Favorite quotes

Options
Favorite quotes? Here are some of mine:

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
-Edmund Burke

Failure isn't falling down, it's staying down.
-James Patterson

You pile up enough tomorrows and you'll be left with nothing but a bunch of empty yesterdays. I don't know about you, but I'd like to make today worth remembering.
-Meredith Willson

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
-Abraham Lincoln

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.
-Plato

The important thing is this: To be able at any moment to sacrifice what we are for what we could become.
-Charles DuBois

Justice is truth in action.
-Benjamin Disraeli

A discovery is said to be an accident meeting a prepared mind.
-Albert Szent-Gyorgyi

The time is now, the place is here. Stay in the present. You can do nothing to change the past, and the future will never come exactly as you plan or hope for.
-Dan Millman

Anxiety is love's greatest killer. It makes others feel as you might when a drowning man holds on to you. You want to save him, but you know he will strangle you with his panic.
-Anais Nin

When a quiet man is moved to passion, it seems the very earth will shake.
-Stephanie Barron

I am more and more convinced that our happiness or unhappiness depends more on the way we meet the events of life than on the nature of those events themselves.
-Alexander Humboldt

A true friend knows your weaknesses but shows you your strengths; feels your fears but fortifies your faith; sees your anxieties but frees your spirit; recognizes your disabilities but emphasizes your possibilities.
-William Arthur Ward

Don't wait. The time will never be just right.
-Napoleon Hill

I shall pass through this life but once. Any good therefore that I can do, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it. For I shall never pass this way again.
- Etienne de Grellet

The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody else up. ~Mark Twain

Silence is a source of great strength.
-Lao Tzu

Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal.
-Henry Ford

Missing someone isn’t about how long it’s been since you’ve seen them last or the amount of time since you’ve talked... It's about that very moment when you’re doing something and you wish that they were right there with you.

This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Men are born with two eyes, but only one tongue, in order that they should see twice as much as they say.
-Charles Caleb Colton

Lead, follow, or get out of the way.
-Laurence J. Peter

The bitterest tears shed over graves are for words left unsaid and deeds left undone.
-Harriet Beecher Stowe

A prepared messenger is more important than a prepared message.
-Robert Munger

It's not that the Christian faith has been tried and found difficult,but rather it's been found difficult and left untried.
-Gilbert Keith Chesterton

"There is a glorified Man on the right hand of the Majesty in heaven faithfully representing us there. We are left for a season among men; let us faithfully represent Him here."
-Tozer

"Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end." -John Lennon

Replies

• 4righteousnesssake
    4righteousnesssake Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    “Everyone has a plan ’till they get punched in the mouth.” ~ Mike Tyson

Haha, nice!
  • 4righteousnesssake
    Options
    You took them all :frowning:

What can I say, I'm thorough! Ha
  • abrubru
    abrubru Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I have no great talent, I am merely inquisitive. -Einstein
  • abrubru
    Options
    In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer. -Albert Camus
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,503 Member
    Options
    “Don’t fight a battle if you don’t gain anything by winning.” – Erwin Rommel
  • 4righteousnesssake
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    "Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne

Haha, good ole' John Wayne!
  • abrubru
    Options
    Beer...proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy... -Franklin
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,503 Member
    Options
    " I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. " ~ Winston Churchill
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,232 Member
    Options

1969 True Grit
    Rooster Cogburn: Yeah. He's not as game as Beau, but Stonehill says he can jump a four rail fence.
    Mattie Ross: You are too old and fat to be jumping horses.
    Rooster Cogburn: Well, come see a fat old man some time!
    [jumps the fence and rides away]

[Rooster confronts the four outlaws across the field]
    Rooster Cogburn: I mean to kill you in one minute, Ned. Or see you hanged in Fort Smith at Judge Parker's convenience. Which'll it be?
    Ned Pepper: I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man.
    Rooster Cogburn: Fill your hand, you son of a *kitten*!
  • TommyW45
    TommyW45 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Holy Smokes !
  • JHamilton6
    JHamilton6 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    "I used to be with it. Then they changed what it is. Now what I'm with isn't it and what's it seems weird and scary." Abe Simpson
  • JHamilton6
    Options
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and goverment to gain ground." Thomas Jefferson
  • JHamilton6
    Options
    "No man hath power over my rights and liberties, and I over no man's." Richard Overton
  • JHamilton6
    Options
    "If you're going through hell, keep going." Winston Churchill
  • AdamBenks
    AdamBenks Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    "To whom much is given, much is tested"
    - Bible
  • itsy_bitsy_spider
    itsy_bitsy_spider Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    "Now if you'll excuse me... I'm gonna go home and put some water in Buck Nasty's momma's dish"

~Silky Johnson @ the Playa Haters' Ball