Need help on adjustable dumbells

Options
Does anyone have or tried the Powerblock Dumbells and the Bowflex dumbells? Have watched several videos, but really on fence on which one to choose. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Replies

• tomwasilj3w
    tomwasilj3w Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Go with the powerblocks man. I did extensive research on both and the powerblocks are the best. The handles were the main thing bothering me about them but after I bought them they weren't a problem at all and we're actually pretty comfortable.

The problem with the bowflex ones are that they're so *kitten* wide! And no matter what weight you put on the width is always the same since that's how it's designed. With the powerblocks, even maxed out at 90 lbs they aren't any wider than normal dumbells. The 5 lbs weight increments are really thin.

This is important when it comes down to doing and kind of press where you bring the dumbells together. The extra long width of the bowflex ones will have the dumbells touch each other before you get to contract and really squeeze your muscles.

Plus the bowflex weight adjustment dial has alot of plastic parts that I tend to brake.

I've had my powerblocks for years and they're just as good as new.

Hope this helps,
    Ya boy Tom
  • richfire785
    richfire785 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! That's what I was leaning towards. But I was hoping to hear feed back from people who use them.. This really helps a lot and made up my mind. Thanks Tom!! I really appreciate it.