pescetarian_love Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    tldr.gif

Hahah
  • sarahlifts
    sarahlifts Posts: 610 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Um no. You were doing it wrong. All of it. Glad you are eating more and finding what works for you.

Science speaks better than your personal experience.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    so.. you're 200 pounds and think vegetarianism will solve it? baby, if you eat 5000 calories of lettuce or chicken, its STILL 5000 calories. Food isn't the enemy (be it plant, animal or carb).

Your problem is that you become obsessive over your diet and the scale, and don't seem to know how to handle plateaus and make yourself sick by not eating ENOUGH.

I wish you the best of luck, but you really are setting yourself up for a lifetime of yo-yo dieting and weight issues.

• KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    The problem here is that you weren't mentally ready to sustain weight loss. Anyone who gives up and eats more will gain weight and were not ready.

2000 calories being the least amount any person should eat??? I am 5'3, let me eat that daily while sedentary and I will definitely gain weight over time.

The answer is CICO.
    How much you eat is for weight loss.
    What you eat is for good health.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Can someone give a tl;dr?
  • Alligator423
    Alligator423 Posts: 87 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Vegetarianism (and I am one, for ethical reasons) works in so far as you replace meat calories with fruit and veggie calories. Reduced red meat intake has also been shown to be good for your heart, but to people who think that turning to vegetarianism will automatically make them more healthy, I just have to laugh. If you're replacing your meat calories with pasta, breads, sweets, etc. you will actually be WORSE off than if you were eating meat.

You can lose weight doing paleo, you can lose weight as a vegetarian, or you can lose weight eating solely twinkies. CICO. period.
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    ceoverturf wrote: »
    She wanted to lose weight. Lost 40 lbs with CICO. Gave up. Gained some weight back. Became a vegetarian. That wasn't enough. Became vegan. Says CICO is not the answer to weight loss and that is wrong. The answer to weight loss is what we eat not how much. Oh and EVERYONE should eat 2000 calories a day, cause anything less is starvation mode.

I think that's it...
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options

If you eat less than 2000 calories you are starving yourself. That's the only thing I got out of it.

• AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    Oh boy. I had this huge debate on FB yesterday arguing with people who said cico doesn't work. I directed them to the mfp forums. I hope I didn't drag a whole lotta trouble over here.... :open_mouth:

I gave up trying to explain CICO to people....So now I'm all "yeah - enjoy your boring chicken and brown rice while I eat this pizza..."

• Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options

Mainly just a post with a lot of nonsense. Honestly, it's hard to decipher it's so far off.
  • rebeccaxf
    rebeccaxf Posts: 5 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Wow..... the amount of flaming and general rudeness in the replies is astounding. Agree or disagree the OP, whatever happened to respectful (not personal) discussion?!
  • SilverRose89
    SilverRose89 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    ayanasioux wrote: »
    Now here is the science behind all of this.

The human body uses food as energy. An adult needs at least 2000 calories to adequately function daily in order to be healthy. Anything lower than that is considered starvation according the world health organization. The reason we all lose weight by restricting our calories is because we are going through starvation, and the body uses long term energy sources (fat) to replace the calorie deficient. When the body gets to a point where if feels like its losing too much emergency energy sources, not only does it begin to hold on to every source, it will try to replenish it once the individual eats more. The individual is destined to eat more because it knows that it is being starved and needs more energy. The brain will send you signals to eat certain things and to eat more of it. That is why we have undyingly strong cravings for a food. This is why I binged. This is why most people binge. Your body will only take but so much abuse before it goes into that mode. 2000 calories gives the body enough energy to sustain a healthy weight and to lose weight if you're over your healthy weight.

You are suggesting every single person needs 2000 calories? Really?

Like, no one needs less and no one needs more, just, 2000 is perfect for everyone? :neutral_face:
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »

Mainly just a post with a lot of nonsense. Honestly, it's hard to decipher it's so far off.

Ah thanks.

rebeccaxf wrote: »
    Wow..... the amount of flaming and general rudeness in the replies is astounding. Agree or disagree the OP, whatever happened to respectful (not personal) discussion?!

Oh good...and now it's a mean people thread.

BINGO!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »

Ah thanks.

Oh good...and now it's a mean people thread.

BINGO!

on9mu58uoxgq.jpeg
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Oh boy. I had this huge debate on FB yesterday arguing with people who said cico doesn't work. I directed them to the mfp forums. I hope I didn't drag a whole lotta trouble over here.... :open_mouth:

I gave up trying to explain CICO to people....So now I'm all "yeah - enjoy your boring chicken and brown rice while I eat this pizza..."

Those are the two options?
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options

Went to a Galentine's day party last weekend, and someone's boyfriend came over to pick her up. Came in and wouldn't eat anything on the table because he was like "I can't eat this because I'm working out and trying to lose weight, I'll just take this for my cheat day" and I was like "OMG JUST EAT IT it doesn't make you fat" did not at all bring p calories because I figured that he doesn't track calories. But the look on his face when he "had to" pass up all the goodies on the table.... I felt so bad for him. Whereas I worked up extra calories and had 5 slices of pizza with 2 plates of popcorn lol.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options

If you find all of this disrespectful, you are not made for the internet.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    What I find funny is the OP profile states: "Calorie counting is the only way I know to lose weight." as their about me

Also you should learn on telling a story in a more concise way the wall of nonsense bored me after the first paragraph.
This discussion has been closed.