a big fat zero. I'm proud of the 6 lbs I've lost in the last couple weeks, and I want to see it on my profile darnit!

I tried what CyberTone suggested, but for some reason when you click on "Tickers" under apps, it just takes you to the main home profile page. No way to update weight via this ticker. I even tried a different browser, thinking maybe it was my Firefox, but the same thing happens in Chrome. Its almost like the link is broken.

Oh well, if anyone else has a fix on this, I'd really appreciate hearing what it is.
    It appears your account is having one of the known bugs.
    Bug: Ticker settings page is unavailable for some users •Some users are returned to the home page when clicking "Tickers" in the "Apps" sub-tab. myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/1712782-known-issues-website
    Have you tried opening a ticket with Customer Support?
    http://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/emails/new

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    On my phone it shows some weird amount. On the computer, it's normal.
  • majicmitch
    majicmitch Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You can update your “starting weight” at any time, to allow your ticker to reflect your recent efforts. Here’s a quick and easy way to change your initial weight entry to get your ticker back on track.

1. Log in to MyFitnessPal in a web browser: www.myfitnesspal.com

2. Click “My Home” in the Navigation Bar, and then click “Check-in” just below that

3. Click “Edit Previous Entries”

4. Enter your new starting weight in the “Starting Weight” box near the top

5. Click “Change”

Voila! Regardless of what you weighed when you first started MyFitnessPal, your weight loss ticker will now accurately track the weight you lose from this point forward.
  • TickleAnn
    TickleAnn Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I don't know if you're still around majicmitch, but a belated thank you for this info. It worked.
  • thecheez18
    thecheez18 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    majicmitch wrote: »
    You can update your “starting weight” at any time, to allow your ticker to reflect your recent efforts. Here’s a quick and easy way to change your initial weight entry to get your ticker back on track.

1. Log in to MyFitnessPal in a web browser: www.myfitnesspal.com

2. Click “My Home” in the Navigation Bar, and then click “Check-in” just below that

3. Click “Edit Previous Entries”

4. Enter your new starting weight in the “Starting Weight” box near the top

5. Click “Change”

Voila! Regardless of what you weighed when you first started MyFitnessPal, your weight loss ticker will now accurately track the weight you lose from this point forward.

Didn't work. Mine still says 0.