Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

I moved for one hour - after so many years of sitting.

I did something today that I haven't done in almost a decade. I opened the garage, got our push mower out and I started mowing. The back, the front and the side of our house. I had a day off, my husband was at work -nobody could stop me.

I am not a spring chicken anymore and I am very heavy. I haven't been on a walk in so many years. It took me 1 hour to mow the lawn. Sweat was dripping down my face, I was huffing and puffing , and my t-shirt was soaking wet...but I did it. I mowed, I bagged and cleaned up.

I moved around for 1 whole hour after so many years of sitting down. I had many water breaks, drunk about 4 bottles, but I did not sit down.

Young and healthy people might not be able to understand what that means to me. I feel like I started to climb a mountain and there is no turning back.

I am not sure where to post this because I am just at the beginning of my journey. I decided to post it here, under "success stories," because today I won!

Replies

• CatFan1019
    CatFan1019 Posts: 37 Member
    That's awesome. Great job! Keep up the great work!
  • dearcassandrab
    dearcassandrab Posts: 145 Member
    Your awesome! Just keep moving! It's going to be hard but you have support here!
  • ggeise14
    ggeise14 Posts: 386 Member
    Way to go! Your fitness journey has begun -- congrats on taking the first difficult steps!
  • evesmom2
    evesmom2 Posts: 231 Member
    Good for you! I certainly can relate to that. Last year it took me 2 days to cut the lawn....1 day for the front and sides, and the next day for the back. It was not a good site to see me...huffing/puffing, hot and sweaty after I was done. This year, after losing 33 lbs, it takes me an hour with no breaks.
  • Keladelphia
    Keladelphia Posts: 820 Member
    This definitely belongs under "success stories." Congrats on getting moving! Keep up the good work!
  • skinnyminikendra
    skinnyminikendra Posts: 187 Member
    Nice job!
    You did win!
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Keep moving girl! sent you a FR also.
  • hypodonthaveme
    hypodonthaveme Posts: 215 Member
    Great job! Today was a success. Let tomorrow be a success as well. You can do this! So happy for you. It's not easy, but you did it! You really did.
  • alyssa_rest
    alyssa_rest Posts: 276 Member
    awesome! great job! keep it up. :)
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Good on you MR and thank you for sharing the experience of that turn around moment on your life. :)
  • vrojapu
    vrojapu Posts: 268 Member
    Congratulations!!!
  • forruths
    forruths Posts: 197 Member
    That is a great success story, well done. Thanks for sharing it with us.
  • noclady1995
    noclady1995 Posts: 452 Member
    Wonderful!! Great post to share!!
  • sparklyglitterbomb
    sparklyglitterbomb Posts: 458 Member
    Brava! Congratulations!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Nice work lady!
  • klkarlen
    klkarlen Posts: 4,366 Member
    That is awesome, just awesome. Keep up the great work!
  • jbatinker
    jbatinker Posts: 313 Member
    Great steps forward. :)
  • HealthierRayne
    HealthierRayne Posts: 268 Member
    HIGH FIVE!!!!!
    B)
  • mtolose1
    mtolose1 Posts: 27 Member
    I love this!!!
    And you posted in the right place, because you are right, you won!! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!