Finding The Perfect Weight Loss Lunch

Options
WilliamAndersonLMHC
WilliamAndersonLMHC Posts: 117 Member
edited May 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
A Whopper, fries and a Coke can be 1500 calories. My BLT shown below is only 250.
96ffv0jj3osk.jpg

What's your perfect weight loss lunch? How many calories in it?

Replies

• StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    Today my lunch is leftover chicken breast (180g baked w/ seasoning), cous cous and sauteed asparagus. 352 cals.
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    OMG, I love BLTs so freaking much!! I could eat them every single day.

My lunch is typically this:

Lean roast beef and 2% cheese slice w/ spinach and tomato slice and bit of spicy brown mustard on an Arnolds Sandwich Thin. A honeycrisp apple and some Reduced Fat Cheez-Its. It's about 450 calories. (my base limit per day is 1450) Keeps be going all afternoon.

Sometimes instead of roast beef/cheese I make a low-fat tuna salad.
  • lexmb1
    lexmb1 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I make lunch bowls: today's perfect lunch:
    1st layer: 1 cup green beans
    2nd layer: 1/4 cup quinoa
    3rd layer: 1/3 cup of chick peas
    Top layer: 1 cup of cooked cherry tomatoes, mushrooms, red and yellow bell peppers, 0.5 tbsp olive oil and a huge heap of parsley.
    Total calories: 340 :-) YUM!

Add a side of Lebanese cucumbers and a mango.. MMMM! with an added 110 calories.
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    lexmb1 wrote: »
    I make lunch bowls: today's perfect lunch:
    1st layer: 1 cup green beans
    2nd layer: 1/4 cup quinoa
    3rd layer: 1/3 cup of chick peas
    Top layer: 1 cup of cooked cherry tomatoes, mushrooms, red and yellow bell peppers, 0.5 tbsp olive oil and a huge heap of parsley.
    Total calories: 340 :-) YUM!

Add a side of Lebanese cucumbers and a mango.. MMMM! with an added 110 calories.

Yum...I'm totally stealing this. Do you roast or steam the green beans first?
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Usually chicken breast. Either on a salad, or in a wrap, or with rice or cous cous and broccoli.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Turkey and Swiss, egg salad, chicken salad or peanut butter/jelly... I have one of these four sammiches every day.

eta and my sammiches are quite healthy.
  • DanniB423
    DanniB423 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Now I want a BLT instead of my salad.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Is that mayo? Did you weigh it? Because looks a heck of a lot more than would bring this in at 250. Would be interested in the breakdown (I'll let you off on the lettuce and tomato).

Guessing light mayo... So 150 calories of bread (those look like tiny slices), 10 calories of tomato and lettuce, maybe 40 calories of mayo (looks like more though, even for light mayo), 2 slices of bacon... 265 calories.

Not gonna lie though, I'd still be hungry if it's all I had for lunch.
  • lioness803
    lioness803 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I don't like lettuce or tomato, so definitely not perfect for me.
    I just had a portion of rotini, and a cucumber for a "perfect" lunch for my needs. (well, my first lunch, because my work schedule is stupid and I end up eating 2 lunches most days)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    TR0berts wrote: »
    Considering you compared a large sandwich, side, and a drink (ostensibly not diet) to a small sandwich, I'd say the comparison is pretty close to worthless.

Also, considering the BLT has very little protein, the Whopper (no mayo), small fries, and diet soda would be a much better "weight loss" lunch for me.

Pretty much this....
  • watts6151
    watts6151 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I have 2 lunches, both chicken, rice
    And hot sauce
  • Tried30UserNames
    Tried30UserNames Posts: 561 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I love a good BLT, with lots of mayo and bacon, maybe some avocado. And the tomatoes must come from the guy at the farmer's market who has the best, most delicious tomatoes ever.

But mine are more than 250 calories because I pile them fuller than yours.

Mostly, I like lunch around 300-400 calories, the same as my dinner. Breakfast is my biggest meal.

I don't eat Burger King or Coke, but I think you can get a Whopper Junior w/ cheese and Diet Coke for around 350 calories.
  • abbynormalartist
    abbynormalartist Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Leftover shrimp stir fry with cauliflower rice - less than 200 calories - so tasty!
  • leajas1
    leajas1 Posts: 823 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    For the next two weeks, mine will be homemade chicken fajitas: chicken breast, red/green pepper roasted in a little olive oil and fajita seasoning, topped with Greek yogurt and wrapped up.

ETA: 253 calories