HELP? Do I cut or bulk?

Options
2»

Replies

• jaymie_x0
    jaymie_x0 Posts: 265 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I think I'm going to take your advices and do maintenance and lift heavy what can it hurt.
  • sirenrose9419
    sirenrose9419 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I personally think you should only eat maintenance for a month, just to try and figure out where you are at, I've lost 50 lbs and spent 2 years at maitenence tried weight lifting a few times but I actually felt like I had no energy in my workouts so didn't get anywhere , I've now increased cals and started lifting again and my strength is finally increasing you would look even more awesome with more muscle mass and I feel like our body's are pretty similar looking except I'm currently 5'8 151 lbs and I've been bulking for a couple of months and started at 148 lbs I actually have gained ab definition despite increase of food/weight, I am a newbie so this is just an opinion not advice but I say bulk as soon as possible! ;)
  • sirenrose9419
    sirenrose9419 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You have very slim legs, definitely no more cutting! IMO x
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    jaymie_x0 wrote: »
    I think I'm going to take your advices and do maintenance and lift heavy what can it hurt.

Good idea. Enjoy the extra food! You can decide in a few weeks if you want to stay at maintenance or not
  • Nicki_101
    Nicki_101 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    It doesnt look like there is much left to cut.... I would focus on maintaining and bulking up a bit. You look great though...keep up the good work
  • slacker80
    slacker80 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Again as previously stated more than once. IMO I'd go maintenance and really put your heart into lifting. You've probably been in deficit for too long anyway and it's done it's job. However it's likely that your metabolism has adapted to your routine so trick it up and enjoy maintenance.
    As long as you don't cheat yourself on your sets with a good amount of volume in your training, than naturally the aesthetics will come. How well they come within Maintenance depends on your skill/level of consistency in both good nutritional dieting and exercise.