Cutting from a bulk.

Options
3 days deficit for the weight loss and the refeed "bulk day" to keep the metabolism from adjusting to deficit dieting. Any time you cut carbs or go into deficit after about 5 to 7 days the weight lost decreases as the metabolism readjust to your body's new intake.

I love this method, it's been the bases of my motified deficit/carb cycles.

Replies

• slacker80
    slacker80 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Darn it did I just start a new thread?! I was answering another one posted. Ugh. Kind of complicated from my phone.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    So you suggest someone does a deficit for 3 days and refeeds? That would mean you are suggesting an extreme deficit because a refeed day would wipe out the deficit after only eating at one for 3 days. Also, the body doesn't adapt that fast or to the extremes that someone would need a refeed, not even within the first month (except in the case of someone doing a modified fast/VLCD).
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    So you suggest someone does a deficit for 3 days and refeeds? That would mean you are suggesting an extreme deficit because a refeed day would wipe out the deficit after only eating at one for 3 days. Also, the body doesn't adapt that fast or to the extremes that someone would need a refeed, not even within the first month (except in the case of someone doing a modified fast/VLCD).

Not even then. My RFL cuts run for 12 days before needing a refeed, and even then, I could probably get away with a bit longer, if I were at the highest end of C1 bodyfat.

Adaptive downranking does happen within four days of caloric deficit, but not to a large extent.
  • slacker80
    slacker80 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    It was a broscience response explanation to something already stated torwards another member and me just chiming in as I aggreed with the previous member stating similar but differently put.

However I do apologize I can't answer your questions, I think you already answered them long before you knew the question.

" Eating me won't make you happy"