Why am I gaining weight?!?!

Options
2»

Replies

• tamaeus
    tamaeus Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Please take this constructively and not as a slight. My intentions are good! The biggest concern for me in your post was when you said you sometimes "accidentally" go over your limit. It is never ever an accident. And you're deflecting responsibility to the cosmos instead of taking it yourself. If you're properly tracking, those "accidents" don't happen. My conclusion is that you're fooling yourself with regard to the number of calories you're consuming. Sorry sorry sorry!! I could be wrong! Just ask yourself if I could be right. Because if that's the case, you're undermining yourself and you'll never reach your goal that way.

No, you may be right. I do need to take responsibility for my actions and make sure to track it more often. Sometimes though, it really is an accident (like if I look at my progress to see that I have 500 calories left, but then I forget and accidentally eat 600 thinking I have 6-700 left). Or maybe I know I have 500 left, look at the menu and see a food item I want that's 500 calories, but don't realize that it's 500 ONLY IF I ask for no (ingredient). Like the other day, I was at the theaters and I saw that popcorn was 400 calories (just using that number as an example), but it's only 400 calories if I ask for no butter.
  • tamaeus
    tamaeus Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    But you're right, I need to exercise more and watch my calories.
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    tamaeus wrote: »
    But you're right, I need to exercise more and watch my calories.

Not only watch your calories, but weigh and measure every bite that goes into your mouth. If you are not doing that then you truly don't know how many calories you consume.