110 pounds?

Options
To those that weigh 110 pounds and less, how many calories do you eat daily to maintain?

Replies

• Hello_its_Dan
    Hello_its_Dan Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Depends on the age, height, and body fat%.

Hypothetical 25yo, 5 foot 110lbs

Activity Level Daily Calories
    Sedentary (little or no exercise, desk job) 1558
    Lightly Active (light exercise/sports 1-3 days/wk) 1785
    Moderately Active (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/wk) 2012
    Very Active (hard exercise/sports 6-7 days/wk) 2239
    Extremely Active (hard daily exercise/sports & physical job or 2X day training, i.e marathon, contest etc.) 2466

Hypothetical 45yo 5'3" at 25%BF

Daily Calories
    Sedentary (little or no exercise, desk job) 1462
    Lightly Active (light exercise/sports 1-3 days/wk) 1675
    Moderately Active (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/wk) 1888
    Very Active (hard exercise/sports 6-7 days/wk) 2101
    Extremely Active (hard daily exercise/sports & physical job or 2X day training, i.e marathon, contest etc.) 2314

Hypothetical 65yo 5'3" 30% BF

Activity Level Daily Calories
    Sedentary (little or no exercise, desk job) 1349
    Lightly Active (light exercise/sports 1-3 days/wk) 1546
    Moderately Active (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/wk) 1742
    Very Active (hard exercise/sports 6-7 days/wk) 1939
    Extremely Active (hard daily exercise/sports & physical job or 2X day training, i.e marathon, contest etc.) 2136
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,127 Member
    Options
    That. And that any specific person can differ from the calculator-estimated results (as noted above) by as many as hundreds of calories per day (higher or lower), because statistics. ;)

Use the calculators to get a starting guess, then adjust based on personal results. Or, eat the calorie level that causes you to lose at a sensibly moderate rate, then, as you approach goal weight, gradually add 100-200 daily calories to your eating, wait a couple of weeks or more to assess the results, then - if necessary - add some more. When your weight stabilizes within a small range, you've reached maintenance - as calculated exactly correctly for you by your body.
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    I'm short and fairly active and maintain on 1800+.
  • leahnoob
    leahnoob Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit different than most. I currently weigh 112, 5'3", and I am 34. I normally eat 1700-2000 cals a day and I am able to maintain. I led a pretty lazy lifestyle until recently. No kids with an office job
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    2100-2600 exercise 4x a week otherwise completely sedentary
  • cashewmill
    cashewmill Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    5'3.5", 101 pounds, and I eat anywhere from 1300-1800 calories to maintain my weight. I fluctuate between 100-102 but otherwise stay right here. I do 10-15k steps a day but no other exercise.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    I'm not 110 so I can't answer your specific question. I suggest that you put your stats into MFP, set to maintain, and see what it gives you. Use that as a starting point.
  • poop2436
    poop2436 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Does light exercise two times a week plus household chores such as vacuuming and washing dishes some days, and mostly sitting, count as lightly active ?
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    poop2436 wrote: »
    Does light exercise two times a week plus household chores such as vacuuming and washing dishes some days, and mostly sitting, count as lightly active ?

Not really. In mfp you are looking at Non-Exercise activity when setting the activity level. Exercise is logged in addition, but eat back only half of your exercise cals because they're overstated.
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Easily average 2,000/day (my food logging isn't perfect so that's a ballpark). I do work out everyday and get at least 15K steps on top of that. I'm 40.